How many bikes got stolen this week!?

JM485
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 12:01pm
Seriously? It seemed like every damn rider in the LCQ they mention had a bike stolen! Way to many times did I hear - "Here comes so and so, who had his practice bike stolen" and "and so and so is up to seventh, he also had a bike stolen this week". Were these bikes stolen from hotels or out of the pits overnight? If this happened at the stadium there is no excuse for that, to not provide these guys with a little bit of security is just rediculous. Hopefully someone has a little bit of insight as to what happened.
|
GIwasB4
2/28/2015 10:27pm
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
GIwasB4
2/28/2015 10:48pm
Lock your stuff up. Your vitarded if you let your motorcycles or tools unlocked here.
Seriously, don't be so stupid.
bd
2/28/2015 10:49pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
Lock your stuff up. Your vitarded if you let your motorcycles or tools unlocked here.
It was at the ATL Supercross and happens EVERY year. Its shitty.... happens to many privateers
GIwasB4
2/28/2015 11:11pm
JM485 wrote:
Seriously? It seemed like every damn rider in the LCQ they mention had a bike stolen! Way to many times did I hear - "Here comes...
Seriously? It seemed like every damn rider in the LCQ they mention had a bike stolen! Way to many times did I hear - "Here comes so and so, who had his practice bike stolen" and "and so and so is up to seventh, he also had a bike stolen this week". Were these bikes stolen from hotels or out of the pits overnight? If this happened at the stadium there is no excuse for that, to not provide these guys with a little bit of security is just rediculous. Hopefully someone has a little bit of insight as to what happened.
Who cares really? Lock your shit up.

The Shop

2/28/2015 11:16pm
JM485 wrote:
Seriously? It seemed like every damn rider in the LCQ they mention had a bike stolen! Way to many times did I hear - "Here comes...
GIwasB4 wrote:
More care about the theft of motorcycles that your posts..

Maybe at a local meeting locking up is necessary, but at a professional event surely there should be some sort of security?
rutsmash
2/28/2015 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 11:53pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
Yes, the new norm, don't complain about it just expect stuff to get stolen...slippery slope in full effect here..we should not just ignore it and say lock your shit up dumb ass...the focus should still be on the POS that steals and make them the lowest crap on Earth and NOT act if theft is normal..?! The blame is on the POS..not the owner of whatever is stolen!!!!!
Crush
3/1/2015 12:19am
Pretty cyclical story when the Atlanta round comes up isn't it? Can't imagine hanging around all week made it better.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
3/1/2015 12:52am
Quality post! How many bikes have been found?
3/1/2015 3:14am
Marc_Honda wrote:
More care about the theft of motorcycles that your posts.. Maybe at a local meeting locking up is necessary, but at a professional event surely there...
More care about the theft of motorcycles that your posts..

Maybe at a local meeting locking up is necessary, but at a professional event surely there should be some sort of security?
Shouldn't be necessary anywhere. Douches should keep their hands off of others property.
DonM
3/1/2015 5:37am
It's Atlanta....they will steal anything and everything...this weekend was just a few bikes and a NASCAR race car....pretty slow weekend for ATL...Woohoo
KGAspeed
3/1/2015 6:27am
AJ Catazaro and his mechanic / buddy had their bikes stolen.

And to the genius above telling people to just lock their stuff up, I'm sure it was locked up. Thieves have tools to break those locks.
machine
3/1/2015 6:30am
Yep, do any of you realize what part of town the Georgia Dome is?..let' just say the wheelie boyz practice in that neighborhood.
mx965
3/1/2015 6:33am
"Lock your shit up" this aint the 80's dumbass. You dont think there shit was locked up? And even if it wasnt like said above its a fucking pro race where is the security?
Drtbykr
3/1/2015 6:44am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 6:46am
Reminds me of the Montreal SX, enter at your own risk. They did it the easy way there, take to truck and anything attached, shame. Had a bike stolen when I was young, sickening feeling. Was lucky to get it back a few days later.

Everyone knows locks stop "honest thieves".
Paw Paw 271
3/1/2015 6:52am
NASCAR was also in town this week and one of the race cars was also stolen. It seems to be a problem there.

Paw Paw
JRT812
3/1/2015 7:12am
Maybe it will be better at the new dome in 2017
Overdrive
3/1/2015 7:23am
GIwasB4 wrote:
I'm so sick of the word vitard, people who use it show how ignorant they are. Your post also show your ignorance. Im sure they all had their stuff locked up or their bike was in an area that was supposed to be secure.
hvaughn88
3/1/2015 7:24am
GIwasB4 wrote:
How's you headache this morning?
DPR250R
3/1/2015 7:27am
machine wrote:
Yep, do any of you realize what part of town the Georgia Dome is?..let' just say the wheelie boyz practice in that neighborhood.
How dare you imply that the wheelie boyz don't buy their own shit with paper route money.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
3/1/2015 7:37am
Anyone who blames owners for not locking their stuff is a shit head. I guarantee their stuff was locked. That doesn't stop these scumbags. There needs to be increased police presence in and around the area when these events come to town. Something isn't working as it is now. These events bring in a lot of money to the area, protect the people who are coming, or lose the event.
Jim Lahey
3/1/2015 7:45am
Lets all just skate around the elephant in the room here
mxb2
3/1/2015 8:01am
The real question is, were the bikes insured,?
3/1/2015 8:09am
Just need to set a few boobie trapped bikes out for bait!
Like load the gas tanks up with something really explosive and start eliminating some of the problems!
Or at the very least put some car air bags in the seat that go off and popcorn these assholes out onto the pavement when they get going over 50mph! It would serve em right!
bvm111
3/1/2015 8:10am
JM485 wrote:
GIwasB4 wrote:
Why do you have to be such an asshole about it... Seriously??!!
dcg141
3/1/2015 8:14am
Jim Lahey wrote:
Can't talk about it.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
3/1/2015 8:16am
I saw where all the privateer & vendor trucks, motorhomes & vans where. They were all packed in a fenced in area across the street (which was pretty far) from the rear of the dome & WCC where the pits are. They were all out there by themselves. I guess they got to drop everything off in the WCC to set up & then take their vehicles back out to the parking lot. If you've ever been to the dome or any stadium for that matter you would see the kind of people they have working there & for security. Its no different than the people that work the airport security check lines. $9 an hr people that are there to collect a pay check & give you attitude. They could give 2 shits about you or their job. It looked like 1 entrance to that lot, so I'm sure it had 1 security guard working the gate overnight. All their stuff has been sitting there for over a week & half the city knows it. Thats plenty of time for the wrong crowd figure out a plan, pay somebody to look the other way, etc. I'm sure the Atlanta PD didn't have a large detail posted up down there all week, especially since we've had 3 winter storms come through since last weekend.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
3/1/2015 8:22am
Jim Lahey wrote:
Strategy... Using the term "shithead" generally, keeps it from being a personal attack, therefore keeping me out of the dumbgeon. Laughing
Mr Bean
3/1/2015 8:40am
Quote - "...plenty of time for the wrong crowd figure out a plan, pay somebody to look the other way...".

It seems pretty obvious after all these years with the recurring security issues there (in all sorts of events, not just SX) that there are "scouts" working for security.

I believe it's referred to as "the fox watching the hen house".

Post a reply to: How many bikes got stolen this week!?

The Latest