How to ride a dirt bike

P
11/2/2012 6:57am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2012 6:44pm
There should be more of these. I'm surprised that shops don't offer them. At least they don't in my area, that I know of.

Honda Rider Education Center - More Motocross Videos

P
|
TX24
11/2/2012 7:08am
Good for Honda. Another company that has promoted new rider training on a very large scale is H-D.
11/2/2012 8:19am
It's a great thing to do. How will they sell more bikes if people don't know how to (safely) use them.

Around here, the only places to ride are gnarly tracks. So if you don't ride, I guess you're expected to figured that out, then huck big doubles while fast guys land on you and use you for traction? I've been riding for 38 years and I can't figure out how people are supposed to enter the sport. It has just become less and less approachable over the years.
P
11/2/2012 9:11am
It's a great thing to do. How will they sell more bikes if people don't know how to (safely) use them. Around here, the only places...
It's a great thing to do. How will they sell more bikes if people don't know how to (safely) use them.

Around here, the only places to ride are gnarly tracks. So if you don't ride, I guess you're expected to figured that out, then huck big doubles while fast guys land on you and use you for traction? I've been riding for 38 years and I can't figure out how people are supposed to enter the sport. It has just become less and less approachable over the years.
I agree.

P

The Shop

Arkmx
11/2/2012 9:55am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2012 9:56am

Mercedes was fast in the late 80's early 90's too!

1989 she finished 11th in the +25 at LL's!

In 1990 we came out of the SW Regional 1 & 2 in the +25, thought we could maybe get top 10 in the +25, NOT!
We both finished back in the 20's.... Damn!!

She use to help RJ in his Schools too.

TerryK
11/2/2012 12:12pm
Honda has been doing this for many years.
barrs211
11/2/2012 3:39pm
Honda is the only make of bike in the UK that offers 0% APR on all of there bikes, no other bike makes are doing this.. Honda are really stepping it up these last couple of years!
Motodave15
11/2/2012 3:45pm
It's a great thing to do. How will they sell more bikes if people don't know how to (safely) use them. Around here, the only places...

two things going on here

1. I would still do, Mercedes!...shes Not bad looking at that age, and im only 23!!

2. Don't be a wuss!!! You cut your teeth on the vet track/ then when you have the Huevo's Grande's you hit the main track!

as one of the poster's on vital has as a signature

(Man the F*&k up)
LoudLove
11/2/2012 6:36pm

Motodave15 wrote:
two things going on here 1. I would still do, Mercedes!...shes Not bad looking at that age, and im only 23!! 2. Don't be a wuss...
two things going on here

1. I would still do, Mercedes!...shes Not bad looking at that age, and im only 23!!

2. Don't be a wuss!!! You cut your teeth on the vet track/ then when you have the Huevo's Grande's you hit the main track!

as one of the poster's on vital has as a signature

(Man the F*&k up)
Poor Motodave. He doesn't understand the economics of MX. When you alienate guys like Chris BRAAP!, you essentially cut the legs out from under the sport, because I can almost guarantee he has exponentially more disposable income than your average 23 year old. And when the "wuss" finds other ways to spend those discretionary dollars, you're left riding some Chinese knock-off, because the BRAAAP-ster and his kind are the financial energy behind this entire industry.
Motodave15
11/2/2012 6:44pm
LoudLove wrote:
Poor Motodave. He doesn't understand the economics of MX. When you alienate guys like Chris BRAAP!, you essentially cut the legs out from under the sport...
Poor Motodave. He doesn't understand the economics of MX. When you alienate guys like Chris BRAAP!, you essentially cut the legs out from under the sport, because I can almost guarantee he has exponentially more disposable income than your average 23 year old. And when the "wuss" finds other ways to spend those discretionary dollars, you're left riding some Chinese knock-off, because the BRAAAP-ster and his kind are the financial energy behind this entire industry.
It was sarcasm... sorry i didn't come across that way... but i do understand the economics of mx.

You have to alienate the squids to keep it core bro!Woohoo

Post a reply to: How to ride a dirt bike

The Latest