How is this for a publicity stunt...

O___o
Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 8:38am
So there is a little list of somewhat deserving riders in the 450 class who could use some support. Guys like Pourcel, Hill, Wiemer, and Mookie who might find themselves doing nothing for 2015.

There are quite a few offseason races now, from the high profile ones like the MEC and Straight rhythm, to the smaller ones like Transworld Slam.

Seems to me, that Pro Circuit may (or may not) have a single 450 ride out there, some years. Yea, I know that was a Tickle thing, but he ended up doing it a year or two later for Rattray outdoors it seemed like.

Would it not be awesome to see 8 invited, un-sponsored pros duke it out in an Transworld Slam format (1 on 1 bracket race around milestone's SX track) for a 1 year SX deal with PC. Say, a modest salary, performance bonuses, and some bikes. Maybe a shady place to sit between heats. Would really add a different element that the standard cash prize. Could put together a TV package on one of the smaller networks like MAVTV. Would be very interesting to see a guy like Schmidt run one in there and end up with a PC ride.

I'd DVR the shit out of that on my living room cable box, how about you?

|
HazemG
9/25/2014 11:45am
Speaking on behalf of me, myself, and Irene, I would watch it.
JerseyFresh
9/25/2014 12:55pm
That would be pretty bad ass. The word I heard on Weimer is Kawi is gonna give him support on a squad with Nick Wey.
me_da_racer
9/25/2014 3:13pm
Why not a TV show like Ultimate Fighter. Would bring people to the sport. Come on MavTv

The Shop

mom241
9/25/2014 3:41pm
Hasn't there already been a show like this with LCS out of Texas?
9/25/2014 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2014 4:25pm
Why not a TV show like Ultimate Fighter. Would bring people to the sport. Come on MavTv
The day there is a reality TV show about MX/SX is the day I turn in my man card formerly renounce my status as a fan of the sport. In my humble opinion, this sport does not need those types of fans. What we need are people who will pack up, drive a few hours to attend a national, get dirty and sweaty and dump the roost out of their shoes at the end of the day.
kawboy388
9/25/2014 5:32pm
The day there is a reality TV show about MX/SX is the day I turn in my man card formerly renounce my status as a fan...
The day there is a reality TV show about MX/SX is the day I turn in my man card formerly renounce my status as a fan of the sport. In my humble opinion, this sport does not need those types of fans. What we need are people who will pack up, drive a few hours to attend a national, get dirty and sweaty and dump the roost out of their shoes at the end of the day.
Well turn it in,because as Trey's mom already posted,it has already happened. Reality of Speed aired from 04-06.
Xeno
9/25/2014 5:36pm
Ummmm... Pourcel and Weimer already had rides with Pro Circuit.
Kawaboy14
9/25/2014 7:05pm
They should just make them honorary Monster Girls..... They make more money than 80% of the pros at the races anyway
mmain62
9/26/2014 8:38am
The day there is a reality TV show about MX/SX is the day I turn in my man card formerly renounce my status as a fan...
Bubbas world?

Post a reply to: How is this for a publicity stunt...

The Latest