How many guys rode moto at your high school?

BIGRIGGIN
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 12:50pm
I drove by a high school last week and I counted 4 trucks that had bikes loaded in the parking lot. Dam, when I was going to school you could count the number of riders on one hand and we had 1200 kids at our school. This was mid 80's granted. Ocscottie was the fastest kid by far...
|
5/5/2012 6:24pm
I am currently a senior at my highschool and there is only about 5 people total that actually participate in motocross. There are some more but i dont consider them motocross riders because they barely know what kind of bike they freakin ride.
dboivin
5/5/2012 6:27pm
was 2 of us. only 500 students tho. 1988. Smile
ocscottie
5/5/2012 6:33pm
BIGRIGGIN wrote:
I drove by a high school last week and I counted 4 trucks that had bikes loaded in the parking lot. Dam, when I was going...
I drove by a high school last week and I counted 4 trucks that had bikes loaded in the parking lot. Dam, when I was going to school you could count the number of riders on one hand and we had 1200 kids at our school. This was mid 80's granted. Ocscottie was the fastest kid by far...
HAR! Craiger, remember Brent Rapport? He was such a spoiled cocky little rich snob in Jr High at RedWood, he came up to me and said, "i heard you think you are fast and can ride and motorcycle? bet i could smoke you" i asked what kind of bike he had, it was like a 78 Yamaha GT80 LMAO!!

I just laughed Laughing

The Shop

ocscottie
5/5/2012 6:35pm
OH but hey! at least you got a picture in our Sr Highschool yearbook on your KX80 Cool
Digger437
5/5/2012 6:38pm
I was the only one at my catholic high school who raced and as you can imagine, they thought I was part of "hells angels" haha
5/5/2012 6:38pm
myself and one other kid i went to middle and high school with. unless you count
kyle but he was always two grades ahead so we werent in the same school long.
5/5/2012 6:41pm
I remember this one kid tried to tell me his 2007 crf250 was fuel injected and produced over 50hp. I just told him thats sweet cause i didnt want to explain to him that his bike was carburated and only produced around 35hp. The funny thing was he showed up to my local track one day while me and my friend were riding and he had a crf250x trailbike and not a crf250. I must say though that kid was insanely fast on a motocross track.(sarcasm alert)
spd721
5/5/2012 6:51pm
I don't even think 5 kids rode at the high school I went too.
umagumadog
5/5/2012 6:54pm
There was a time when some high schools actually had motocross teams.
Just_Wishing
5/5/2012 7:07pm
1988 - 1991 Mt. Carmel High, Rancho Penesquitos, CA.

I remember a few of us rode and raced, mainly myself, my buddy Chris, and Art Higgins moved to our school I think his senior year. He used to come to school in his van with his bike loaded inside the van. Chris and I used to ditch class and go riding in the canyons nearby.

We all raced at Barano Oaks. Art and Mike Craig got into a jumping contest over two table-tops one Saturday during practice. Of course, Mike won that contest with some sic nose touches to the front fender!!

Maybe there were a total of 10 of us that rode or raced back then...

North County Inland had all kinds of riding area's back then!!
fader418
5/5/2012 7:10pm
There was 4 of us who raced in high school. Me my brother, Mike Young and Jamie Wells. We would all ride together during the week and race all the CMC races. MIke and Jamie both got paralyzed at Glen Helen. Sucks....
5/5/2012 7:24pm
In my highschool it was only my brother and I. And now at my college i only know of one other.

There were quite a few people with utility quads and small trail bikes that they rode a few times a year though.
DownSouth
5/5/2012 7:29pm
In my high school of probably 1500 there were kids that had dirt bikes but I did know of any one else who actually raced besides myself.
scooter5002
5/5/2012 8:04pm
I've been out of high school 30+ years. A shitload of us rode moto back then though. However, only ONE can lay claim to riding THROUGH the high school.
Totally pre-arranged, of course. The biggest rebel to ever hit THAT school owned a 79 RM250. Rode up the steps to a door held open by a friend, hauled ass down the straight hallway and out the other end, through, amazingly enough, ANOTHER door held open by a buddy. Middle of the afternoon classes, all classroom doors closed by policy. Out of the building and gone before any teacher saw who it was. Don't think HE wasn't the man for a while! Paled in comparison to some of the other shit he did over the years. Still alive today, too. Amazingly enough.
BIGRIGGIN
5/5/2012 8:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
OH but hey! at least you got a picture in our Sr Highschool yearbook on your KX80 Cool
Remember when rob humphries rode burks YZ80 off that cliff at christers? I think you watched me go over the bars and slide Down that steep hard pack hill sliding on crispy's old hand me down hep flak jak. Good times scott
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/5/2012 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 8:18pm
In middle school it seemed like half my school rode dirt bikes or three wheelers in Boca Raton Florida, early 80's. If your parents could not get you to the races someone elses parents would. Our local track, Lockhart stadium had the regulars weekly, Ferry, Dean Baker, The Gardeners... I went to a big high school just two hours away and not one kid had a bike until one day in 10th grade i saw these two new brothers in the lunch line wearing kawasaki jersey's. I walked up and asked if they rode or were just wearing those shirts. They said they both had 87 kx125's which was the same bike i had. We met at a spot i had been riding and one of the brothers and I have been best friends and riding/ racing ever since. He will drop everything to ride even more than me but has not followed pro racing at all in years which stinks because there is no one to really talk moto to except here. lol
BIGRIGGIN
5/5/2012 8:15pm
Of course the most classic high school moment for us, which I think you also witnessed Scottie, was shaggy poaching our senior year group photo on his 85 xl350. straight out of a movie scene it was so good. You see our buddy got the boot like a week before graduation so retaliated with some nice donuts in front of the whole graduating class all while giving our principal the finger. This lead into an epic police chase up into the nearby hills. One of the funniest things i saw in high school. I still hang and ride with shaggy.
Cheers
Chill
DownSouth
5/5/2012 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 8:27pm
FLmxer wrote:
In middle school it seemed like half my school rode dirt bikes or three wheelers in Boca Raton Florida, early 80's. If your parents could not...
In middle school it seemed like half my school rode dirt bikes or three wheelers in Boca Raton Florida, early 80's. If your parents could not get you to the races someone elses parents would. Our local track, Lockhart stadium had the regulars weekly, Ferry, Dean Baker, The Gardeners... I went to a big high school just two hours away and not one kid had a bike until one day in 10th grade i saw these two new brothers in the lunch line wearing kawasaki jersey's. I walked up and asked if they rode or were just wearing those shirts. They said they both had 87 kx125's which was the same bike i had. We met at a spot i had been riding and one of the brothers and I have been best friends and riding/ racing ever since. He will drop everything to ride even more than me but has not followed pro racing at all in years which stinks because there is no one to really talk moto to except here. lol
I used to race Lockhart on saturday nights on my YZ80 in 1986-87. They used to do a single gate drop of 80 A & B combined (I was B ) and sadly I got lapped a few times by Ferry. Todd Gardner was always a good bet to win the money class.
ocscottie
5/5/2012 8:50pm
BIGRIGGIN wrote:
Of course the most classic high school moment for us, which I think you also witnessed Scottie, was shaggy poaching our senior year group photo on...
Of course the most classic high school moment for us, which I think you also witnessed Scottie, was shaggy poaching our senior year group photo on his 85 xl350. straight out of a movie scene it was so good. You see our buddy got the boot like a week before graduation so retaliated with some nice donuts in front of the whole graduating class all while giving our principal the finger. This lead into an epic police chase up into the nearby hills. One of the funniest things i saw in high school. I still hang and ride with shaggy.
Cheers
Chill
EPIC!! dude remember the moped track by Trevors house? or how about the track we made up at the park by Kim Squires house? and we HAMMERED her moped, cant believe it survived lol

Good times Craiger, good times!! Cool
moto282
5/5/2012 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 9:06pm
Tons of guys rode at my school... was more popular than stick and ball sports. Yearbooks from elementary school onward had photos of guys on dirt bikes lol. Maybe just because it's socal though...
Top End
5/5/2012 9:45pm
BIGRIGGIN wrote:
Of course the most classic high school moment for us, which I think you also witnessed Scottie, was shaggy poaching our senior year group photo on...
Cheers
Chill
ocscottie wrote:
EPIC!! dude remember the moped track by Trevors house? or how about the track we made up at the park by Kim Squires house? and we...
EPIC!! dude remember the moped track by Trevors house? or how about the track we made up at the park by Kim Squires house? and we HAMMERED her moped, cant believe it survived lol

Good times Craiger, good times!! Cool
Good times MADDOG & OC!

Shaggy ditched that bike at my parents house and walked home. Cops saw him and questioned him, he said he was doing yard work for my mom. He ran home and called my mom just as the cops pulled up the driveway. My mom covered for him then they went to Jacks house. Jack said the cops had nothing nice to say about my mom. They new what was going on but couldn't cuff anyone.

I must have done thousands of laps on Trevors moped track. My two speed Puch tore that place up.

I had some good times night racing at Baylands after school. I wish all of us would have had the opportunity to race together.
ocscottie
5/5/2012 11:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 11:43pm
Top End wrote:
Good times MADDOG & OC! Shaggy ditched that bike at my parents house and walked home. Cops saw him and questioned him, he said he was...
Good times MADDOG & OC!

Shaggy ditched that bike at my parents house and walked home. Cops saw him and questioned him, he said he was doing yard work for my mom. He ran home and called my mom just as the cops pulled up the driveway. My mom covered for him then they went to Jacks house. Jack said the cops had nothing nice to say about my mom. They new what was going on but couldn't cuff anyone.

I must have done thousands of laps on Trevors moped track. My two speed Puch tore that place up.

I had some good times night racing at Baylands after school. I wish all of us would have had the opportunity to race together.
Bunch of us used to load in my van with a bottle of SoCo and a big sack, sneak a few of them in under the bed and party watching the races lol Me, Vinnie, Campion and Rob Humphries, and a few other i cant really remember, good times.

first raced there wayyy back on 60's. Lotta good times there over the years.

Here is a nice little Baylands holeshot, 1983, this is just out the 2nd corner.

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
5/5/2012 11:39pm
2 at my private school. About 10 from the public school in my neighborhood and about 50 from North Dallas, Richardson and Plano including quite a few still doing it. And some were/are very, very fast.
wildbill
5/5/2012 11:45pm
depended on if our bikes were running.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/6/2012 1:46am
We had a high school motocross league, a motocross team, and motocross P.E.
LtColMXUSM131
Fantasy
270th
5/6/2012 4:38am
4 of us.
One guy tried to make it to the "Big time". Scott Davis races a few 125 SX's the golden state nationals and Ponca City 84-86.
He and Danny Bonham became "local pros"
I was just an AM squid
jleews6
5/6/2012 5:48am
In the early 80s at my school I was the only moto rider. There were a bunch of back yard riders though.

Post a reply to: How many guys rode moto at your high school?

The Latest