How to make yz250fx forks stiff for mx tracks

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2019 5:35 AM

Ok guys so I bought a 19 yz250fx and did only some harescramble races and I have been thinking to switch to mx and I'm not really thinking on buying a new bike. I changed my rear wheel in to 19" for mx. For my suspension the rear is fine just had to make some minor adjustments to it but it seems my forks can't do the job it's too soft and I almost maxed up the compression clickers. Is there any way to make them stiffer?

|

9/29/2019 5:38 AM

Get some stiffer springs and turn on the MXDN

|

9/29/2019 1:27 PM

Jan_Piñol wrote:

Ok guys so I bought a 19 yz250fx and did only some harescramble races and I have been thinking to switch to mx and I'm not ...more

No matter what, you need springs for your weight if your spring rate isn’t appropriate for your weight. Secondly, your bike is valved for GNCC, aka rocks and roots. So a revalve is likely what you need.

I ride 80% off road and 20% mx and have Factory Connection revalve my suspension for WORCS for whatever bike I get and it ends up working really well both off road and on the track.

|

9/30/2019 9:23 AM

FX forks can do fine on a moto track with clicker adjustments and a little more oil to fight bottoming. try 15ml more oil to start

|

ride

9/30/2019 9:25 AM

Probably need an entire suspension setup - springs and revalve. Stiffer springs at minimum.

|