How much practice?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2019 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2019 3:26 PM

For a supercross race, how much practice do they get on that weekend's track before Saturday? Is it just a quick practice on Friday? Thanks for any info

|

2/8/2019 3:24 PM

Seems guys are always doing midweek motos at the test tracks etc. to stay sharp. This is purely guessing but I would guess they ride 2-3 times during the week, maybe more if they’re testing new stuff

|

2/8/2019 3:26 PM

zehn wrote:

Seems guys are always doing midweek motos at the test tracks etc. to stay sharp. This is purely guessing but I would guess they ride 2-3 times during the week, maybe more if they’re testing new stuff

Oops. I meant for that weekend's race, how much practice do they get on that track? Thanks

|

2/8/2019 3:30 PM

zehn wrote:

Nellyinda803 wrote:

Oops. I meant for that weekend's race, how much practice do they get on that track? Thanks

If they ride press day, they get some time on a part of the track. On Saturday they get one untimed practice and two times qualis. So something like 30 minutes on the track before the racing

|

2/9/2019 4:34 AM

Here’s your answer Photo

|

2/9/2019 4:40 AM

Realistically they do a total of about 20 laps of practice excluding those who ride press day

|

2/9/2019 10:22 AM

Well I guess that's why they're the pros, they can get their timing down with such little preparation

|

2/9/2019 10:25 AM

Compare that to a local race where you get like a 3 lap practice. Unless you sneak out in multiple practices.whistling

|