How is this "Supercross Futures" going to work?

Is it going to be a points paying series? Is Las Vegas an invite only? I have so many questions, lol.

"Supercross Futures, an AMA National Championship, will build upon the success of 2018’s four Supercross amateur racing events with Glendale being the first of eight beginning on January 13, 2019. The innovative concept will provide even greater access to the sport’s largest stage and help to foster a professional learning environment for budding amateur athletes earlier in their careers, while enabling top amateurs to earn Road to Supercross points toward their professional AMA Supercross license. Supercross Futures events will take place on Sunday directly following Saturday’s professional events with the championship being held October 20-21, 2019 after the Monster Energy Cup on October 19 in Las Vegas.
|
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
9/19/2018 8:16pm
Based on that it sounds like the individual races during the Supercross season will most likely act as qualifiers for the championship October 20-21
NorCal 50+
9/19/2018 8:19pm
This looks like it could be a cool deal but I have questions too. Sounds like they just fused the Road to Supercross with an amateur series.
I am wondering how they are going to run amateurs after the pro mains, especially as much as 450s are tearing up tracks now. And how are amateurs going to afford eight rounds in different cities?
chad_111
9/19/2018 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 8:32pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
This looks like it could be a cool deal but I have questions too. Sounds like they just fused the Road to Supercross with an amateur...
This looks like it could be a cool deal but I have questions too. Sounds like they just fused the Road to Supercross with an amateur series.
I am wondering how they are going to run amateurs after the pro mains, especially as much as 450s are tearing up tracks now. And how are amateurs going to afford eight rounds in different cities?
The amateurs are racing on sundays, the tracks are reworked and likely tamed down alot. And As chopper said, they will probably act as qualifiers to the las vegas round, so no need for them to travel to 8 rounds.

The Shop

motodad99
9/20/2018 7:13pm
That's a ton of traveling just hitting 4 of the proposed futures races.....
9/21/2018 3:09pm
motodad99 wrote:
That's a ton of traveling just hitting 4 of the proposed futures races.....
I think it's to give local kids a chance to race in a stadium. For the families that travel for amateur nationals, it's no big deal.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 3:24pm
Can someone explain how you can earn Road to SX points on a track so cut down and mellowed out that it almost completely removes the SX feel? At least AX was somewhat understandable...
9/22/2018 5:55am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Can someone explain how you can earn Road to SX points on a track so cut down and mellowed out that it almost completely removes the...
Can someone explain how you can earn Road to SX points on a track so cut down and mellowed out that it almost completely removes the SX feel? At least AX was somewhat understandable...
Maybe they won't make the tracks a easy this year.
lumpy790
9/22/2018 6:38am
How does a 3 year points scoring Ama pro get his SX credential?
12/9/2018 8:57pm
any updates.-- Trying to see what the track is going to be like.. I signed up for oakland vet class.

Who would know these things. I might be in over my head?
BT747
12/9/2018 10:17pm
There's a rule book pdf with all the info on the website. Top three each class to Vegas I think.
12/9/2018 10:21pm
BT747 wrote:
There's a rule book pdf with all the info on the website. Top three each class to Vegas I think.
gotha.. i was more interested in layout/ and how tame it was going to be,, being this is the first year of supercross futures??? a youtube link other then the how to sign up for superross futures would be great. that didn't tell me anything...

Ive been off the bike for 7 years.. getting ready every weekend.. I can put in 15 minutes of hard riding now.. just want to know if i'm going to be in for a big surprise when I line up.. ETC
12/10/2018 8:37am

Polkabla, Tara
8:31 AM (4 minutes ago)
to me

Hello Kevin.

This is indeed the first year of Supercross Futures. Last year we had 4 “test events” called Supercross Amateurs. I am sure there are youtube videos of that online. Please click on the link below to view the Supercross Futures informational video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f0uzcajrz449js/Supercross%20Futures%20Inform…

In regards to track layout, yes we will change the rack slightly from the nigh before. For example, you most likely will not see a SX triple and we will most likely convert that to a table-top. The whoops will most likely be rolled and most doubles will likely be converted to table-tops as well. You will most likely see sand sections and maybe a dragon’s back and a wall jump. Our goal is to make it a Supercross experience which is friendly to all ages and skill levels.

Thank you for reaching out to us. See you at the races!

Tara Polkabla

Project Manager

Feld Entertainment, Inc.

800 Feld Way, Palmetto FL 34221
703-749-5541 Direct

925-360-6011 Mobile
JustMX
12/10/2018 12:29pm
How will it work?

Send them a check, pay to park, risk getting everything stolen by bike thieves salivating at a couple hundred ams coming to town, get a couple laps of practice, run short races, get a plaque, qualify to go to Vegas and spend a bunch of money.

Any questions?
12/10/2018 12:45pm
JustMX wrote:
How will it work? Send them a check, pay to park, risk getting everything stolen by bike thieves salivating at a couple hundred ams coming to...
How will it work?

Send them a check, pay to park, risk getting everything stolen by bike thieves salivating at a couple hundred ams coming to town, get a couple laps of practice, run short races, get a plaque, qualify to go to Vegas and spend a bunch of money.

Any questions?
Love it. It's a plated mx bike so I'll ride straight in to the pits with a backpack, . GF lives in Oakland... And I see the videos now. 6 minutes. Big whoop. Oh well. It will be a one time fun thing. Sounds like I'm the sucker and they are banking.
JM485
12/10/2018 12:58pm
JustMX wrote:
How will it work? Send them a check, pay to park, risk getting everything stolen by bike thieves salivating at a couple hundred ams coming to...
How will it work?

Any questions?
Send them a check? What are you 100 years old you miserable geezer?

It’s gonna be fun no matter what, just enjoy it for what it is and know that it’s going to be just like racing amateur day at the nationals where you get bent over every step of the way to. I’m really hoping the tracks are tougher than last year, if not I’ll be a little bummed.
JustMX
12/11/2018 7:16pm
JustMX wrote:
How will it work?

Any questions?
JM485 wrote:
Send them a check? What are you 100 years old you miserable geezer? It’s gonna be fun no matter what, just enjoy it for what it...
Send them a check? What are you 100 years old you miserable geezer?

It’s gonna be fun no matter what, just enjoy it for what it is and know that it’s going to be just like racing amateur day at the nationals where you get bent over every step of the way to. I’m really hoping the tracks are tougher than last year, if not I’ll be a little bummed.
Not miserable, not 100 yet you whipper snapper, but you go on and paypal/etf/bitcoin your money and have a good time.
Talisker
12/12/2018 4:43am
Sorry..... this is only my opinion, this sounds stupid and the name also sounds stupid.
Have a 125 emx type series if you really want to help.
oldblood
1/13/2019 10:47am
So how is the track in Glendale today?
Texas Built
1/13/2019 3:32pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Can someone explain how you can earn Road to SX points on a track so cut down and mellowed out that it almost completely removes the...
Ask Mookie why they are tamed down.........
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/13/2019 3:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Ask Mookie why they are tamed down.........
I was talking about last years tracks. They were so tamed down to me that it lost the feel of what it was supposed to be in the first place. Today’s track looked way better than last years.
MUDD
2/1/2019 9:09am
Kevin, it was great to meet you in person, super sun day of racing ! That was classic when the track worker stopped you on the way off the track to hand you your license plate back. I had a rough go in the 40 plus class but that 35 plus class was some fun racing.

Post a reply to: How is this "Supercross Futures" going to work?

The Latest