How is this picture / video even possible?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2017 1:53am
I was watching the race this weekend , and when they showed Ronnie Stewart's helmet cam video , it had me scratching my head. It shows the helmet at all different angle's , as if the camera was hovering like a foot above his head. For the life of me , I can't think of how that camera was mounted. It showed the complete helmet , and in the pic it's showing it from the top....where I thought it was mounted?? DizzyDizzyBlinkBlink

|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/3/2017 8:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I was watching the race this weekend , and when they showed Ronnie Stewart's helmet cam video , it had me scratching my head. It shows...
I was watching the race this weekend , and when they showed Ronnie Stewart's helmet cam video , it had me scratching my head. It shows the helmet at all different angle's , as if the camera was hovering like a foot above his head. For the life of me , I can't think of how that camera was mounted. It showed the complete helmet , and in the pic it's showing it from the top....where I thought it was mounted?? DizzyDizzyBlinkBlink

This Garmin uses two extremely wide, fisheye style lenses that capture 180 degrees around (vertically and horizontally) each lens (one front and one rear...then it processes them, stitches the images together and eliminates as much of the distortion as possible.
jeffro503
7/3/2017 10:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I was watching the race this weekend , and when they showed Ronnie Stewart's helmet cam video , it had me scratching my head. It shows...

ML512 wrote:
This Garmin uses two extremely wide, fisheye style lenses that capture 180 degrees around (vertically and horizontally) each lens (one front and one rear...then it processes...
This Garmin uses two extremely wide, fisheye style lenses that capture 180 degrees around (vertically and horizontally) each lens (one front and one rear...then it processes them, stitches the images together and eliminates as much of the distortion as possible.
Thank you! But where the heck is the camera mounted? I swear it showed the entire helmet , including the back ( that you can't see in the pic ). I must of re-wound that like 5 times saying " WTF? " The way i saw it on TV , you could almost swear it was just hovering over the top of the helmet about a foot or so. Was weird to see.

The Shop

Moto331
7/4/2017 12:43am
That 360 camera is the sickest thing ever. I always wondered why I never saw a GoPro flipped around facing backwards with how awesome that would look off the start
cwtoyota
7/4/2017 1:40am
Moto331 wrote:
That 360 camera is the sickest thing ever. I always wondered why I never saw a GoPro flipped around facing backwards with how awesome that would...
That 360 camera is the sickest thing ever. I always wondered why I never saw a GoPro flipped around facing backwards with how awesome that would look off the start
Assuming you got a holeshot... Facing backward, it would be pretty lame if you race the vet class on a 125 like me.
Rowlands
7/4/2017 1:52am
I really don't like these new Garmin onboards. To me it's just like riding a bike whilst drunk you can't really tell what's going on.

Does anybody understand them ?
Motofinne
7/4/2017 3:07am
Rowlands wrote:
I really don't like these new Garmin onboards. To me it's just like riding a bike whilst drunk you can't really tell what's going on. Does...
I really don't like these new Garmin onboards. To me it's just like riding a bike whilst drunk you can't really tell what's going on.

Does anybody understand them ?
This. I would never ever buy one for MX purpose. Same thing with the Fly 360 cam that Reed promoted last year.

Go Pro has also lost their minds when they upload their videos with a really crappy image stabilization.

Post a reply to: How is this picture / video even possible?

The Latest