How do you feel about up/down voting of posts?

Ozy
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2019 11:58am
Poll

Do you like the thumbs up, thumbs down voting on posts?

Choices
|
SoCalMX70
5/28/2019 8:15pm
Well, everyone had to know it would be trolled to no end... So, I say we keep the thumbs down button only. Wink
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/28/2019 8:17pm
It seems to piss off the snowflake NancyBoys so I like it a lot.
Crush
5/28/2019 8:28pm
I don't care if it's here or not, but it's lame that it hides the down-votes. You got something to say put your name too it.

The Shop

mxb2
5/28/2019 8:31pm
Crush wrote:
I don't care if it's here or not, but it's lame that it hides the down-votes. You got something to say put your name too it.
Are people really that insecure that a mx forum down vote bothers them .lol. comical.
APLMAN99
5/28/2019 8:46pm
I'm okay with it. It did come in sort of handy last week to see who down voted my post asking why a poster used a clear, acknowledged for-nearly-ever racist slur. A little surprised who it was, but good to know that they are supportive of that sort of pure crap without having to wade through a ton of posts to get the genera gist.
5/28/2019 8:58pm
Crush wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Are people really that insecure that a mx forum down vote bothers them .lol. comical.
Yes, I care!
5/28/2019 9:00pm
I think we need to start a thread, about starting threads about down votes.....
jeffro503
5/28/2019 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2019 9:03pm
I actually feel honored when I get down vote's. It means I did my job right and I pissed off some pussies.
aeffertz
5/28/2019 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2019 9:11pm
I like the feature. It's easier and saves a lot of clutter of either "You're an idiot" or "I agree!" posts. Amazed at how upset people get over their posts getting downvoted.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
5/28/2019 9:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2019 9:42pm
I only clicked on this to upvote you. Please downvote this comment.
JeepnMike
5/28/2019 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2019 6:46am
I never realized down votes are hidden. I have always been a supporter of the thumb feature... If someone posts something I think is funny, it saves me from posting a meaningless "LOL" or "that was funny", and annoying the hell out of everyone here having to scroll through my, and other's comments which don't contribute to shit. The same can be said for someone posting something informational, it allows the poster to know folks found value (or a laugh) in their post.

The thumbs down seems to be the sensitive spot... Nobody complains about thumbs up. I have said before, the quality of folks on vital has taken a turn towards looking a lot more Instagram-ish the past few years. I suspect that is where the sensitivity towards the thumbs down crap stems from, we have a host of members with nothing better to do than find entertainment spreading negativity. Tough to moderate, I don't envy Steve.

At the end of the day, ignore the thumbs down, and appreciate the thumbs up and have fun.
jemcee
5/28/2019 10:58pm
Crush wrote:
Faarken this! I bet it would stop a lot of people down voting if it wasn't anonymous as well.. I'd probably start haha

And no it doesn't bother me that someone downvotes in fact not knowing makes it a completely useless feature.. as it is I couldn't give a shit when I get down voted but, say for example someone I respected down voted/disagreed with me, I might think more about my opinion. Or conversely if someone I think is a tool down voted me I'll feel better about my opinion
5/28/2019 11:06pm
aeffertz wrote:
I like the feature. It's easier and saves a lot of clutter of either "You're an idiot" or "I agree!" posts. Amazed at how upset people...
I like the feature. It's easier and saves a lot of clutter of either "You're an idiot" or "I agree!" posts. Amazed at how upset people get over their posts getting downvoted.
Agreed, we are a bunch of guys talking about motorcycle racing, not saving the world. I find it even funnier that people get twisted over the thumbs down being anonymous. Thumbs down won`t ruin your life, shouldnt cross your mind after you pass the post...... Who cares if someone doesnt like what you say, half of them are screwing with people cause they are bored and the rest are probably just assholes!
jemcee
5/28/2019 11:18pm
aeffertz wrote:
I like the feature. It's easier and saves a lot of clutter of either "You're an idiot" or "I agree!" posts. Amazed at how upset people...
Agreed, we are a bunch of guys talking about motorcycle racing, not saving the world. I find it even funnier that people get twisted over the...
Agreed, we are a bunch of guys talking about motorcycle racing, not saving the world. I find it even funnier that people get twisted over the thumbs down being anonymous. Thumbs down won`t ruin your life, shouldnt cross your mind after you pass the post...... Who cares if someone doesnt like what you say, half of them are screwing with people cause they are bored and the rest are probably just assholes!
Read what I wrote.. Was it brought in to better the board or not?
Anonymous down vote? I couldn't give a fuck, cause of the reasons you mentioned
Knowing who did? Will prob stop the reasons you mentioned.. I mean either way the tough guys can continue to not care right?!
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/28/2019 11:25pm
Crush wrote:
Agreed !!

The Trolls love it !
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/28/2019 11:27pm
Crush wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I think it’s not so much that it bothers me, it’s just kinda dumb that you CANT attatch your name to it. I WANT people to know if I feel the need to give them a big “Thumbs Down” on their post.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/28/2019 11:30pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm okay with it. It did come in sort of handy last week to see who down voted my post asking why a poster used a...
I'm okay with it. It did come in sort of handy last week to see who down voted my post asking why a poster used a clear, acknowledged for-nearly-ever racist slur. A little surprised who it was, but good to know that they are supportive of that sort of pure crap without having to wade through a ton of posts to get the genera gist.
I think I am picking up, what you’re throwing down.
If I read into it correctly, I agree with you !

Based on the theory of thumbs up voters that agree with your opinion ?
jeffro503
5/28/2019 11:43pm
Crush wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
I think it’s not so much that it bothers me, it’s just kinda dumb that you CANT attatch your name to it. I WANT people to...
I think it’s not so much that it bothers me, it’s just kinda dumb that you CANT attatch your name to it. I WANT people to know if I feel the need to give them a big “Thumbs Down” on their post.
This. If we can know who gave the thumbs up , why not the thumbs down? Kind of a useless feature to be honest. Btw , I wouldn't even know who gave a thumbs up if it weren't for a random email from this place.
5/28/2019 11:52pm
aeffertz wrote:
Agreed, we are a bunch of guys talking about motorcycle racing, not saving the world. I find it even funnier that people get twisted over the...
jemcee wrote:
Read what I wrote.. Was it brought in to better the board or not? Anonymous down vote? I couldn't give a fuck, cause of the reasons...
Knowing who did? Will prob stop the reasons you mentioned.. I mean either way the tough guys can continue to not care right?!
Only thing is that I don`t know you or any of the posters on here personally, so even if you could see that I down voted a post, it still would mean nothing to you or me. Its not really about being a tough guy on an anonymous board, this is entertainment to me, thats all. BTW, I think I meant to quote another post, but its all good.
5/28/2019 11:55pm
Crush wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Agreed !!

The Trolls love it !
Pretty sure that 99.999% of the usernames, are not their real names to put to it. Y`all realize that, right?
jemcee
5/29/2019 12:15am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2019 12:24am
jemcee wrote:
Read what I wrote.. Was it brought in to better the board or not? Anonymous down vote? I couldn't give a fuck, cause of the reasons...
Only thing is that I don`t know you or any of the posters on here personally, so even if you could see that I down voted...
Only thing is that I don`t know you or any of the posters on here personally, so even if you could see that I down voted a post, it still would mean nothing to you or me. Its not really about being a tough guy on an anonymous board, this is entertainment to me, thats all. BTW, I think I meant to quote another post, but its all good.
Haha Yeah I get that but even if you don't know someone personally you can kinda work out the sort of person they are by the things they post or if you usually agree/don't agree.. I'm not saying every down vote but say a down vote from dudes like Scottie, Ezza, Crush, slipdog, camP or worst case Rupert I'd wonder why haha.. I mean I'm not saying I'd change my opinion but you know I might think about it.. Maybe
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
5/29/2019 1:25am
Quads are gay
Crush
5/29/2019 1:41am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2019 1:47am
Crush wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
I think it’s not so much that it bothers me, it’s just kinda dumb that you CANT attatch your name to it. I WANT people to...
I don't care if you disagree, but if the function is to show you agree, then isn't it the same the other way?

It's just a pusshole 2019 move to be afraid to disagree. It's ok to disagree. To talk about difficult shit. To have different opinions.

It's like the code was written by some leftist antifa pussholes or something... "I DON'T WANT YOUR BAD OPINION!!!!"
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/29/2019 2:51am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2019 2:53am
I gave a thumbs down to every post.LaughingSilly

Edit: But yeah, it's pretty shit. Doesn't stop fuckwits from posting.

5/29/2019 3:03am
mxb2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't care if you disagree, but if the function is to show you agree, then isn't it the same the other way? It's just a...
I don't care if you disagree, but if the function is to show you agree, then isn't it the same the other way?

It's just a pusshole 2019 move to be afraid to disagree. It's ok to disagree. To talk about difficult shit. To have different opinions.

It's like the code was written by some leftist antifa pussholes or something... "I DON'T WANT YOUR BAD OPINION!!!!"
Relax Crush,.. you might get a down vote. Just pulling yer leg.
Crush
5/29/2019 4:09am
langhammx wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't care if you disagree, but if the function is to show you agree, then isn't it the same the other way? It's just a...

BigMunster wrote:
Relax Crush,.. you might get a down vote. Just pulling yer leg.
I fucking definitely will.

It'll be broken 50:50 by smartasses and pussies too!
kb228
5/29/2019 4:37am
I think the best thing is when people get butthurt over downvotes and expect the names to be shown as if its the end of the world if someone disagrees with you.

PRM31
5/29/2019 4:38am
Who cares!? Does someone actually get their feelings hurt by a downvote? Or, really feel better because of an upvote?

Post a reply to: How do you feel about up/down voting of posts?

The Latest