How is Ty Masterpool not signed?

hypermoto
11/22/2020 4:22pm
Contrary to the “hardcore” fan, MX is the second most important series in America. SX being #1. It’s tough to get a ride if you don’t do it.
Bludwigsen
Fantasy
2960th
11/22/2020 4:26pm
akmx17 wrote:
He is racing Mini O's SX on a KTM
The fact that he even needs to ride Mini-Os (sad excuse for a sx track, more like a jumpy local track) after having a professional podium in outdoors is mind blowing. This new road to sx system is screwy. Even if it was normal scheduling (no COVID), the fact that riders with top 20 finishes (masterpool, mosiman for example) in outdoors are expected to earn their points is kinda odd to me.
numbers
11/22/2020 4:41pm
Conkey wrote:
He has no super cross points. That’s why no one has signed him.
mlacore33 wrote:
Max Vohland has no supercross points or no pro experience at all and is getting to race. Redbull ktm shouldve signed masterpool over him
Masterpool is the better rider.
11/22/2020 5:26pm
bigk218 wrote:
They felt bad after Fernandez took him out so they offered him a ride. I think that’s how it went.
mb60 wrote:
Ferandez ??
Ferrandis?

The Shop

CLT809
Fantasy
16th
11/23/2020 9:28am
Worth noting, big brother Jake rode the 1st heat, went from 5th to 3rd. LeBlanc, Vohland, and himself all running 1:03’s, but Jake is on a bike he picked up a week or so ago and hasn’t raced a 250 since Bercy of 2016 (I think).

I’m excited for people to see Jake rips on a 250 as well, seeing as he’s been labeled a “450 guy” despite having won motos at the ranch multiple times in 250B.
mlacore33
11/23/2020 12:24pm
Ty must have problems with himself and just not comfortable with his bike and the track. I expected him to blow all of these Ams out of the water. The speed he showed at redbud was up there with the likes of Dylan Ferrandis and Jeremy Martin so it’s weird he’s struggling to podium against amateurs. It is only heats though
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
11/23/2020 12:33pm
To think that this is the track that determines weather or not you can race supercross is amazing to me.
toddh
11/23/2020 12:58pm
mlacore33 wrote:
Ty must have problems with himself and just not comfortable with his bike and the track. I expected him to blow all of these Ams out...
Ty must have problems with himself and just not comfortable with his bike and the track. I expected him to blow all of these Ams out of the water. The speed he showed at redbud was up there with the likes of Dylan Ferrandis and Jeremy Martin so it’s weird he’s struggling to podium against amateurs. It is only heats though
New bike, only been on the KTM a couple weeks.
Bludwigsen
Fantasy
2960th
11/23/2020 1:33pm
mlacore33 wrote:
Ty must have problems with himself and just not comfortable with his bike and the track. I expected him to blow all of these Ams out...
toddh wrote:
Amateur-prep and pro-prep and two completely different ballgames, as well as the lines that develop between a pro national and an amateur national. Give him against any one of these guys (barring maybe Kitchen), there wouldn't be a fight at all. Basically two different sports they're so different.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
11/23/2020 3:28pm
Luke Kalaitzian smoked that second College boy moto. Ran a 1:02, then solid 1:03's every other lap. Not on the MCR bike either. I just wish the announcers wouldn't butcher his last name every time they mention him.
akmx17
11/23/2020 3:38pm
mlacore33 wrote:
They aren't just pure amateurs... Thrasher is out there too, his brother, Leblanc…
Sully
11/23/2020 3:42pm
How are Ty and Jake eligible to race Mini O's? Between the end of 2019 & the three races he did this year, I figured Ty would have way too many points to go back to amateur racing. And Jake has raced the last, what? Two seasons on a 450, or something like that?
chasetwo79
11/23/2020 4:13pm
Sully wrote:
How are Ty and Jake eligible to race Mini O's? Between the end of 2019 & the three races he did this year, I figured Ty...
How are Ty and Jake eligible to race Mini O's? Between the end of 2019 & the three races he did this year, I figured Ty would have way too many points to go back to amateur racing. And Jake has raced the last, what? Two seasons on a 450, or something like that?
They are running the pro sport class.
kkawboy14
11/23/2020 5:21pm
Bludwigsen wrote:
I know he seems flakey, but how has a team not given him one more chance at a healthy season? Red bud shows he has skill/speed...
I know he seems flakey, but how has a team not given him one more chance at a healthy season? Red bud shows he has skill/speed. His fitness was even subpar at the time! I feel he would have been a better sign than Shimoda/Swoll/Robertson/Frye/Thrasher, averaging his finished between indoors/outdoors. Providing he was serious about doing sx when he said he would at Redbud.
“I know he seems flaky”

Ok so why did you ask the question in the title of this thread?
Ryan625
11/23/2020 5:30pm
mlacore33 wrote:
toddh wrote:
Bludwigsen wrote:
Amateur-prep and pro-prep and two completely different ballgames, as well as the lines that develop between a pro national and an amateur national. Give him against...
Amateur-prep and pro-prep and two completely different ballgames, as well as the lines that develop between a pro national and an amateur national. Give him against any one of these guys (barring maybe Kitchen), there wouldn't be a fight at all. Basically two different sports they're so different.
Kitchen is the real deal. I love seeing another product of the PNW making moves
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/23/2020 5:55pm
Sully wrote:
How are Ty and Jake eligible to race Mini O's? Between the end of 2019 & the three races he did this year, I figured Ty...
I do believe Pro riders can race the Pro Sport classes. I think that's the only one they can race at the amateur level.
11/23/2020 6:03pm
toddh wrote:
Bludwigsen wrote:
Amateur-prep and pro-prep and two completely different ballgames, as well as the lines that develop between a pro national and an amateur national. Give him against...
Ryan625 wrote:
Kitchen is the real deal. I love seeing another product of the PNW making moves
Ya he is. He's not brought up much I feel like but he's the one to watch the most right now imo
Promiah2
Fantasy
2567th
12/30/2020 3:20pm
Will he be racing SX this year?
12/31/2020 11:57am
49weasel wrote:
For the life of me I don’t know why they would sign Craig over Masterpool. Kid has tons of heart and personally I would question Craig’s.
Craig paid for his ride with star.
Not sure why people would think this is so crazy? People with money have been buying rides in Indy car for 40 years, and NASCAR is also becoming that as well. NASCAR you can buy a ride, or if you want a ride on an elite team, you better be bringing a sponsor with you. So if someone like Craig that has talent, I can see a team selling a ride to a rider like that. By no means not a crazy concept.
Bludwigsen
Fantasy
2960th
12/31/2020 3:22pm
49weasel wrote:
For the life of me I don’t know why they would sign Craig over Masterpool. Kid has tons of heart and personally I would question Craig’s.
Not sure why people would think this is so crazy? People with money have been buying rides in Indy car for 40 years, and NASCAR is...
Not sure why people would think this is so crazy? People with money have been buying rides in Indy car for 40 years, and NASCAR is also becoming that as well. NASCAR you can buy a ride, or if you want a ride on an elite team, you better be bringing a sponsor with you. So if someone like Craig that has talent, I can see a team selling a ride to a rider like that. By no means not a crazy concept.
I mean.. Craig is a proven winner, has a solid following, nice guy.. He's definitely a solid hire, no need for him to pay to play. I'd be very surprised if he did.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
12/31/2020 4:07pm
Where did you hear that?
mb60
1/12/2021 8:15pm
I did see where his dad built a sx track @ 956 facility.
Motofinne
1/12/2021 11:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2021 11:52pm
I can't understand what KTM are doing. Sign the kid! He's a contender for podiums outdoors.

Post a reply to: How is Ty Masterpool not signed?

The Latest