How do you do starts (2stroke)

Edited Date/Time 5/15/2013 10:17pm
Right so basically i have a kx80cc and want to know how to do starts, in 2014 i want to be racing a 125cc for definate. i am 14 and really want to get into the sport, funds are a pain but ill get to them when i need to, so therefore i want to get to know the basics. I have had my bike on a long strips and opened it up it 4th and 5th but i have not yet opened it up in all gears as i think it would just pop on the back wheel, i want to be able to get the maximum out of my bike.
|
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
12/3/2012 10:35am
125s and larger I have always started in 2nd gear. There are many different techniques so I can't say what will work for you but I start with both feet down. Weight down on the seat and head up over the front # plate. Bike rev'd high and don't let the clutch out too fast (you'll either bog or loop out easily). At the initial jump you might seem sluggish but several feet out of the gate you will gain on/pass others who started in 1st gear and got a better initial launch than you. I don't ride pro but racing C and B class I have usually holeshot or get top 5 starts.

Have fun, and practice them a lot!
PPS Moto
12/3/2012 2:54pm
Right so basically i have a kx80cc and want to know how to do starts, in 2014 i want to be racing a 125cc for definate...
Right so basically i have a kx80cc and want to know how to do starts, in 2014 i want to be racing a 125cc for definate. i am 14 and really want to get into the sport, funds are a pain but ill get to them when i need to, so therefore i want to get to know the basics. I have had my bike on a long strips and opened it up it 4th and 5th but i have not yet opened it up in all gears as i think it would just pop on the back wheel, i want to be able to get the maximum out of my bike.
I actually wrote an article that will help you out just yesterday: http://bit.ly/SEz3gU
SwapperMX
12/4/2012 6:54pm
Just get on that throttle and let go of that clutch !!

The Shop

12/4/2012 7:48pm
You gota kick it to start it!! LOL
mxscoob
1/9/2013 7:11am
Hey man,
The first thing you got to do is get Center of Balance (body position) down and correct and Master Of The 5 Controls. This is the foundation and where all techniques like hole shots stem from. You can google that or check this vid:

http://www.dirtsoldiersmotocross.com/foundation/

There is also Seated (center of balance) Attack Position.

Get that down man then do this for a killer hole shot!

Get up on the front of the bike and sit on the front part of the seat with your head over the handlebars.

When you sit on the front of the seat your weight is at the center of the motorcycle.
Stay in this position off the line to the first turn and transfer weight by leaning forward and back.

Lean your upper body back to increase rear wheel traction and lean forward to keep the front wheel down!

A lot of guys freeze off the gate. You got to move in the right way and find the right traction.

Move the upper body laterally from side to side to keep your bike straight out of the gate.

Don't freeze and drop your elbows and twist your upper body. Keep elbows high and control the bike by moving upper body side to side. This gives you the most control. Remember motocross is a game of precision, timing, and the big one control!

Feed the power to the rear wheel with the clutch and throttle as smooth and quick as possible!
A big mistake here is to just hammer the throttle and dump the clutch.

To get a great start you have to be smooth and precise with your clutch control.
Feed the power to the rear wheel with clutch and throttle together. You have to open the throttle and let
the clutch out according to traction.

Hope that helps!
Have a good one,
Scoob
CodyMX
1/10/2013 4:34am
Clutch-2nd gear-Lean forward-Give it some gas-dump the clutch. That's how u do a start
5/15/2013 10:17pm
You should start with both feet down in front of foot pegs so your perfectly balanced, have your head over bars and in 2nd gear. dont just dump the clutch. Feed power to the wheel with the clutch and throttle smooth and quick.

Post a reply to: How do you do starts (2stroke)

The Latest