How many drug failures will it take?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2018 10:20 AM

For the powers that be to scrap drug testing?

They will scrap drug testing when....

View Results

|

6/8/2018 10:27 AM

much ty

|

6/8/2018 10:57 AM

This assumes that failed drug tests are going to be viewed as a reason to stop drug testing rather than as a reason to keep drug testing (evidence that the sport needs to be cleaned up). Probably a mistaken assumption.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

6/8/2018 11:12 AM

Not gonna happen

|

6/8/2018 11:17 AM

Better off doing it before lots of failures, couldn’t really put it forward as a legitimate sport if you have to cancel drug testing because to many are getting caught.

Is there no way of using WADA/USADA for the testing but have the sentencing down to the governing body?

|

6/8/2018 11:31 AM

I know at most places of employment we are drug screened. Fail a test and your fired pretty simple. So why would the do away with them in any sports?

|

6/8/2018 11:36 AM

Drug tests are a necessary part of making sure nobody has an unfair advantage. Think of them like a tech inspection for the body.

What I don't like is that there seems to be no oversight of the company in control and no thought given to the potential for abuse of power. This is on top of the obvious: that the penalties seem to be geared toward a 4-year competition cycle and not a weekly one.

The Motocross and Supercross sanctioning bodies need to review/change the penalty structure for a positive drug test, at least.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/8/2018 12:06 PM

I’m not saying they are wrong......I’m just wondering how much pressure would it take for them to cave in?

|

6/8/2018 12:09 PM

How many drug failures will it take before riders quit using banned substances is the real question.cool

|

Ed Johnson

6/8/2018 12:10 PM

MPJC wrote:

This assumes that failed drug tests are going to be viewed as a reason to stop drug testing rather than as a reason to keep ...more

That is correct. Road Cycling has been plagued by doping cases (probably more than any other sport), with all the biggest names been tainted by it at some stage in their careers. I mean, it has been an issue since the first Tour de France, the idiots took small amounts of strychnine (yeah, rat poison) to enhance performance.

MPJC is on point here. If positive results trim the field it will be seen as an argument to enforce stricter anti-dpoing not the other way around.

|

6/8/2018 12:12 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Well anyone that voted for option one is wrong... Last i checked 3 (JS7, Tickle, Clason) is less then 5

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

6/8/2018 12:32 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

billyp330 wrote:

Well anyone that voted for option one is wrong... Last i checked 3 (JS7, Tickle, Clason) is less then 5

Well they still have 2 more

|

6/8/2018 12:33 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

were you saying 5 at the same time? or 5 total in history?

|

6/8/2018 12:44 PM

billyp330 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:

Since there are 2 more, he must be saying total in history. But since 3 is less than 5, the condition is already met, and the testing has not been scrapped. So option 1 is simply not the right option to be offering.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

6/8/2018 1:56 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:

MPJC wrote:

Since there are 2 more, he must be saying total in history. But since 3 is less than 5, the condition is already met, and the ...more

Well at least two people on vital passed math class in 6th grade

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

6/8/2018 1:59 PM

I didn’t check either box because it’s not gonna happen. That would be going backwards and no promoter would do that

|

6/8/2018 2:04 PM

IMO. We need strict drug testing. We don't need an organization that is not set up for our sport in terms of PROPER penalties etc. and is defunct in processing athletes that have failed.
|

6/8/2018 3:30 PM

Im all for drug testing....

....... when they test for REAL drugs. Not some oddball preworkout ingredient or adderall.

|

6/8/2018 8:10 PM

The masses have spoken...you have to cheat to win. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Cheating isn't even a real word. Losers just don't know how to cheat. Rules are for snowflakes. Why do they even have classes...you should be able to ride any cc in any race. (Sarcasm alert ).

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/8/2018 9:14 PM

How about a spreadsheet of when the riders were tested? when was the winners tested? musquin, anderson, brayton, tomac?

|