How many members own an RM250?

5/6/2015 11:51pm
bangmyhead wrote:
Anyone know the newest year Rmz forks that will fit in the clamps??
2013 + RMZ 250 forks fit in the top clamp on an 06 RM 125 triple clamp. Not through the bottom clamp though. I'm thinking the 2012 forks might fit.
5/7/2015 1:32am
Took my 08 250 for a quick ride up and down the street last weekend - it's a garage queen but I figure an occasional run is good for it.

Man does that puppy haul!
tb901
Fantasy
2041st
5/7/2015 5:36am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2015 10:31am
I found this somewhere a few years back when I was trying to upgrade my 03 to Showa's

5/8/2015 1:10am
Really obscure question but for folks who bought a late model RM new: do you recall where the little 'Unleaded Fuel Only' decal was placed? I am guessing on the tank somewhere....?

There is a larger premix decal that is on the rear fender.

The Shop

RM Mike
5/8/2015 10:17am
Really obscure question but for folks who bought a late model RM new: do you recall where the little 'Unleaded Fuel Only' decal was placed? I...
Really obscure question but for folks who bought a late model RM new: do you recall where the little 'Unleaded Fuel Only' decal was placed? I am guessing on the tank somewhere....?

I will check it out when I get home. My bike is unmodified. Showroom condition. I left all the original stickers on.
5/8/2015 11:51pm
RM Mike wrote:
I will check it out when I get home. My bike is unmodified. Showroom condition. I left all the original stickers on.
Perfect thanks!

RM Mike
5/9/2015 7:41am
Really obscure question but for folks who bought a late model RM new: do you recall where the little 'Unleaded Fuel Only' decal was placed? I...

There is no such decal on my bike. Might have had one, but I don't remember removing it. I do have the other 30 to 1 and safety warning decals on the rear fender.

I wanted an RM Suzuki since 1977 and I just like it the way it is. I'm not big on modifications. Visible ones at least.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
5/9/2015 8:17am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 8:20am
Had both [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/05/08/90378/s1200_image.jpg[/img] wheels touch the ground today. First time in months!
Had both

wheels touch the ground today. First time in months!
That thing is sweet! There are so many ways to do these bikes and I really like this way...now that I look closer did you anodize the brake calipers to match the hubs and suspension? That is ultra cool
Motofinne
5/9/2015 8:19am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 8:20am
A better pic of the RM. The only thing i would like to add to the bike is Boyesen engine covers! Painting the frame would be nice but that is way to time consuming.

5/9/2015 9:07am
Motofinne wrote:
A better pic of the RM. The only thing i would like to add to the bike is Boyesen engine covers! Painting the frame would be...
A better pic of the RM. The only thing i would like to add to the bike is Boyesen engine covers! Painting the frame would be nice but that is way to time consuming.

Time consuming Tongue i would do it, thank good it is a two stroke and you can assemble it in no time. But anyway sweet bike man, good condition, is it a 06-07-08 ?
Motofinne
5/9/2015 9:17am
Time consuming :P i would do it, thank good it is a two stroke and you can assemble it in no time. But anyway sweet bike...
Time consuming Tongue i would do it, thank good it is a two stroke and you can assemble it in no time. But anyway sweet bike man, good condition, is it a 06-07-08 ?
Haha well it would take 1-2 days to get it done, i might do it in the winter :D It's a 08!
5/9/2015 9:23am
Motofinne wrote:
Haha well it would take 1-2 days to get it done, i might do it in the winter :D It's a 08!
Yeah when you not riding the thing. I would do it, I looking for a beauty like yours hard to get a good rm 250. Going to make a full on RC replica and i mean full on with his engine spec etc will even cut the subframe lol. The only thing i wont get be able to get is the tranny and those unobtanium forks / shocks & hubs. , but it will be a beast. Its my personal favorite bike of all time.
Motofinne
5/9/2015 9:29am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 9:29am
Yeah when you not riding the thing. I would do it, I looking for a beauty like yours hard to get a good rm 250. Going...
Yeah when you not riding the thing. I would do it, I looking for a beauty like yours hard to get a good rm 250. Going to make a full on RC replica and i mean full on with his engine spec etc will even cut the subframe lol. The only thing i wont get be able to get is the tranny and those unobtanium forks / shocks & hubs. , but it will be a beast. Its my personal favorite bike of all time.
Sounds really cool, make sure you start a thread on Vital when the project starts!

I actually bought the RM about 6 months ago and it was in bad shape... The suspension was horrible(stock oil and everything), no graphics, all the bearings was junk, dented stock pipe, the stock wheels and hubs were junk and the seat was beaten up :D

It sure was fun to restore it!
5/9/2015 10:33am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 10:36am
Motofinne wrote:
Sounds really cool, make sure you start a thread on Vital when the project starts! I actually bought the RM about 6 months ago and it...
Sounds really cool, make sure you start a thread on Vital when the project starts!

I actually bought the RM about 6 months ago and it was in bad shape... The suspension was horrible(stock oil and everything), no graphics, all the bearings was junk, dented stock pipe, the stock wheels and hubs were junk and the seat was beaten up :D

It sure was fun to restore it!
i will. lol stock oil, wtf did he abuse the bike ? well nice that you got her back in shape. They deserve to be treated with respect. I find the last remaining two stroke bikes like a piece of art. I am still pissed at AMA for f*cking things up with the displacements. four stroke in all its glory but you cant beat the sound of a perfectly tuned two stroke.

Motofinne
5/9/2015 10:36am
i will. lol stock oil, wtf did he abuse the bike ? well nice that you got her back in shape. They deserve to be treated...
i will. lol stock oil, wtf did he abuse the bike ? well nice that you got her back in shape. They deserve to be treated with respect. I find the last remaining two stroke bikes like a piece of art. I am still pissed at AMA for f*cking things up with the displacements. four stroke in all its glory but you cant beat the sound of a perfectly tuned two stroke.

Well i have to give it up to Youthstream. EMX125 and EMX300 are really awesome to watch!
JM485
5/9/2015 12:37pm
Well, I finally finished my 06 build this morning! I'll post my own thread with more details one my friend/photographer emails the good pictures to me, but here's a sneak peak. Can't wait to ride this thing tomorrow!

HackMan162
5/9/2015 4:22pm
Motofinne wrote:
A better pic of the RM. The only thing i would like to add to the bike is Boyesen engine covers! Painting the frame would be...

Nice looking bike. I've never been fond of yellow seats, but this looks great. Why do you have your front brake routed outside the fork though?
NorcalVet
5/9/2015 5:06pm
JM485 wrote:
Well, I finally finished my 06 build this morning! I'll post my own thread with more details one my friend/photographer emails the good pictures to me...
Well, I finally finished my 06 build this morning! I'll post my own thread with more details one my friend/photographer emails the good pictures to me, but here's a sneak peak. Can't wait to ride this thing tomorrow!

.... nice. Looks like Scott @ MSW did some work. He hooked up mine, and just refreshed everything on my RMZ also !!
just finished mine a month ago or so.... but still too crazy at work to hit the tracks for almost 2 months Angry

--- just ordered some OS rotors..... Cool
JM485
5/9/2015 8:20pm
JM485 wrote:
Well, I finally finished my 06 build this morning! I'll post my own thread with more details one my friend/photographer emails the good pictures to me...

NorcalVet wrote:
.... nice. Looks like Scott @ MSW did some work. He hooked up mine, and just refreshed everything on my RMZ also !! just finished mine...
.... nice. Looks like Scott @ MSW did some work. He hooked up mine, and just refreshed everything on my RMZ also !!
just finished mine a month ago or so.... but still too crazy at work to hit the tracks for almost 2 months Angry

--- just ordered some OS rotors..... Cool
Looks like we have a similar style, great looking bike!Wink I'll have a ride report after tomorrow and I'll post up a separate thread, just going down the road to do the break in I liked the feell of the new rotor, but I'll have a better idea after some ride time.
urbanlift707
5/9/2015 9:19pm
I finally sacked up for this double today on my 250! I've hit it a couple times on the 450 but never knew if the 250 had enough grunt to get the job done.
urbanlift707
5/9/2015 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 9:24pm
Here is a shot of the rm as well. Any of you Norcal guys going to race Hangtown Am day? They have a two stroke class, I might drive down to burn some premix and check out the track.

Motofinne
5/10/2015 12:51am
HackMan162 wrote:
Nice looking bike. I've never been fond of yellow seats, but this looks great. Why do you have your front brake routed outside the fork though?
Thanks! I had to put it together so fast that i routed it that way, it's routed the right way now!
5/10/2015 3:53am
I finally sacked up for this double today on my 250! I've hit it a couple times on the 450 but never knew if the 250...
I finally sacked up for this double today on my 250! I've hit it a couple times on the 450 but never knew if the 250 had enough grunt to get the job done.
"Sacked up" is a good choice of words. Nice Cool
Crush
5/10/2015 4:47am
Really are some lovely Zooks in here gents, well done!
urbanlift707
5/10/2015 8:16am
is she a stocker? Sweet jump btw dude!
No motor work that I'm aware of, just a pipe and vforce. I picked it up off lighting here on motodrive, it pulls hard, when I battle my friends on 450's I dont feel like I loose much ground.
5/10/2015 9:06am
No motor work that I'm aware of, just a pipe and vforce. I picked it up off lighting here on motodrive, it pulls hard, when I...
No motor work that I'm aware of, just a pipe and vforce. I picked it up off lighting here on motodrive, it pulls hard, when I battle my friends on 450's I dont feel like I loose much ground.
The 250 got some decent power, but the torque , but tbh when i watched the clip, the gap looks like something your 250 rm could handle with ease, and with some motorwork she prolly would scream even harder. I love it! Did you hit fourth gear bottom on that take of?

Imagine carmichaels last factory two stroker how crisp she would be!

urbanlift707
5/10/2015 9:14am
The 250 got some decent power, but the torque , but tbh when i watched the clip, the gap looks like something your 250 rm could...
The 250 got some decent power, but the torque , but tbh when i watched the clip, the gap looks like something your 250 rm could handle with ease, and with some motorwork she prolly would scream even harder. I love it! Did you hit fourth gear bottom on that take of?

Imagine carmichaels last factory two stroker how crisp she would be!

It was just third as hard as I could go. I cleared it no problem every time. The bike was my "excuse" if I couldn't pull the trigger though
5/10/2015 9:37am
It was just third as hard as I could go. I cleared it no problem every time. The bike was my "excuse" if I couldn't pull...
It was just third as hard as I could go. I cleared it no problem every time. The bike was my "excuse" if I couldn't pull the trigger though
Ah nice! Well it was badass you should do it again and use another angle on the camera.

Post a reply to: How many members own an RM250?

The Latest