How long will BAM BAM be BAM BAM in the big class?

firemedic301
10/23/2012 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2012 7:05am
Interesting comments from RV2 about Barcia and if he will be allowed to play BAM BAM in the big class or will he get punted on a regular basis by guys that will keep him in check??? Could be very interesting when the series gets going and points are on the line. Sorry if there was any other threads on this subject
|
50dippin
10/23/2012 10:02pm
I believe RV said that he won't get away with riding like he does in the 250 class
firemedic301
10/23/2012 10:03pm
Please post the RV comments.
I was speaking of the interview they did during the MEC when RV2 was taking about Barcia moving up to the 450's on the telecast.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
10/23/2012 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2012 10:06pm
Maybe Bam Bam will punt the big dogs and become the big dog. Real power is taken !

The Shop

willie838
10/23/2012 10:15pm
as long as he wants to.

rv's talk is just that at this point.

justin will ride how he has ridden to be successful- aggressive to a fault.

rv can puff his chest out but he's smart enough to not want to throw wins away by trying to park barcia and possibly taking himself out at the same time.
norcal3737
10/23/2012 10:20pm
willie838 wrote:
as long as he wants to. rv's talk is just that at this point. justin will ride how he has ridden to be successful- aggressive to...
as long as he wants to.

rv can puff his chest out but he's smart enough to not want to throw wins away by trying to park barcia and possibly taking himself out at the same time.
Fearo
10/24/2012 1:09am
I'm betting it will be a few races. Chad, RV, RD, James and Trey will give him a chance but that will be it. The only reason the top guys are not taking each other out is because they have mutual respect for each other. But make no doubt about it, everyone of those guys (except maybe Dungey) will lay little Bambam out if they have to.
jamma10
10/24/2012 1:14am
I bet Barcia runs it in on somebody else before someone does it to him, I don't think it matters either.
Crush
10/24/2012 1:57am
jamma10 wrote:
I bet Barcia runs it in on somebody else before someone does it to him, I don't think it matters either.
Yeah he'll throw first punch for sure... Guess it will just be who punches back...

RV doesn't mind a scuffle... he's put J-Law, Dunge, Grant, Alessi, JS and Reedy and about everyone else to the bale if he's needed it...
mmcmx
10/24/2012 2:33am
I bet Reed scrubs him in the face someday.
jndmx
10/24/2012 2:55am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2012 2:57am
I've got to tell you this is absolutely hilarious to me.
I have been following Justin's racing since he was on the 85's and it's always the same thing.

"He better not pull that crap on the big bikes or Joe Am-champ is going to punt him"

"He better not try that when he move to the pros or else Joe Lites-guy is going to teach him a lesson"

Justin is going to ride to win, always has and if that means a little banging so be it.

Some of the folks on here better stock up on kleenex........lol.
mmcmx
10/24/2012 3:12am
jndmx wrote:
I've got to tell you this is absolutely hilarious to me. I have been following Justin's racing since he was on the 85's and it's always...
I have been following Justin's racing since he was on the 85's and it's always the same thing.

"He better not pull that crap on the big bikes or Joe Am-champ is going to punt him"

"He better not try that when he move to the pros or else Joe Lites-guy is going to teach him a lesson"

Justin is going to ride to win, always has and if that means a little banging so be it.

I remember in Justins first year there was already a lot of drama about him taking out Davalos, etc. Then in one race Pourcel was coming through the pack and was behind Barcia, he knew he may go all bam bam on him and make him lose some valuable time so he just took him out. Unles he's actually faster, thats the treatment he will get, me thinks.
10/24/2012 3:13am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2012 3:16am
willie838 wrote:
as long as he wants to. rv's talk is just that at this point. justin will ride how he has ridden to be successful- aggressive to...
as long as he wants to.

I don't think either Ryan would ever look for it but ultimately any rider would simply have to retaliate/respond if someone rode that way against them. Inevitably there's going to be the usual drama and 10 page threads associated with a block pass turned take-out this year. And one can't help but think that at least some of that is going to involve a certain Mr Barcia Smile .

But fair play to him though, he brings a lot of excitement to the racing and has an amazing riding style. He's been impressive all year but I think doubly so since that last MXDN moto. I think he picked up a lot of confidence against Dungey there and then a bit more at the MEC. It's going to be a fascinating SX season if everyone can stay relatively healthy for once.
jndmx
10/24/2012 3:20am
jndmx wrote:
I've got to tell you this is absolutely hilarious to me. I have been following Justin's racing since he was on the 85's and it's always...

mmcmx wrote:
I remember in Justins first year there was already a lot of drama about him taking out Davalos, etc. Then in one race Pourcel was coming...
I remember in Justins first year there was already a lot of drama about him taking out Davalos, etc. Then in one race Pourcel was coming through the pack and was behind Barcia, he knew he may go all bam bam on him and make him lose some valuable time so he just took him out. Unles he's actually faster, thats the treatment he will get, me thinks.
True, some folks are going to have a little bump or bang for Justin along the way and that is fine with Justin, he likes the aggressive racing.
Check any interview with the guy, he never complains about that.

Thing is.......thre are only 5 or 6 guys that are going to be fast enough to run with him and do that.

Either way we are going to see some good racing.
mccread
10/24/2012 3:38am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2012 3:40am
up until RV goes Wham Bam on him.

a three way battle with RV JS and Barcia, could get very aggressive! 2013 is going to be aggressive in SX.
motomike137
10/24/2012 4:10am
This post is a joke, anybody who has watched Justin race this year can clearly see that he has dialed that crap down a notch and dialed his focus up a couple notches. But I do believe that if you start something with him you better brace yourself. He is not racing to make friends just like most of the greats.
WaitForIt
10/24/2012 6:08am
I was hoping someone would make a thread about this. I don't think Justin should change at all, he does what works for him. If RV can't handle a little block pass here and there then I'm not sure how he is where he is today. Seems to me the bigger boys have a lot more to say then Barcia does...
motogrady
10/24/2012 6:20am
Barcia's a breath of fresh air.
10/24/2012 6:25am
i dont think big ken was too impressed with barcia trying to 'bam bam' him at the des nations!!!

i think barcia has smoothed his style out alot lately (especially on the 450) so dont think he will be doing that sort of thing as much as he has in the past- pretty sure he will just get it back if he tries to take out dungey/ RV/reed etc (if he's anywhere near them in the first place)

i think with it being barcia's first year he wont be a title contender in supercross (probably have a few crashes but he might sneak a win or 2) - outdoors i dont think he will be on the pace of rv/dungey/reed right away. Hopefully canard will stay fit all year and show us what he's really capable of too! Be nice if pourcel got a ride in the US just to add another title contender to the mix
10/24/2012 6:32am
until he gets bam bammed back is my opinion - he is great to watch, i am a huge fan of him when he is riding fast and loose, he brings something exciting to the racing (much like everybody else i rush to say), but if he pulls any properly dirty shit i honestly reckon he will get punted back with deeper intentions, if it happens it will hopefully reign him in and nobody gets hurt - nobody is against a little aggressive riding we all know that much, but nobody wishes to race against kids who are going to fuck with their careers either.

We all saw Alessi and how desperate he was to respond to any behaviour, i think Mike was very well restrained and smart - Barcia has marked his own card and his choices will decide his recompense.

Bring on 2013 - it's gonna be a banger !
nealbo129
10/24/2012 7:09am
You think he will get Friese'd?? What if he gets a bad start and has to come through the pack? I can see him and Vince goin at it
dboivin
10/24/2012 7:12am
faster guy controls who gets punted. jb aint faster than RV so nothing to worry about.
BobbyM
10/24/2012 7:20am
barcia has already won the first round. rv has barcia in his head before the gate's even dropped. you only have so many worry tokens and rv looks like he spent one at the barcia five and dime. worse yet barcia knows where he spent that token.
bultokid
10/24/2012 7:29am
motogrady wrote:
Barcia's a breath of fresh air.
love the kid...old-school Eddie Shore style
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
10/24/2012 7:32am
50dippin wrote:
I believe RV said that he won't get away with riding like he does in the 250 class
RV does, why shouldn't Barcia?

Head games.
robkinuk
10/24/2012 7:33am
i dont think big ken was too impressed with barcia trying to 'bam bam' him at the des nations!!! i think barcia has smoothed his style...
i dont think big ken was too impressed with barcia trying to 'bam bam' him at the des nations!!!

i think barcia has smoothed his style out alot lately (especially on the 450) so dont think he will be doing that sort of thing as much as he has in the past- pretty sure he will just get it back if he tries to take out dungey/ RV/reed etc (if he's anywhere near them in the first place)

i think with it being barcia's first year he wont be a title contender in supercross (probably have a few crashes but he might sneak a win or 2) - outdoors i dont think he will be on the pace of rv/dungey/reed right away. Hopefully canard will stay fit all year and show us what he's really capable of too! Be nice if pourcel got a ride in the US just to add another title contender to the mix
Check out my photo's from MXDN Lommel, race 2. Bam Bam hit Ken and it was like he hit a brick wall, straight down as Big Ken nonchalanty glances back wondering what that was!

"Don't mess with the Euro's, or at least pick on someone your own size!"WinkTongueLaughing
Tongue
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
JG463
10/24/2012 7:33am

Post a reply to: How long will BAM BAM be BAM BAM in the big class?

The Latest