How does Roczen keep feet on pegs through corners?

GarySemics
7/7/2016 5:24am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 7:32am
Have you noticed Ken Roczen keeping his feet on the pegs through berms? Sometimes even deep berms. How does he manage this difficult maneuver? He practices the techniques that apply. I’ve been teaching these practice techniques since 1990. Here’s a clip from my 2nd video showing it, it's from the “Making the MC and Rider Become 1” DVD or Stream. 28 Techniques DVDs/Streams. Save big on Value Packs. https://gsmxs.com/shop/rider-motorcycle-become-one/

https://youtu.be/mQSpZg0GESE

http://www.gsmxs.com/category/dvds
|
yzjs7
7/7/2016 5:57am
Always helpful thanks Gary
51xc
7/7/2016 5:59am
b&b balance and balls
Andrew337
7/7/2016 6:16am
I notice when I'm doing a lot of mountain biking and then go ride moto I keep my feet on the pegs a lot more. If I don't ride the mountain bike much, I start sticking my legs out more on the motorcycle. Roczen's balance while cornering is incredible.
ocscottie
7/7/2016 8:11am
Love this shot, i believe is by Cudby:

The Shop

7/7/2016 8:43am
I am glad someone fast and a former pro has mentioned what Roczen is doing right now on the bike.
I would say if his Father taught him how to ride his dad is a great riding coach.

Super smooth, super fast, super starts, super attitude. We are seeing something very special, it's boring as heck but great for KR94. I imagine Everts and Stewart are watching and saying good things about his racing.
The only thing that is strange is the super human factor, dude is doing things that do not seem possible, like Stewart in Toronto, but I should keep my thoughts to myself on that one.
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
7/7/2016 8:55am
I am glad someone fast and a former pro has mentioned what Roczen is doing right now on the bike. I would say if his Father...
I am glad someone fast and a former pro has mentioned what Roczen is doing right now on the bike.
I would say if his Father taught him how to ride his dad is a great riding coach.

Super smooth, super fast, super starts, super attitude. We are seeing something very special, it's boring as heck but great for KR94. I imagine Everts and Stewart are watching and saying good things about his racing.
The only thing that is strange is the super human factor, dude is doing things that do not seem possible, like Stewart in Toronto, but I should keep my thoughts to myself on that one.
stew in toronto 2014 was unreal, rewatched it so many times
7/7/2016 8:57am
I am glad someone fast and a former pro has mentioned what Roczen is doing right now on the bike. I would say if his Father...

Must be a robot....
sandman768
7/7/2016 9:25am
Great video & great observation! Another benefit of this technique is, it is much safer for your knees & ankles to be on the pegs!
bvm111
7/7/2016 9:33am
Andrew337 wrote:
I notice when I'm doing a lot of mountain biking and then go ride moto I keep my feet on the pegs a lot more. If...
I notice when I'm doing a lot of mountain biking and then go ride moto I keep my feet on the pegs a lot more. If I don't ride the mountain bike much, I start sticking my legs out more on the motorcycle. Roczen's balance while cornering is incredible.
I noticed the same thing especially when I started down hill, it also teaches you how to maintain momentum through the corner since its nearly impossible to pump until after completing the turn!
7/7/2016 9:56am
Everts was the master of riding through corners on the pegs, Stefan was the most boring rider to watch, smooth and looked slow. His epic battles with Smets were a night and day different riding style, Joel just straight ahead man handling the bike while Stefan just seemed to glide and never used any energy, have a look at Stefan's calfs back in his prime, enormous
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
7/7/2016 9:56am
He just posted that, watch the first turn.. blows my mind
MXD
7/7/2016 9:58am
I can go through almost any corner while standing on the pegs. The issue is that it's 10x slower for me than sitting down because I suck at it.
c130
7/7/2016 10:18am
Herlings and Roczen both do it a lot. Although I would rate Herlings technique higher than Roczens any day!
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
7/7/2016 10:23am
Anyone have the Stewart picture from Hipoint a few years back. Going thru a deep rut, lot of speed, just standing all the way thru it. Me and a friend were standing there and just couldn't believe it.
DP#201
7/7/2016 10:53am
Madmax31 wrote:
Anyone have the Stewart picture from Hipoint a few years back. Going thru a deep rut, lot of speed, just standing all the way thru it...
Anyone have the Stewart picture from Hipoint a few years back. Going thru a deep rut, lot of speed, just standing all the way thru it. Me and a friend were standing there and just couldn't believe it.
No, but I remember when Everts rode around the outside of Steward standing on the pegs in a deep rut at MXdN in 2006Woohoo
DP#201
7/7/2016 10:57am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 10:58am
GarySemics wrote:
Have you noticed Ken Roczen keeping his feet on the pegs through berms? Sometimes even deep berms. How does he manage this difficult maneuver? He practices...
Have you noticed Ken Roczen keeping his feet on the pegs through berms? Sometimes even deep berms. How does he manage this difficult maneuver? He practices the techniques that apply. I’ve been teaching these practice techniques since 1990. Here’s a clip from my 2nd video showing it, it's from the “Making the MC and Rider Become 1” DVD or Stream. 28 Techniques DVDs/Streams. Save big on Value Packs. https://gsmxs.com/shop/rider-motorcycle-become-one/

You know what.. Its a euro thing, you wouldnt understand Laughing the US invented scrubs, the euroes knows how to stand up through ruts and ride sand tracks.. Just messing around of cause Tongue

Edit: ment to quote the OP.
peelout
7/7/2016 11:01am
he has to stand through corners, his balls are probably so big he can't sit down
jevyguy
7/7/2016 11:04am
GarySemics wrote:
Have you noticed Ken Roczen keeping his feet on the pegs through berms? Sometimes even deep berms. How does he manage this difficult maneuver? He practices...

You mean this one?

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
7/7/2016 11:06am
This kind of reminds me of that one time I stood up through a corner
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/7/2016 11:21am
I think we are getting set to watch Roczen put on a riding clinic this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put 45 sec plus on the field if he stays on the gas the whole time.
KBOLTZ
7/7/2016 12:17pm
I've ridden BMX my whole life and I think it helps with balance in the ruts. I mean we are able to balance on a rail with both tires so that would definitely teach you some precision. Some of the same techniques apply like looking forward and focusing where you are going and not where you are type stuff.
motomike137
7/7/2016 12:22pm

Nothing boring at all about Ken's riding imho. Watching him in person ride away from the pack and seeing all the little body movements and subtle corrections as he navigates the track is super interesting! He is a moto maestro at the moment!
sandman768
7/7/2016 12:30pm
Roczen is a badass in the sand! I hope ET has something for him at southwick, but, it might be, as UFO once sang: " lights out London" ...
HenryA
7/7/2016 12:37pm
disbanded wrote:
This kind of reminds me of that one time I stood up through a corner
Hahaha touché! Laughing
Prntscrn
7/7/2016 12:48pm
Nothing boring at all about Ken's riding imho. Watching him in person ride away from the pack and seeing all the little body movements and subtle...
Nothing boring at all about Ken's riding imho. Watching him in person ride away from the pack and seeing all the little body movements and subtle corrections as he navigates the track is super interesting! He is a moto maestro at the moment!
To watch Ken ride right now is beautiful, almost perfection
7/7/2016 1:35pm
One thing I thought about, two years ago, at Muds Creek, when Stewart had that sudden-stop-crash in the long left hander and his family jewelry got a beating (although, apparently, not too bad of a hit), was that that type of crash in particular would never have had happened to Roczen, Everts or Herlings. That was entirely due to Stewart sitting down. Rear shock rebounding and so on...

That's the great benefit of standing on the pegs as much as Roczen and Herlings do (and Everts and and a few others used to do (JMB comes to mind)), you don't get those uncalculated shock rebounds that will throw you off.

There was an awesome sequence, late, in the last moto at Redbud. You got to follow Barcia for a half a lap or so and shortly after a half a lap or so Roczen. The difference is apparent, I don't think I have to spell it out, and has very little to do, imho, with bike settings.
7/7/2016 1:43pm
Madmax31 wrote:
Anyone have the Stewart picture from Hipoint a few years back. Going thru a deep rut, lot of speed, just standing all the way thru it...
DP#201 wrote:
No, but I remember when Everts rode around the outside of Steward standing on the pegs in a deep rut at MXdN in 2006Woohoo
Stefan was the master
7/7/2016 1:56pm
I miss watching Stefan ride, almost boring but truly effortless style, always a gear high low revs, his battles with Pichon were great to contrast the styles. Think it's a more 'old school' style and probably wouldn't be as competitive with the jumps and rythmn sections on a modern mx track.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/7/2016 2:02pm
My favourite feet on the pegs pic
Not sure if his right foot is on the peg or on the rear fender though

Post a reply to: How does Roczen keep feet on pegs through corners?

The Latest