How much to ride?

kathrynspeed
11/17/2020 9:04am
oceantrav wrote:
$25 at most tracks in Florida I ride. Damn, some of these $70-80 places to ride....I have two sons that ride too, I’d be quitting the...
$25 at most tracks in Florida I ride. Damn, some of these $70-80 places to ride....I have two sons that ride too, I’d be quitting the sport if that was my only option
Where in FLA do y'all ride. I'm by Tallahassee
11/17/2020 9:11am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2020 9:12am
30-45$ around here in Canada Quebec. Tracks are groomed every day and in real good condition.
oceantrav
11/17/2020 9:13am
oceantrav wrote:
$25 at most tracks in Florida I ride. Damn, some of these $70-80 places to ride....I have two sons that ride too, I’d be quitting the...
$25 at most tracks in Florida I ride. Damn, some of these $70-80 places to ride....I have two sons that ride too, I’d be quitting the sport if that was my only option
Where in FLA do y'all ride. I'm by Tallahassee
Tampa mx, dade city mx, Spyder mx the most. Then a lot others, racing mini o’s next week so can’t complain about prices too much lol
Jesse318pnw
11/17/2020 9:30am
$40-$50 in Oregon.
Yeah, and you sometimes don't get your money's worth out here. A recent practice at a national-event level track near Portland was $40 and they didn't...
Yeah, and you sometimes don't get your money's worth out here. A recent practice at a national-event level track near Portland was $40 and they didn't even bother to prep it. I voted with my wallet and went elsewhere. I wasn't paying $120 for me and my boys for that mess. The real gripe was that if they'd paid any attention to the weather at all, they could have had epci dirt with some work. Tracks are work. It costs $$$ and takes a LOT of time to do it right. Some people will just cruise along on their reputation and not put in the effort needed for a consistent product. Rant over. Smile

Hammer 663s
LOL I think I was there. You talking about Washougal? Last practice of the season I paid $50 to ride but they never ended up opening...
LOL I think I was there. You talking about Washougal? Last practice of the season I paid $50 to ride but they never ended up opening the main track and we all had to ride a blown-out choppy field track. I was pretty mad.

It is hard to keep paying $40-$50 a weekend! Everyone keeps raising their prices.
$50 is well worth it for the unlimited practice at Mtn. View. The worst is paying $35-$50 and getting to ride 15 minutes of every hour when practices are broken up.

At one of the practice days this year at Washougal I paid for two classes to get more riding in and still only got like 5 sessions in within 4.5 hours (plus a 6 hr round trip).

Riverdale is still well worth it at $35.

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
11/17/2020 9:41am
$20-$30 everywhere in Wisconsin. I think Motovation MX might be $40. I'll usually throw an extra $5-$10 at the practice only tracks that I know the owners well to help make it worth their while.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
11/17/2020 10:27am
$20-$30 everywhere in Wisconsin. I think Motovation MX might be $40. I'll usually throw an extra $5-$10 at the practice only tracks that I know the...
$20-$30 everywhere in Wisconsin. I think Motovation MX might be $40. I'll usually throw an extra $5-$10 at the practice only tracks that I know the owners well to help make it worth their while.
Yeah we have it pretty good in WI when you see what others post. This is a local practice track, guys yard is like a park. He has the "main" track, a kids track that is great for pit bikes, a woods loop and a pond to swim in, all for $20-25.
Hammer 663s
11/17/2020 10:29am
$50 is well worth it for the unlimited practice at Mtn. View. The worst is paying $35-$50 and getting to ride 15 minutes of every hour...
$50 is well worth it for the unlimited practice at Mtn. View. The worst is paying $35-$50 and getting to ride 15 minutes of every hour when practices are broken up.

At one of the practice days this year at Washougal I paid for two classes to get more riding in and still only got like 5 sessions in within 4.5 hours (plus a 6 hr round trip).

I do like the Unlimited at Mtn View, but man they need to improve the prep. All it would take is some sawdust or woodchips tilled in after a deep rip and water to turn that clay base into loamy goodness. It just gets too blue grooved and one-lined as it is now, and if you get off that one line it's marbles.

Albany has been doing pretty good this Fall. They've brought in some sand and the layouts have been fun. $30 practice fee, with reasonable splits and good management of sessions. That's my beef with Riverdale - it's a free-for-all and most of the flagger are smoking dope and looking at their phones all day. Wink

When I win the lottery I'm gonna open the best track in the PNW. Prep will be perfect every single time. LOL
11/18/2020 3:08am
Yeah, and you sometimes don't get your money's worth out here. A recent practice at a national-event level track near Portland was $40 and they didn't...
Yeah, and you sometimes don't get your money's worth out here. A recent practice at a national-event level track near Portland was $40 and they didn't even bother to prep it. I voted with my wallet and went elsewhere. I wasn't paying $120 for me and my boys for that mess. The real gripe was that if they'd paid any attention to the weather at all, they could have had epci dirt with some work. Tracks are work. It costs $$$ and takes a LOT of time to do it right. Some people will just cruise along on their reputation and not put in the effort needed for a consistent product. Rant over. Smile

Hammer 663s
LOL I think I was there. You talking about Washougal? Last practice of the season I paid $50 to ride but they never ended up opening...
LOL I think I was there. You talking about Washougal? Last practice of the season I paid $50 to ride but they never ended up opening the main track and we all had to ride a blown-out choppy field track. I was pretty mad.

It is hard to keep paying $40-$50 a weekend! Everyone keeps raising their prices.
Yup - that was the one. I was pretty pissed off to get up early and drive there and find that sh!t show. If I'd have...
Yup - that was the one. I was pretty pissed off to get up early and drive there and find that sh!t show. If I'd have paid and then only gotten to ride in the field I'd have burned the damn announcing tower down. Wink

I am rarely impressed with the way they run that place. Really half-a$$ed IMHO. Their idea of prep is to drive a dozer around it and call it done. Then charge $40-50 for one rider.

So we drove back home and rode the 2 private tracks we have access to. Both were better than Washougal would have been even tho I hadn't prepped either one in 2 weeks.

Hammer 663s
Yeah that was bull****. I'm surprised a track with such a good reputation would do that. They should have given everyone a rain check for another practice or at least a 50% refund at the minimum. Makes me want to support someplace else. Even when the main track is open, there are so many classes you barely get to ride. I like the track, the biggest in the area but management sucks or something. Dang you should hook me with those privates lol.
11/18/2020 3:14am

Hammer 663s

$50 is well worth it for the unlimited practice at Mtn. View. The worst is paying $35-$50 and getting to ride 15 minutes of every hour...

I agree. I just wish Mtn. View dirt would stay good for longer, especially when it's sunny/hot. I've learned over the 10 years I've been going there that the dirt stays good when it's cloudy. I wish other tracks would do unlimited practices.

Washougal is like that, one of the worse things about it. You pay $40 to ride and get to ride 3 or 4 times all day! Waiting over an hour for your session! I like Riverdale, it's like unlimited practice on the cheap.
11/18/2020 3:20am

I do like the Unlimited at Mtn View, but man they need to improve the prep. All it would take is some sawdust or woodchips tilled...
I do like the Unlimited at Mtn View, but man they need to improve the prep. All it would take is some sawdust or woodchips tilled in after a deep rip and water to turn that clay base into loamy goodness. It just gets too blue grooved and one-lined as it is now, and if you get off that one line it's marbles.

Albany has been doing pretty good this Fall. They've brought in some sand and the layouts have been fun. $30 practice fee, with reasonable splits and good management of sessions. That's my beef with Riverdale - it's a free-for-all and most of the flagger are smoking dope and looking at their phones all day. Wink

When I win the lottery I'm gonna open the best track in the PNW. Prep will be perfect every single time. LOL
I agree! Track only stays good for longer durations if it is cloudy all day. I really wish they would bring in some different dirt as well, been saying that for years. Not only is the dirt hard, it's dangerous. I've seen more people get hurt there (myself included, almost died) than any other track in the Northwest.

I've enjoyed Albany! Fair prices and the dirt is pretty good. I love most how they till it mid-day! No other track around here does that! I like Riverdale too.

My dream is to win the lottery and build the best multi-track complex and charge fair prices and make it so everyone gets enough seat time. I also want to fund Suzuki and create a good factory team again and even pour money into the company for R&D for dirtbikes.
CatEyes MX
11/18/2020 7:10am
How much do local tracks charge to ride in your area? 20, 30, we recently had a track go up to 40.
about 15 - 20 bucks at Jewell, and $25 at ImI.
Hammer 663s
11/18/2020 8:33am
Yeah that was bull****. I'm surprised a track with such a good reputation would do that. They should have given everyone a rain check for another...
Yeah that was bull****. I'm surprised a track with such a good reputation would do that. They should have given everyone a rain check for another practice or at least a 50% refund at the minimum. Makes me want to support someplace else. Even when the main track is open, there are so many classes you barely get to ride. I like the track, the biggest in the area but management sucks or something. Dang you should hook me with those privates lol.
PM me. Both are probably done for the year due to rain, but I start prepping them in March usually for the Spring.

One is like PIR, more SX-style, and the other is a big outdoor track like Washougal.

Hammer 663s

Post a reply to: How much to ride?

The Latest