How many states have you raced or ridden in?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2019 7:48 PM

raced in 8 states
Michigan,indiana,ohio,illinois,pennsylvania,tennesee,texas,florida.
rode in 2 others, georgia, alabama.
raced in ontario canada.

The other thread about great states got me thinking.

|

2/14/2019 7:56 PM

Texas(all over), Colorado(Steamboat Springs), Georgia(Road Atlanta), California(Glen Helen), New York(Unadilla), Louisiana...I don't get out much.

|

2/14/2019 7:58 PM

That got me thinking.
Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin Michigan, Minnesota, South Dakota, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Georgia, Florida.

Looks like 15 if I haven’t forgotten some.

|

2/14/2019 8:10 PM

Raced - 8 Idaho, Kansas (including Baldwin), Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, New Hampshire, Massachusetts (Southwick), California (Saddleback)

Ridden - the above plus 14 more. Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Vermont, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Texas, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Penn, Virginia,

|

2/14/2019 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 8:17 PM

OH, FL, MI, PA, GA, AL, CA, TN, NC, SC, IL, IN, NY, MN, WV, KY, VA

Lots of good memories.

|

2/14/2019 8:34 PM

Wisconsin
Minnesota
Colorado
Nevada
New Mexico
Washington
Montana
Illinois
Michigan
Oklahoma
Iowa
California
Nebraska
Idaho

|

2/14/2019 8:41 PM

Just SoCal and AZ.

I haven't actually entered a race in well over a year, but my last three were in AZ. At the time out here, I just more fun riding at Glen Helen or Pala.

It'd be nice to find a 5-6 race series where I wouldn't miss a day due to work. Been curious how the C and Vet B classes are doing.

|

A wise man once said nothing

2/14/2019 8:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 8:53 PM

SoCal, NorCal, AZ, Oregon with Jeffro, and Nevada

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2016 KX450f
2006 KX250

2/14/2019 9:08 PM

Albuquerque New Mexico during the 2000s and Texas 05-07

|

2/14/2019 9:58 PM

Massachusetts
Conn.
R.I.
Maine
New Hampshire
New York
Penn
Maryland
Florida

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

2/14/2019 10:08 PM

Damn, only 3 for me..S. Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona

I do miss riding woods and good dirt, and having land behind the house

|

2/14/2019 10:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 10:16 PM

Ontario
Hockingheim, Germany
NY, NJ, MD, VA, MA, PA, NC, SC, FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, TX, OK, AR, TN, KY, IL, IN, OH, MI, MN, NE

|

#performanceedgeracing @tmracingusa @ride.prl @powerbandracing @vertexpistons @LS2helmetsus @hotrodsproducts @pivotworks @fmf73 @kendatire @mikametals @dt1filtersusa @sidimotousa @motoseat @dubyausa @xbrandgoggles @thormxofficial @g2ergonomics @tamer_holeshot_hookup @riskracingmoto @acerbisusa @nihiloconcepts @matrixconcepts @suzukiyamahaofdaltonga @mobiusbraces @sandboxkings @terry_varnermotorsports

2/15/2019 12:38 AM

As a European.. i rode in 2 countries ha.. Belgium and Netherlands!

|

2/15/2019 1:22 AM

No states, but raced in England, Wales, and the Netherlands. Rode in France, Belgium and New Zealand.

|

I no longer regret my username.

2/15/2019 4:09 AM

Raced: IL, WI, MI, IN, TN, MO, UT, CA, CO

Ridden: OH, FL, WA

|

2/15/2019 4:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2019 7:06 AM

Ohio - D11 and now ACES enduros and Hare Scrambles. I raced a few MX races in the old D11 as well. There is a reason Ohio has produced so many offroad superstars over the years. Southern Ohio is slick clay and rocky with tight trees and big steep hills. If you can go decent down there, you can ride almost anywhere! As seen below, I have been all over and still look to the southern Ohio area as some of the best dirt bike riding there is!

Indiana- I have raced D15 Enduros and now D14 enduros as well as some IXCR races. Mudobbers MC enduro is one of the best races I have ever ridden

Illinois- I haven't done a lot of riding here but I did do a trials event in Mendota IL last year.

Kentucky- Back in the old days there was D10 HS which were all held at Eagle Creek Park. The place was gnarly. Rocky rutted and beat. I loved racing there and know that the time spent there helped make me into the rider I am now.

Michigan - I won the 2018 250A enduro championship in D14 and my wife and I ride together in the family enduro series. The trails up here are sandy and fun. A lot of the trails are pretty tight single track. Also, Tomahawk Trail in Wolverine MI is one of the best places to ride.... Anywhere.

Pennsylvania - I have raced a few enduros here. Both as National Enduros and ACES Enduros. The Green Marble Enduro was super fun and not as sketchy/ rocky as the Rattlesnake.

Maryland - Deep Creek Maryland, WISP GNCC. The first year they ran this event it was gnarly. Wet, rocky, and tough. This is how I remember GNCCs. They weren't always bulldozer wide trail, 3hr GP races...

West Virginia - I raced a couple GNCCs here in the early 2000's. The best being the Hard Rock (?) GNCC in Fairmont WV. It was super fun and had a pro hill called "Papa Hill" that was CRAZY!! I watched Lafferty struggle on that hill and have to hit it twice. Myself and a couple friends also got lost in the wilderness after dark the night before the race.. Good times. There is also a couple really good places to ride that i won't post online but on the right day you can ride with former national HS champs and ride terrain and trails that will blow your mind.

South Carolina - Sandlapper National Enduro. The name says it all. Sandy, and on row 101 or whatever, it is WHOOPED out beyond belief! I also rode the Little Brown Jug Enduro in 2003ish timeframe near Greenville SC. That was an amazing race. I loved it and would love to go do that one again.

Georgia - Raced the Cherokee National Enduro there a couple times. I always struggled there. Slick reddish clay and exposed pine tree roots. This race was always early in the season and being from Ohio, I never showed up in good enough condition to be competitive.

Tennessee - I raced an one of my first ever hare scrambles down around Morristown? in 1999-2000 timeframe. It was rocky and tough with some HUGE hillclimbs. I also raced the Rad Dad National enduro in 2010 on Dick Burlesons row. It was a great day. I got to talk to one of my heroes all day while riding in awesome weather. The trail there is on a private riding clubs property so a fair amount was beat and hardpacked but it didn't matter. I got to ride with Dick Burleson!

Missouri - I only rode one race in MO. It was a National Enduro at St. Joe's State park area. It was called the Lead Belt enduro due to all the old lead mining done there. It was really weird. It was a bunch of sand left over from mining days that was on top of a lot of slick rock and roots. It poured rain all day and I hated the day. The A/AA section there is tough and has a "waterfall" section that has you running down a creek with 6-8 drops (waterfalls) down the length of it. Ton's of good youtube videos of that section.

South Dakota - I didn't get to ride my actual dirt bike in SD but I put quite a few miles on and offroad on my Africa Twin adventure bike. We saw all of Custer State park, Needles Highway, Etc. It was a great ride on the old gravel access roads off the beaten path. Both my wife and I weren't impressed with the touristy crap like Deadwood, Sturgis, and Wall Drug.

Utah - Moab. Enough said. I rode both my dirt bike and my adventure bike here and prefer the adventure bike.

Wyoming - I got to ride my trials bike here when purchasing it and rode my Adventure bike around as well. Beautiful wide open country. More Pronghorn in the state than people.

Colorado - I rode around Gunnison on my Adventure bike and at Taylor Park on the dirt bike. It is rough, rocky, high elevation. It was so awesome. Look up Timberline Trail and Star Trail on Youtube. Super Gnarly.

Arizona - Rode MTBs and Dirtbikes around Sedona, and Prescott area. Desert riding. Not my forte. Too much wide open, not enough trees for me.

California - I just recently got to ride the High Dez near Keefer on a new Honda 450L with a friend who works for Honda. Great trails. Conditions were awesome. It was the day after Anaheim 2 and had rained a ton the week before. We rode near Pinnacles? and up to Arrowhead Lake. It was a lot of double track with some single track thrown in. I was super impressed by the 450L dual sport bike. I rode it like I would my 250XC race bike and it took it well. I definitely felt the weight when jumping it though.

I may be missing one or two.. Most of those are places that racing has taken me.

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

2/15/2019 4:24 AM

Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, California, South Carolina, Florida

|

2/15/2019 4:43 AM

Raced in 11

ME
NH
MA
CT
NY
RI
NJ
MD
PA
WVA
FL

|

Name withheld... Esquire

2/15/2019 4:46 AM

Only two for me, WI and IL. There were so many tracks around us back in the day. We had 5 tracks within an hour and a half of me. Now I ride every week, but only race one track series.

|

2/15/2019 4:53 AM

California
Florida
Illinois
Michigan
North Carolina
South Carolina
Washington
Wisconsin

and Baja Mexico

|

recmx.com

REC MX, JE Pistons, Wiseco, Rusk Racing, Yoshimura, Enzo Racing, Dubya Wheels, Asterisk, Rocket Performance, CCR Sport, & MMR

2/15/2019 5:15 AM

Only California and Arizona. will be adding New York to that in June. But i think thats ok living in the UK. Ridden in Italy too.

Racing this year will be

Belgium
Germany
Germany
UK
Germany
USA
Germany
Czech Republic
Germany
UK
Belgium.

Add to that we will be at maybe 4 MXGP's too, we get about a bit.

Flip side of that is my lawn is 2ft long in the summer.

|

2/15/2019 5:17 AM

3. Ohio (home state, Pennsylvania (Hi-Point and Steel City amateur day), and West Virginia (Action Sports AX Series leg in Huntington)

|

2/15/2019 5:40 AM

Raced mx in ohio and michigan, been to over a dozen states on the street bike though.

|

2/15/2019 5:58 AM

This thread would be a lot more interesting if you all would add in a little bit about it. How about some comparisons
Which place was the best , the worst
How where the turn outs ?
Something more than state state state

|

2/15/2019 6:18 AM

All in the South. Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Motocross, Hare Scrambles, Enduros, and GNCC.

|

2/15/2019 6:27 AM

Disarray
Confusion
Bankruptcy
Despair
Delusion
Apathy

|

2/15/2019 6:34 AM

* Seriously though, an excellent query and I was pondering this the other day.....

I'd love to follow along with someone that would take a year off and try to ride/race tracks in every (contiguous) track in the US....

Me; Ohio, Nevada, Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, California,North/South Carolina, Michigan, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, NY, others I forget, Im old now

|

2/15/2019 6:35 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

This thread would be a lot more interesting if you all would add in a little bit about it. How about some comparisons
Which place was the best , the worst
How where the turn outs ?
Something more than state state state

I will edit my post above with some details.... Good idea.

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

2/15/2019 6:43 AM

NJ
PA
NY
MD
VT
CT
MA
NC
SC
FL
GA
TN
AL
TX
OH
IL
KS
WI
MI
MN
ID
OR
WA
CA
AZ
UT

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

2/15/2019 6:52 AM

AL, MS, TN, TX, NC, GA, LA....... Seven states for me.

|