How do Ralph and Jeff still have jobs?

sickboy3636
2/5/2018 8:02am
Normally I think everyone is over reacting, but I admit the red plate comment had me shaking my head.
jeffro503
2/5/2018 8:11am
I don't think Ralph and Jeff should lose their jobs , but it was kind of a weird night for them. The cat's thing Ralph brought up though......haha.
tobz
2/5/2018 8:38am
How many years have they been doing it? Probably due for a change...
Jaze
2/5/2018 8:55am
Yeah i think Ralph need Weigant or Langston in his side.
Jeff is saying those same boring lines every f**ing broadcast...
Outdoor commentators are lightyears better.

The Shop

peelout
2/5/2018 9:04am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 9:07am
i usually give them a HUGE pass when watching the races because i know how tough the job would be...

but holy shit they were especially bad on Saturday night. i don't think i've ever (out loud) told them to shut the fuck up while watching. man they were horrible.

"and here comes your points leader Hill"
"McElrath is going to lose the points lead"
"he slipped a couple spots behind in the points"
"points"
"fuckin' where's Roczen, we haven't seen Roczen yet i wonder where he could be, oh there he is he's been on the fucking screen for the last minute and a half while we were staring at the ground"
bball35
2/5/2018 9:29am
peelout wrote:
i usually give them a HUGE pass when watching the races because i know how tough the job would be... but holy shit they were especially...
i usually give them a HUGE pass when watching the races because i know how tough the job would be...

but holy shit they were especially bad on Saturday night. i don't think i've ever (out loud) told them to shut the fuck up while watching. man they were horrible.

"and here comes your points leader Hill"
"McElrath is going to lose the points lead"
"he slipped a couple spots behind in the points"
"points"
"fuckin' where's Roczen, we haven't seen Roczen yet i wonder where he could be, oh there he is he's been on the fucking screen for the last minute and a half while we were staring at the ground"
Or when he asked McElrath after his heat win "is the sun shining in your eyes the reason you aren't looking at the camera"?

My wife asked what the fuck that had to do with racing or anything? lol If I was McElrath i would of said no you dick its just that bright yellow thing staring directly at my eyes.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/5/2018 9:50am
I'll be honest most of the stuff you guys come on here and say they said is the first time I see/hear about it. I tend to tune out and only catch a few things they say here and there when I watch the races.

Sounds like they need to practice and learn some facts before going on the air.

How can they not know that Hill isn't the points leader? Fucking guy hasn't been doing much this year.
levimx22
Fantasy
2108th
2/5/2018 10:18am
i imagine jeff is tired of having ralphie scream in his ear every weekend. its only been happening for how many years now? not to mention all the strange "ralphisms" that have been said over the years.

"that's incredible, Ralph."
RandyS
2/5/2018 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 12:29pm
I've commented on a few questionable things in the past but overall I think they do a good job. However, last night there was an arenacross that either came on or I had recorded. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of any arenacross in a couple of years at least so I don't know who besides DB125 is on the broadcast team(maybe Robbie Floyd?). Anyway the girl in the pits was interviewing Mad Mike Jones who is helping some 17 year old kid. She actually said, "You started your career in freestyle and then came to Arenacross" I don't believe that's ever a live show, don't they have anyone checking things like that being that the bulk of the viewers are riders. On a smaller scale but it's kind of like asking DeCoster if he ever raced before he was a team manager.
Robgvx
2/5/2018 1:49pm
Haven’t watched/listened to it, however often there can be all sorts of distractions going on behind the scenes. For example directors screwing up and speaking incorrect, multiple instructions in their ears; ad breaks that aren’t scheduled or change with a few seconds notice; monitors/picture feed going dead (can’t commentate on a blank screen) or any number of other things.

It isn’t as easy as many people think.
Uncle Tony
2/5/2018 2:56pm
Damn in the 70's we had Jackie Stewart and Sam Posey, and then Bruce Jenner I mean kaitlyn
2/7/2018 5:29am
huge mistake by plessinger crossing the line with 2 seconds left is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever heard from Ralph... actually had to rewatch to ensure i heard correctly.

they need to start an episode as well with a pit reporter walking up to riders asking proper annunciation of their names, that would be funny, but asking ralph or emig first....who am i talking to?

DEMONDAVE
2/7/2018 11:25am
at least Ralphs better now that's theres no bubba for Ralph to nut swing on every week "hes the fastest man on the planet jeff , just look at him go hes the fastest man on the planet !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
peelout
2/7/2018 11:27am
crackalack wrote:
huge mistake by plessinger crossing the line with 2 seconds left is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever heard from Ralph... actually had...
huge mistake by plessinger crossing the line with 2 seconds left is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever heard from Ralph... actually had to rewatch to ensure i heard correctly.

they need to start an episode as well with a pit reporter walking up to riders asking proper annunciation of their names, that would be funny, but asking ralph or emig first....who am i talking to?

hah, and he had about a 2 second lead at the time. Ralph is a moron, no way around it.
bball35
2/7/2018 11:29am
From what Matthes has said on Pulp they don't have a stat guy in the booth telling Ralph of Jeff stats in their ear during the race. In almost all other live sports they have a stat guy spitting info to the announcers. I don't think yall realize how hard it has to be to come up with numbers when no one is helping.
Forty
2/7/2018 11:40am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 11:41am
bball35 wrote:
From what Matthes has said on Pulp they don't have a stat guy in the booth telling Ralph of Jeff stats in their ear during the...
From what Matthes has said on Pulp they don't have a stat guy in the booth telling Ralph of Jeff stats in their ear during the race. In almost all other live sports they have a stat guy spitting info to the announcers. I don't think yall realize how hard it has to be to come up with numbers when no one is helping.
It is a difficult job, many on here have reminded us of that, there is no disputing that, IMO they should be better at their difficult job than they are, all I suggest is that they put a better product out there than is currently being offered.

If they both listen back to the Oakland broadcast and look at each other and say, "that was sweet, no room for improvement there" then so be it, we are stuck with the current offering and they are satisfied with the quality of their work.

BUT! I don't believe that would be the case, they can do better and I think they know it..

By the way, I could NOT do better then they are, but it's not my job, it's theirs! It has made me think that I may try to call the races this weekend just for the hell of it.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
2/7/2018 11:41am
bball35 wrote:
From what Matthes has said on Pulp they don't have a stat guy in the booth telling Ralph of Jeff stats in their ear during the...
Does that also prevent them from seeing when a rider is intentionally slowing the pace to increase his championship odds?

Fro still won't own up to it!

From his recent Vital QNA:

Last year Vegas 450F main? Did the video screens make it a challenge for you all see Tomac's cat and mouse game with Dungey? What happened with that anaylsis?

I would have to watch the race back again to understand what you are saying about the cat/mouse games that I missed. Great race though!

2/7/2018 12:38pm
bball35 wrote:
Malin doesn't have any help.

Post a reply to: How do Ralph and Jeff still have jobs?

The Latest