How many guys rode moto at your high school?

yzken250x
3/1/2019 2:28pm
At one time when I was in high school all these guys were there. Mike Kiedrowski, Mouse McCoy, Bobby Moore, Willie Surratt and Eric Halgath. Halgath was an expert desert racer who won Barstow to Vegas on a 125. Shane Trittler went to our rival high school not to far away.
Five2Five
3/1/2019 2:31pm
Only 1 high school in my county, graduated in 14 with about 130. 3 of us did Hare scrambles, knew some people in different grad classes that rode. Was fun riding old strip mines with em.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/1/2019 2:36pm
yzken250x wrote:
At one time when I was in high school all these guys were there. Mike Kiedrowski, Mouse McCoy, Bobby Moore, Willie Surratt and Eric Halgath. Halgath...
At one time when I was in high school all these guys were there. Mike Kiedrowski, Mouse McCoy, Bobby Moore, Willie Surratt and Eric Halgath. Halgath was an expert desert racer who won Barstow to Vegas on a 125. Shane Trittler went to our rival high school not to far away.
You must be from Santa Clarita
3/1/2019 3:41pm
Pretty sure I was the only kid who actually rode moto in high school the 4 years I was there. But that’s only if you exclude the farm boys who wore Fox shirts & Alpinestars hats because they rode Honda Rancher utility quads

The Shop

philG
3/1/2019 3:44pm
Dropbear wrote:
Only about 2 or 3 that really raced,

Lots of apparent champions that I never saw ride. Lol. Kids can be so full of shit.
Yeah, my daughter sent me a pic of a freestyle guy , who some kid at her school had shown her saying it was him.. she knew it wasnt, but wanted to blow him fully away before she said anything. So it was Nate Adams and i messaged her straight back, she says ' thats a a cool pic, where did you get your Nate Adams kit from'..
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/1/2019 3:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 4:02pm
There was at least 30-40 of us.
Several really fast ones too...
Bobby Moore
Mouse McCoy
Willy Surratt
Mike Kiedrowski
Eric Hallgath
Ronnie Densford

This was the race held on our campus, a couple years before I started there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnGTPtiMcZo&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

We had a BMX track on our campus of the Jr. High School down the street as well.

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
3/1/2019 3:47pm
Me and one other guy. Other red necks had bikes but they thrashed through mud and drag raced on the road
3/1/2019 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 3:47pm
Met my best friend on practice night. Turned out he was 5 lockers down and one grade ahead of me. Ended up being my best man in my wedding.

4 of us raced seriously. Handful of others would tell us how they would smoke us out back behind the school. 1200 kids in the school.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/1/2019 4:01pm
yzken250x wrote:
At one time when I was in high school all these guys were there. Mike Kiedrowski, Mouse McCoy, Bobby Moore, Willie Surratt and Eric Halgath. Halgath...
What years ?
I went to Canyon from 1981-1984

I’m still good friends with Bobby, haven’t talked to Eric or Willy in a couple years. Mouse is living in Ventura off the avenue, building cars. Mike Kiedrowski lives close by, see him once in awhile. Mikes wife is a waitress at a place around the corner from me, very cool people !!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/1/2019 4:14pm
langhammx wrote:
There was at least 30-40 of us. Several really fast ones too... Bobby Moore Mouse McCoy Willy Surratt Mike Kiedrowski Eric Hallgath Ronnie Densford This was...
Bobby Moore
Mouse McCoy
Willy Surratt
Mike Kiedrowski
Eric Hallgath
Ronnie Densford

We had a BMX track on our campus of the Jr. High School down the street as well.

Sierra Vista had a bmx track??
3/1/2019 4:18pm
We didn't have motocross "at the school", but there were a ton of people that rode. This was early 90's, rural Ohio.
mxmom79
3/1/2019 6:29pm
I went to high school with Trevor Bollinger (a GNCC rider)
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/1/2019 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 8:04pm
langhammx wrote:
There was at least 30-40 of us. Several really fast ones too... Bobby Moore Mouse McCoy Willy Surratt Mike Kiedrowski Eric Hallgath Ronnie Densford This was...
Bobby Moore
Mouse McCoy
Willy Surratt
Mike Kiedrowski
Eric Hallgath
Ronnie Densford

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yup
It was built on the north/ east corner of the property, along Whites Cyn. (Where the YMCA is now)
I won the race in 7th grade and broke my Gary Little John forks, while leading the main in 8th grade.
The showdown between Arroyo Seco, Placerita and Sierra Vista was held at Arroyo Seco. There was a vote for the best track, by all of us who raced it. All three schools had their own track built, which was a one race deal, then they tore them down.

I wish the HS Motocross race could’ve continued a few more years, that would’ve been some good fun ! Did you watch that video I posted of the race at Canyon ?
MotoMo165
3/1/2019 8:23pm
At my HS out of roughly 1800 kids including myself there was 5 of us. Some others too but they didn’t really ride. I graduated back in 2013
3/2/2019 7:12am
BIGRIGGIN wrote:
Fortnite FUCKED up Motocross, BMX, Dirt Jump Building and Skateboarding in one fell swoop. As a parent I have witnessed it.
Well, the top pro Fortnite guys do make a lot more money than the top pro MX/BMX/DirtJump/Skateboard guys
3/2/2019 7:48am
A lot of us rode the trails right behind our jr/sr high school but no one I know of raced at the time . I did however miss the first 3 weeks of jr high after rupturing my spleen the last week of summer from an endo behind the school. We had some cool jumps back there (for the 1970s/1980s). Some landed in the school parking lot on asphalt where sometimes the cops would be waiting. Lol. Good times.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/2/2019 9:43am
BIGRIGGIN wrote:
Fortnite FUCKED up Motocross, BMX, Dirt Jump Building and Skateboarding in one fell swoop. As a parent I have witnessed it.
Well, the top pro Fortnite guys do make a lot more money than the top pro MX/BMX/DirtJump/Skateboard guys
I Really dont think its Fortnight or video games , i think that has very little effect on MX declining, do people really think thats why ?
Spudnut
3/2/2019 10:04am
4 or 5 but they all acted wayyyy cooler than me cuz I went to middle school in a different town and didn’t rock sick flat bills and lowered s-10 pickups bro ?
yzken250x
3/2/2019 10:21am
langhammx wrote:
Bobby Moore
Mouse McCoy
Willy Surratt
Mike Kiedrowski
Eric Hallgath
Ronnie Densford

Yup, Sierra Vista Jr high would build a bmx track and hold a race for students.
yzken250x
3/2/2019 10:24am
yzken250x wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yup, I graduated from Canyon in 87’
yzken250x
3/2/2019 10:28am
yzken250x wrote:
langhammx wrote:
What years ? I went to Canyon from 1981-1984 I’m still good friends with Bobby, haven’t talked to Eric or Willy in a couple years. Mouse...
What years ?
I went to Canyon from 1981-1984

I’m still good friends with Bobby, haven’t talked to Eric or Willy in a couple years. Mouse is living in Ventura off the avenue, building cars. Mike Kiedrowski lives close by, see him once in awhile. Mikes wife is a waitress at a place around the corner from me, very cool people !!
I graduated in 87. I talked to Willie last year at Anaheim 1 and I also talked to Kiedrowski then too. Me and Kiedrowski were good friends in high school. We sat next to each other in economics class. His girlfriend would give us the answers to our tests so we could cheat. Haha. Is your name Shawn Langham?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/2/2019 10:40am
langhammx wrote:
Bobby Moore
Mouse McCoy
Willy Surratt
Mike Kiedrowski
Eric Hallgath
Ronnie Densford

mattyhamz2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Yup It was built on the north/ east corner of the property, along Whites Cyn. (Where the YMCA is now) I won the race in 7th...
Yup
It was built on the north/ east corner of the property, along Whites Cyn. (Where the YMCA is now)
I won the race in 7th grade and broke my Gary Little John forks, while leading the main in 8th grade.
The showdown between Arroyo Seco, Placerita and Sierra Vista was held at Arroyo Seco. There was a vote for the best track, by all of us who raced it. All three schools had their own track built, which was a one race deal, then they tore them down.

I wish the HS Motocross race could’ve continued a few more years, that would’ve been some good fun ! Did you watch that video I posted of the race at Canyon ?
That’s pretty cool. Makes me feel like I got screwed though haha!

Someone actually sent that video to me a few years ago. I went to Canyon from 04-06 before transferring to West Ranch. I was so pissed to find out about Canyon having a motocross club at one point. We missed out on all the cool stuff ?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/2/2019 10:42am
yzken250x wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
yzken250x wrote:
Shane must have gone to Hart, didn’t he? Lol. It’s pretty cool seeing how many people on here are from our little valley
b_kowalsk
3/2/2019 10:44am
Tarz483 wrote:
I Really dont think its Fortnight or video games , i think that has very little effect on MX declining, do people really think thats why...
I Really dont think its Fortnight or video games , i think that has very little effect on MX declining, do people really think thats why ?
I think it has something to do with it, not everything but without video games more kids would be looking for other things for entertainment/fun. Whether that be skateboarding, bmx, or dirtbiking...
plowboy
3/2/2019 10:47am
Only 3 of us in a class of over 400...that I knew of. Mike Patrick was my good bud and he was sponsored by the Kawi shop in Tulsa. He raced the 250 and open support classes in high school late '70's. We got to meet/hang with Marty Smith...which made us cool by proxy...lol.
yzken250x
3/2/2019 10:49am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
yzken250x wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Shane must have gone to Hart, didn’t he? Lol. It’s pretty cool seeing how many people on here are from our little valley
No he went to Saugus. Did you ever ride up Vasquez Canyon? I lived off Vasquez Cyn
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/2/2019 11:20am
yzken250x wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
yzken250x wrote:
No he went to Saugus. Did you ever ride up Vasquez Canyon? I lived off Vasquez Cyn
We had a friend with property in Vasquez with a track and we redid it back in 2014. Unfortunately we didn’t get to ride it or finish the jumps and now I believe it sold. I have a few friends that ride back there every now and then and they just built some new jumps back there.
yzken250x
3/2/2019 11:52am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
yzken250x wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
We had a friend with property in Vasquez with a track and we redid it back in 2014. Unfortunately we didn’t get to ride it or...
We had a friend with property in Vasquez with a track and we redid it back in 2014. Unfortunately we didn’t get to ride it or finish the jumps and now I believe it sold. I have a few friends that ride back there every now and then and they just built some new jumps back there.
I grew up living on Vazquez Cyn since I was 5 until I was 18. I’m 49 now. We used to ride all over the place there. There were probably 8 different tracks back there. Good times
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/2/2019 4:08pm
yzken250x wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
We had a friend with property in Vasquez with a track and we redid it back in 2014. Unfortunately we didn’t get to ride it or...
yzken250x wrote:
I grew up living on Vazquez Cyn since I was 5 until I was 18. I’m 49 now. We used to ride all over the place...
I grew up living on Vazquez Cyn since I was 5 until I was 18. I’m 49 now. We used to ride all over the place there. There were probably 8 different tracks back there. Good times
I kinda grew up on Vasquez cyn too. I spent a lot of time at JR Wilson’s (R.I.P.) house, Danielle Aaron’s and mostly Stagg Summers/ Brett Cavanaugh’s. Spent several summers at Stagg’s house, We use to ride all the tracks behind the houses there. I ride my dual sport thru there every now and then, tracks are still there. Damon Huffman used to ride there a lot, along with Kiedrowski. it’s right down the street from me.

Yes... Shaun Langham
yzken250x
3/2/2019 4:40pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
yzken250x wrote:
I grew up living on Vazquez Cyn since I was 5 until I was 18. I’m 49 now. We used to ride all over the place...
langhammx wrote:
I kinda grew up on Vasquez cyn too. I spent a lot of time at JR Wilson’s (R.I.P.) house, Danielle Aaron’s and mostly Stagg Summers/ Brett...
I kinda grew up on Vasquez cyn too. I spent a lot of time at JR Wilson’s (R.I.P.) house, Danielle Aaron’s and mostly Stagg Summers/ Brett Cavanaugh’s. Spent several summers at Stagg’s house, We use to ride all the tracks behind the houses there. I ride my dual sport thru there every now and then, tracks are still there. Damon Huffman used to ride there a lot, along with Kiedrowski. it’s right down the street from me.

Yes... Shaun Langham
I know you. Brian Wilson was my best friend in high school. JRs little brother. I had drafting class with you at Canyon. I was the beaver brother. I’m Ken and I have a twin brother named Jim. I rode bikes with you and Stagg before. You used to do a 360 off jumps that blew my mind. You were a senior when I was a freshman. You used to help me get going in drafting class. The Wilsons house was so sick back then with the game room upstairs and the train caboose in their yard. I used to ride all over Vazquez. I used to watch Larry Brooks ride back there all the time. I watched Bobby Moore get a ticket from the Sheriff helicopter one day back there.

Post a reply to: How many guys rode moto at your high school?

The Latest