How much longer is Monster's contract as sponsor of Supercross?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2015 2:12 PM

Just curious.

|

10/1/2015 2:16 PM

8 years

|

10/1/2015 2:17 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

8 years

I hope you're kidding.

|

10/1/2015 2:21 PM

why would he be kidding?

you idiots will bitch about everything.

who cares how much longer they sponsor.

hopefully it's 80 years.

Monster is the fastest growing company in the world right now and you morons want to bitch about it.

|

10/1/2015 2:23 PM

j100 wrote:

why would he be kidding?

hopefully it's 80 years.

Monster is the fastest growing company in the world right now and you morons want to bitch about it.

Flexxin.

|

10/1/2015 2:44 PM

...the contract is too long for some...not long enough for others...

|

rickys james mc hannah 469...ama pro career wins...and counting
which means these riders have an average of 92 wins ea...
which is equal to over 3 years of winning every single sx and natl each...
15 years of absolute total 100% domination ...just sayin' ...

10/1/2015 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2015 2:49 PM

I hope monster stays for as long as possible. They have given a lot more than most of the other sponsors have (minus redbull)
THQ had it for quite awhile...and went out of business.

|

10/1/2015 3:35 PM

Without energy drink money, I dont know how this sport would survive.

|

10/1/2015 3:47 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

8 years

SEE ARE125 wrote:

I hope you're kidding.

Why? What a stupid thing to say.

Financial security of our sports is fucking stupid, you're right BRO.

|

10/1/2015 4:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2015 4:13 PM

j100 wrote:

why would he be kidding?

hopefully it's 80 years.

A bit harsh. I didn't see any bitching. I'd be curious to know as well.

|

10/1/2015 4:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2015 4:39 PM

I say suck every possible dollar out of that industry as possible for as long as possible. Both at the promoter level and the rider level. It's a good fit for them and the most outside sponsor money available for the riders. If you don't like energy drink products don't buy them. I support Red Bull by having a Jagerbomb once or twice a year. I reckon that 1/2 can of RedBull is keeping them afloat financially.

|

MR. X wrote:

That one dog keeps winning ,I'm so bored watching the finals ,somebody , somewhere ,owes me something . They need to change the format ,that way the dog I want to win will have a chance against the much faster dogs.

10/1/2015 4:45 PM

j100 wrote:

why would he be kidding?

hopefully it's 80 years.

No shit, the sport has grown with them as sponsors, they have done so much. WTF is there it complain about. Upset about TV coverage, complain to the TV providers, Monster puts on the show, others produce the TV.

What else do people want to complain about?? This sport shrinks with out a major sponsor.

|

10/1/2015 4:57 PM

Look at flat track no coverage no big sponsor so it virtually goes unnoticed.

|

10/1/2015 5:27 PM

j100 wrote:

why would he be kidding?

hopefully it's 80 years.

RangerLee wrote:

No shit, the sport has grown with them as sponsors, they have done so much. WTF is there it complain about. Upset about TV coverage, complain to the TV providers, Monster puts on the show, others produce the TV.

What else do people want to complain about?? This sport shrinks with out a major sponsor.

I don't think anyone can argue the financial backing they have given, but the way they have changed the race experience is not exactly ideal for a lot of us. For me personally, I'm beyond done with the stupid T&A bs shoved at you everywhere you look at the races, spokes models are fine but Monster just makes things look trashy in my opinion. Red Bull can do similar styles of advertising in a much more relaxed, classy way while the way Monster goes about it is kind of, uh, unrefined. It's really just a matter of personal opinion I guess, but I always thought this was a family sport and it seems like they are doing a good job of pushing the family part out of the races, especially in the pits. My opinion, yours will likely differ but I don't think I'm alone on this.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

UCD Engineering

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram: @485Josh

10/1/2015 5:29 PM

because its flat track.........

|

10/1/2015 5:44 PM

Put me in charge of casting and styling of the Monster girls and I'll make it great. hahahha

|

10/1/2015 5:59 PM

j100 wrote:

why would he be kidding?

hopefully it's 80 years.

RangerLee wrote:

JM485 wrote:

I don't think anyone can argue the financial backing they have given, but the way they have changed the race experience is not exactly ideal for a lot of us. For me personally, I'm beyond done with the stupid T&A bs shoved at you everywhere you look at the races, spokes models are fine but Monster just makes things look trashy in my opinion. Red Bull can do similar styles of advertising in a much more relaxed, classy way while the way Monster goes about it is kind of, uh, unrefined. It's really just a matter of personal opinion I guess, but I always thought this was a family sport and it seems like they are doing a good job of pushing the family part out of the races, especially in the pits. My opinion, yours will likely differ but I don't think I'm alone on this.

This is exactly what I was referring to. Obviously the sport needs a big title sponsor, but the way Monster goes about it is ridiculous. It's become a complete flat bill bro show. The Daytona SX is an example of the direction the sport should head, IMO. I appreciate Monster forking out the $$ and sponsoring the series, but SX was here before them and will be here when they're gone.

|

10/1/2015 7:35 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

This is exactly what I was referring to. Obviously the sport needs a big title sponsor, but the way Monster goes about it is ridiculous. It's become a complete flat bill bro show. The Daytona SX is an example of the direction the sport should head, IMO. I appreciate Monster forking out the $$ and sponsoring the series, but SX was here before them and will be here when they're gone.

The fashion you're referring to has been in this sport much longer than Monster has even been a company for.

|

10/1/2015 7:41 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Do you want to know why the telecast has been changed to this new ridiculous format? It's because idiots like this are the ones who are buying their "energy" daily:

We are only going to get more tits and ass as long as these people breed.

|

10/1/2015 7:53 PM

I don't drink their stuff......but I appreciate every single penny they put back into this sport and it's riders! They are by far and away the biggest sponsor this sport has ever seen. And it aint just in the states , and it aint just in MX...it's every where. The amount they have paid up for all their sponsorships , in everything? God only knows , but I bet it's probably closer to the Billion dollar mark , then it is the 100 million dollar mark.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/1/2015 7:57 PM

The words " stupid or retarded " ....don't even come close to measuring up to what this dumbshit did. haha , the dude ruined himself. Laugh my ass off every time I see that pic.

Anyone ever find out who that kid was? Did anyone ever interview him? Sure would like to know where he's from.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/1/2015 8:00 PM

We need a sponsor that lifts

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani

10/1/2015 8:18 PM

nickj308 wrote:

because its flat track.........

It's NASCAR on motorcycles and a whole bunch of really confused people seem to enjoy that "sport" for some odd reason.

|

10/1/2015 10:23 PM

How ever long it is it is not long enough. I hope they decide to keep being the sponsor of SX

|

Ed Johnson

10/2/2015 1:30 AM

JM485 wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:

NV825 wrote:

Do you want to know why the telecast has been changed to this new ridiculous format? It's because idiots like this are the ones who are buying their "energy" daily:

We are only going to get more tits and ass as long as these people breed.

You know what? Its way better than no telecast.

|

10/2/2015 2:05 AM

S.Loyer wrote:

You know what? Its way better than no telecast.

This. Some people here would complain about a free lunch.

|

10/2/2015 3:36 AM

I hope they disappear with their shit drink.

They cater and market to the simpletons, they lap it up.
Shame so many feed on it.

Sport was here before it will be after them.

My 2c...

|

10/2/2015 5:54 AM

The Rock wrote:

We need a sponsor that lifts

Crossfit AMA Supercross Series sponsored by Reebok

|

10/2/2015 6:10 AM

Long......long time.

|

10/2/2015 7:09 AM

IceMan446 wrote:

Without energy drink money, I dont know how this sport would survive.

Let's go back to cigarettes!

|

KX125