How is Austin Stroupe doing?

MXMattii
10/19/2017 9:15am
Oh I hated that kid. He was one of the few who could keep mine favorite, Christophe Pourcel, honest in Supercross. But after those two years I started to realize what a talented kid he was and his story and problems kept me interested. So I was really delighted when he made his comeback in ArenaCross and fought for wins. But after that he had a relapse and he disappeared from the radar. So the question is: does anyone know how he is doing now and is he still riding?
|
10/19/2017 10:55am
That's a good question. I hope both he and Izzi can beat their demons.
TJMX947
10/19/2017 10:56am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 10:57am
I wasn't on Vital at the time but I suppose you guys saw his mug shot last year?

The Shop

10/19/2017 11:39am
Rich, poor, talented, and the clumsy. Heroin doesn’t discriminate.
10/19/2017 12:40pm
I was watching a documentary that showed how many people in the US ended up on heroin after being prescibed a certain pain killer , which was basically opium. The figures were very saddening , I wonder if Austin ended up on it after an accident on the bike? Very sad if he did
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/19/2017 12:47pm
There's some good info in the 14 page story Racer X did on him a while back if you haven't read it.
Bruce372
10/19/2017 12:50pm
I hope he is doing well, since the world will be that little better.

its difficult for me to understand how some people revel in others misfortune as if by some way it makes their own life better.

approx 60,000 dying each year in the US because of drugs- the biggest culprit is opiates, either legal or illegal...... most people start down that path by over-prescription of opiate derived pain killers.

Kinda ironic that the chosen drug-Czar couldnt take the role because he had made it easier for the legal supply of opiates by mail order!
kkawboy14
10/19/2017 12:53pm
Trump is fixing the opioid problem as we speak!
jmx411
10/19/2017 12:58pm
All I know is that he is the best kid I ever saw ride an 80. He also made me realize that maybe I should find something other than motocross to do for a living. I knew I would never had the balls to go that fast.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
10/19/2017 1:42pm
I was watching a documentary that showed how many people in the US ended up on heroin after being prescibed a certain pain killer , which...
I was watching a documentary that showed how many people in the US ended up on heroin after being prescibed a certain pain killer , which was basically opium. The figures were very saddening , I wonder if Austin ended up on it after an accident on the bike? Very sad if he did
Yes, his heroin addiction started out with painkillers. The industry is littered with Riders that are or were addicted to heroin because of painkillers, and there are even a few writers that are currently addicted to painkillers.
agn5009
10/19/2017 1:43pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Just like Obama did.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
10/19/2017 1:50pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
That guy is so delusional he’s probably on it himself.
10/19/2017 1:56pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I hope this is sarcasm. Trump declared an opioid crises like Michael Scott declared bankruptcy. He uttered the words and just forgot about it, never took any action. Our Attorney General refuses to believe that marijuana could help this epidemic that has killed over 200,000 Americans even though there is studies showing how effective it could be. As mentioned above the USA was about to make Marino drug czar had it not been for the 60 minutes piece showing how beholden he was to big pharma and stopped the DEA from intervening.
kage173
10/19/2017 2:11pm
It's great that people are interested in him and are hoping the best for him, but I'm bummed that we've gotta pull out his mug shot and drag him through the mud again. I think best intentions all around, but why post that pic?

The guy always seemed like a nice kid (I don't remember him being an asshole) and had insane skill. Maybe got a little distracted from the sport, but so many others have as well.

I saw him get hurt in practice in Houston the year he was battling with Pourcel. I was so bummed. Dude could ride.
MXMattii
10/19/2017 2:21pm
I was watching a documentary that showed how many people in the US ended up on heroin after being prescibed a certain pain killer , which...
UpTiTe wrote:
Yes, his heroin addiction started out with painkillers. The industry is littered with Riders that are or were addicted to heroin because of painkillers, and there...
Yes, his heroin addiction started out with painkillers. The industry is littered with Riders that are or were addicted to heroin because of painkillers, and there are even a few writers that are currently addicted to painkillers.
I'm on Oxycodon myself but been closing monitored by mine medic. But I saw a story on Belgian TV about Floridian medics describe things like; Tramadol, Oxycodon, Vicodin,... because they also own pharmacies and hooking people up with this kind of addicted pills make their sales better. This story was broadcasted a few years back and they ended with a lawyer and senator who were working on a law to forbid things like that from happening. But because some senators were also stockholders in big pharmahouses they weren't to optimistic.

We've also problems in Belgium but I can relay on my medic because she's not biased. For her it is forbidden to be in bed with pharmacies and she looks into the fact that I keep me to the doses, one in the morning one before bed. But if you can't trust your doc, because he's also into selling pills for his profit. And other medics are cutting you off without helping you withdraw I understand you go look for something to softened the withdraw you're going true. But being happy is the best "drug" to soften the withdraw.

boston_jorj
10/19/2017 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 3:00pm
Pain pills and addiction are a scary thing. I recently had kidney stones and was prescribed painkillers, in my case Vidoden (don't remember mg)I had 3 kidney stones for an entire month. One was nearly 4mm. I was prescribed Vicodin and I tried my best not to take it but I absolutely had to. I literally couldn't get out of bed it was so bad. I was prescribed to take one Vicodin every 4 hours. After nearly a month I passed them and then quit the medication immediately. I felt like total shit for 3 weeks afterwards without pills. If I took one I felt normal. I can't imagine being on Vicodin any longer. The urologist basically asked how many do you need? He was willing to write the script for whatever I asked and encouraged me to be generous with the pain medication.
crowe176
10/19/2017 3:21pm
I've been listening to old pulpmx podcasts lately, and he was being interviewed and you could just tell he was ripped. At the time, i'm sure it wasn't even given a second thought, but unfortunately listening to it now, knowing what he's was/is battling, that was the first thing that I thought.

I know how hard it is, and have seen it ruin close friends and family, but for some reason, I'm really hoping he can get his life squared away. It was always a pleasure watching him pin a dirt cycle around a track..

Fuck Heroin. I understand Norcs, and honestly, when I have them, they don't last long, but Knowing what H does to people, I just can't imagine sitting there and being like, yea i'm gonna send it..
captmoto
10/19/2017 3:39pm
I think part of the problem is the pressure put on athletes to perform. Even if it is pressure they put on themselves.Block the pain, start training, start riding. Some people just can't seem to realize the body needs time to fully heal. You see it here all the time with the guys that want to know how soon they can get back to riding when all they have on the line is that 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke drag race down at the gravel pit.

MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
10/19/2017 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 4:08pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Because the war on drugs was such a terrific business model? Lol
10/19/2017 4:50pm
Pain pills and addiction are a scary thing. I recently had kidney stones and was prescribed painkillers, in my case Vidoden (don't remember mg)I had 3...
Pain pills and addiction are a scary thing. I recently had kidney stones and was prescribed painkillers, in my case Vidoden (don't remember mg)I had 3 kidney stones for an entire month. One was nearly 4mm. I was prescribed Vicodin and I tried my best not to take it but I absolutely had to. I literally couldn't get out of bed it was so bad. I was prescribed to take one Vicodin every 4 hours. After nearly a month I passed them and then quit the medication immediately. I felt like total shit for 3 weeks afterwards without pills. If I took one I felt normal. I can't imagine being on Vicodin any longer. The urologist basically asked how many do you need? He was willing to write the script for whatever I asked and encouraged me to be generous with the pain medication.
The Affordable Care Act tied patient satisfaction and pain control to a portion of every hospital's reimbursement. That is part of the reason they're handing narcotics out like candy.

On paper to a bunch of lawyers this sounds like a good idea. But in practice it has led us to where we are now. Pain med/heroin addiction is off the charts.
tylermx967
10/19/2017 5:40pm
I NO THAT THIS GUY RIDED FOR SUSZUKI WE GET A BIG POSTER OF HIM AT SUSZUKI TRUCK THE SAME DAY MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE
JMR1976
10/19/2017 7:32pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I NO THAT THIS GUY RIDED FOR SUSZUKI WE GET A BIG POSTER OF HIM AT SUSZUKI TRUCK THE SAME DAY MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS...
I NO THAT THIS GUY RIDED FOR SUSZUKI WE GET A BIG POSTER OF HIM AT SUSZUKI TRUCK THE SAME DAY MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE
Maybe next year J-Law will give you his goggles.
mxjon454
10/19/2017 8:21pm
Hipefully hes doing good. He was riding a lot and posting on his IG, but then i heard he broke his wrist and he hasnt posted anything in IG in about a year since that happened. Hopefully hes doing good. If anyone has any correct info on him, let us know.
wfo4ever
10/19/2017 8:21pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Yes, his heroin addiction started out with painkillers. The industry is littered with Riders that are or were addicted to heroin because of painkillers, and there...
Lots of drug and alcohol problems in the entire motorcycle industry. There is a very party oriented atmosphere in the motorcycle industry. Let the good times roll. Always has been this way. You would be amazed at how many of the people from the very top down in this industry that would be on the very long list of drug users and alcoholics. I used to say If I gave all of my employees and sales reps along with all of their bosses from numerous well known companies drug tests, they would all fail. I would have no employees, sales reps, and no companies to deal with at my dealerships. I retired and closed my last dealership 5 years ago. A lot of those people I worked and dealt with are dead.
rongi#401
10/19/2017 8:34pm
I watched my dad overdose many times on pain pills. Horrible. Amazing that he lived. And that was before he discovered meth
scooter5002
10/19/2017 8:39pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I NO THAT THIS GUY RIDED FOR SUSZUKI WE GET A BIG POSTER OF HIM AT SUSZUKI TRUCK THE SAME DAY MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS...
Never mind the goggles, perhaps someone could have given you a quality helmet, years ago.
10/19/2017 8:56pm
As a local yocal pro I've dealt with it all and have been pushed by my doctors to keep taking bigger doses or to keep taking the least I was prescribed. Took determination and desire to step away from the meds but doctors make a good chunk of money to prescribe meds to ruin your life along with others around you and when you ask for true honest help they are gone with the wind. Thus the unfortunate get caught up in the other shit that's even worse. Much respect to all who've been there and pulled/puked and sweated themselves out of the situation.

Grenade776
10/19/2017 11:56pm
UpTiTe wrote:
That is just so sad, to see the young , nieve and innocent have there lives ruined by a prescription drug, it has got to stop!

Post a reply to: How is Austin Stroupe doing?

The Latest