How to clean bike without water?

Was wondering if anyone had tips of how to clean off a bike without having access to a pressure washer or hose. I know of windex and a bunch of rags but was wondering if anyone has another technique.
|
kb228
4/19/2018 4:33pm
Kitchen sink lol.

Mud scraper for the thick stuff and use purple power/awesome cleaner/shout and rags. Lots of rags.

Best thing for you would be to drive to a car wash.
kkawboy14
4/19/2018 4:35pm
WD-40

U only have 2 choices in liquids, water/water based products or solvent based products!
yz133rider
4/19/2018 5:23pm
Definitly drive to a car wash or a friends house
agn5009
4/19/2018 5:38pm
Why not go to the car wash? That seems like the most sensible. I would imagine it's really hard and time consuming washing a bike without water.

The Shop

mb
4/19/2018 5:41pm
I used to do it all the time. Stop in the hood at one of the do it yourself places. $2 gets the bike clean, but the truck bed will be caked in mud. Not a big deal, just have to go back later and do the truck if you care about it.
Infamous
Fantasy
2499th
4/19/2018 5:51pm
2 Spray pumps, the garden kind for applying weed killer or plant food.
Spend up and get the ones with brass fittings and a metal bottle.
Fill one with whatever flavor of soap you like and the other with water.
Works great!
Rickyisms
4/19/2018 5:53pm
Is this Wilson Fleming the SX rider?

Best bet would be road side car wash.
4/19/2018 6:09pm
Rickyisms wrote:

Yes it is! Had my bike taken from MN to this weekends round and don’t have my air box cover or anything else here to wash it properly. It seems like the factory mechanics are able to get their bikes looking spotless without a pressure washer at some of the rounds, figured maybe someone knew a trick or something. I’ll probably just get it as good as I can with some windex and rags.
Rickyisms
4/19/2018 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 6:17pm
Rickyisms wrote:

Yes it is! Had my bike taken from MN to this weekends round and don’t have my air box cover or anything else here to wash...
Yes it is! Had my bike taken from MN to this weekends round and don’t have my air box cover or anything else here to wash it properly. It seems like the factory mechanics are able to get their bikes looking spotless without a pressure washer at some of the rounds, figured maybe someone knew a trick or something. I’ll probably just get it as good as I can with some windex and rags.
Cool to see guys like you on here, I hope our countless James Stewart and Best oil threads don't drive you crazy. I'd say a mud scraper, Spray bottle with some dawn and simple green and water in it, And a rag and scotchbrite pad.

Good luck this weekend!
TallCan 16
4/19/2018 6:45pm
Ever tried the aerosol glass cleaner like you can get from Lowe's or Costco?
Freddyfred
4/19/2018 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 6:47pm
I've been using this for a year.
I bring a 6 gallon water container and use this to spray down the bike with https://www.worx.com/hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg629.html
I wash the bike before I put it back in the van. I have no garage so the bike lives in the van.
Better than nothing and only had to take the bike to a car wash once due to too much mud.

tobz
4/19/2018 6:55pm
Rickyisms wrote:

Yes it is! Had my bike taken from MN to this weekends round and don’t have my air box cover or anything else here to wash...
After watching the rocky mountain team with the jt$ tour, all they use is a can of cleaner (the name escapes me but maybe someone can chime in), a scraper and a rag and time. Nothing fancy.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
4/19/2018 7:32pm
yz133rider wrote:
Definitly drive to a car wash or a friends house
I have used a 2.5 gallon weed sprayer when in a pinch. They are cheap and you can keep the water away from your intake. The plastic grocery bags are a free air box cover tho.

Good Luck!
Drtbykr
4/19/2018 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 7:37pm
Rickyisms wrote:

Water container sounds like a plan. The factory bikes are dazzling good looking at the races, but they are getting lots of new plastics, graphics and parts between every race.

Even the Kawi’s look flashy and incredible. j/k...

With limited water it is good to spray under the fenders and such with something slippery...WD40? Wax.
I love Armorall.

Post a reply to: How to clean bike without water?

The Latest