How to make Sx better in mud

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2019 7:18 PM

This is just an idea and I know the logistics would be difficult... how about making the call to push some of the jumps outta the way and make a more natural track instead of these guys riding up and down mud piles? I know people will make the argument that this is Sx not outdoors but when the guys can’t jump anything let alone tie anything together it’s silly. I’m not sure how big of mess it would be but couldn’t be any worse than last night... Thia is coming from a guy that used to enjoy a good mudder here and there but not anymore

|

2/3/2019 7:22 PM

i like it. they kind of did that with the whoops which worked out well

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

2/3/2019 7:23 PM

Imo they knew far enough in advance that they could have easily modified this track to make it better under these conditions, they need to create a plan B for mud races , Start adding truck loads of Sand all day every day, during the week when they know in advance.
And remove some jumps
Remove every other woop etc. Just those changes would have made a Huge Difference!
|

2/3/2019 7:30 PM

I think the changes they made to the track were fine.

What do you want? Muddy rollers around the entire track?

|

2/3/2019 7:31 PM

How about inviting Herlings, Cairoli, Coldenhoff, and Prado... just sayin

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

2/3/2019 7:36 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

How about inviting Herlings, Cairoli, Coldenhoff, and Prado... just sayin

Nothing's stopping them from racing supercross...just sayin

|

2/3/2019 7:43 PM

Hard liquor.

|

2/3/2019 7:57 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I think the changes they made to the track were fine.

What do you want? Muddy rollers around the entire track?

How about removing them completely in sections, letting these guys race corner to corner? At least a few of the worst parts, I’d rather see a race on bare plywood as that shit! Look at some of the Offroad guys who carry insane speed in the mud, these guys could put on a show if they weren’t following each other around up and down huge speed bumps

|

2/3/2019 7:59 PM

More lime.

|

2/3/2019 8:07 PM

In my opinion SX shouldn't have mud races except for Daytona. MX on the other hand should deal with Mother Nature. Only fix for SX would be to make sure the races are held in enclosed stadiums.

|

2/3/2019 10:44 PM

I think its hard to judge how bad it's actually going to be. The track during the 250 heat races looked pretty good, they were still jumping the triples and the finish line. It just seemed to get worse as it dried out a bit.

Its just such a fine line, it only takes one big storm at the wrong time to ruin it completely, which it seems is what happened on this occasion. If that storm came 2 hours earlier when the track was covered then maybe we're not having this conversation

|

2/4/2019 1:36 AM

montesagold wrote:

This is just an idea and I know the logistics would be difficult... how about making the call to push some of the jumps outta the way and make a more natural track instead of these guys riding up and down mud piles? I know people will make the argument that this is Sx not outdoors but when the guys can’t jump anything let alone tie anything together it’s silly. I’m not sure how big of mess it would be but couldn’t be any worse than last night... Thia is coming from a guy that used to enjoy a good mudder here and there but not anymore

They should use extra dirt to build the track up way more, so it's above the stadium floor, that way you at least have somewhere to drain the water off the track to.

|

2/4/2019 7:09 AM

"these type conditions".... silly

|

2/4/2019 8:01 AM

Rubber or another compound preformed obstacle molds

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

2/4/2019 5:31 PM

Electro21 wrote:

In my opinion SX shouldn't have mud races except for Daytona. MX on the other hand should deal with Mother Nature. Only fix for SX would be to make sure the races are held in enclosed stadiums.

Without mud, how can anyone consider SX the "Pinnacle" of dirt bike racing?
But on the other hand, I do agree SX should probably only be held indoors.

|

2/4/2019 7:05 PM

tingo wrote:

More lime.

Maybe an entire lime section, instead of sand.

|