How do I watch this sport?

BSmooth13
7/23/2022 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 2:34pm
Simple question. I’ve paid for many services over the years, thought I understood the situation this year, haven’t griped and moaned about it as much as most (despite wanting to), and yet I find myself sitting here on a Saturday evening wanting so badly to watch what’s happened today…but not being able to. Could have sworn MAV+ was good through the 27th but I guess not?

I’m sure I’ll get bashed, etc., but my question is sincere. I just want to know how to watch the sport I’ve come to love as a “casual” (I don’t ride, not since I was 13…so a few decades ago) fan. I’m happy to pay a fair price, all that good stuff. But I want to know how to watch. Can’t always be sitting by the tv when it’s live, some days I’m hoping for a replay in a timely manner.

I honestly just want to watch moto. And for maybe the first time since I’ve really gotten into following the sport in the past 5-8yrs, I don’t know how to do that. So I’m asking for help. I want to watch, I’ll pay, I want to be able to stay connected with the sport by watching the races. Thanks in advance.
|
soggy
7/23/2022 4:57pm
Flo racing
BSmooth13
7/23/2022 5:07pm
Maybe this is where I’m hung up. In the official press release stating the move to Flo, it was said the existing MAVTV+ service would be active through the 27th:

When I went into the app today while racing was happening, the only live option was “MAVTV on Flo” and it was offline. So what am I missing?
CraigCrashes
7/23/2022 5:10pm
Wait a couple hours after the race ends and watch each moto on YouTube, for free, and reliably. Most logical way.
Kampy
7/23/2022 5:12pm
BSmooth13 wrote:
Maybe this is where I’m hung up. In the official press release stating the move to Flo, it was said the existing MAVTV+ service would be...
Maybe this is where I’m hung up. In the official press release stating the move to Flo, it was said the existing MAVTV+ service would be active through the 27th:

When I went into the app today while racing was happening, the only live option was “MAVTV on Flo” and it was offline. So what am I missing?
read the second paragraph on this page... (this is the email that was sent out to all MavTV subscribers on Jul 12)

https://sendlop.com//subscriber/newsletter.php?e2=840281&c=376&h=368&t=…

The Shop

BSmooth13
7/23/2022 5:14pm
Wait a couple hours after the race ends and watch each moto on YouTube, for free, and reliably. Most logical way.
That’s unfortunately been what I’ve done the past couple of races. Think it speaks volumes that it’s our best option this year. I hope whoever has oversight into the series and it’s media decisions understands how much of a step backwards this has been. And maybe has a better plan for next year…I hope.
JJO741
7/23/2022 5:14pm
BSmooth13 wrote:
Maybe this is where I’m hung up. In the official press release stating the move to Flo, it was said the existing MAVTV+ service would be...

They decided it was best practice to just end it sooner and they didn’t even honor that. This whole fiasco has been baffling and I’m not even interested in watching it live anymore. The racing has been great and I just watch the motos on YouTube next day.
BSmooth13
7/23/2022 5:16pm
BSmooth13 wrote:

Kampy wrote:
read the second paragraph on this page... (this is the email that was sent out to all MavTV subscribers on Jul 12)

Thank you for that. I never received that email, or it’s lost somewhere in spam or junk folder maybe - but this is the type of thing I was searching through my inbox for earlier thinking I’d misread the date.

Oh well. Thanks for the info though.
7/23/2022 5:16pm
Well let us ask you this, do you like 720 P and commercials???🫣😂😂
Logan_Ryall
7/23/2022 5:18pm
Get a fire stick or fire tv, download kodi on it and enjoy free live tv,Ppv,movies etc.
Kampy
7/23/2022 5:23pm
BSmooth13 wrote:

Kampy wrote:

BSmooth13 wrote:
Thank you for that. I never received that email, or it’s lost somewhere in spam or junk folder maybe - but this is the type of...
Thank you for that. I never received that email, or it’s lost somewhere in spam or junk folder maybe - but this is the type of thing I was searching through my inbox for earlier thinking I’d misread the date.

Oh well. Thanks for the info though.
yeah... the whole season has been a confusing shit-show. I was as frustrated as you a couple weeks ago. In fact, I'm still not convinced that my MavTV subscription will be automatically cancelled with a partial refund like they are saying, because I have not received clear confirmation of that...

I will say that for the past couple weeks, the FloRacing.com thing has been working well (for me) I like being able to skip forward and back during the live stream. When you sign up for Flo, make sure you use the link that gets it at $6.99/mo

and then I guess we gotta make sure we cancel it after the season is over?

And I still have my old Peacock.tv Premium subscription going because a few of the motos have been on there? Ugh, such a mess...
kNewc
7/23/2022 5:45pm
I added the sport package to Hulu which includes MAVTV. The races have been still playing on it.
lostboy819
7/23/2022 5:48pm
Supercross starts in January, then you can see it live as it happens every Saturday. CoolCool
motomike137
7/23/2022 6:01pm
I'm such a junky that I will still suffer through the live show but I will re-watch on youtube tonight Smile
motomike137
7/23/2022 6:03pm
kNewc wrote:
I added the sport package to Hulu which includes MAVTV. The races have been still playing on it.
How is the resolution on that feed?
7/23/2022 6:21pm
Well let us ask you this, do you like 720 P and commercials???🫣😂😂
720p? I watched 240p today, and was wondering if my VHS recordings of Carlsbad in the early 80s might’ve been clearer than then what I paid for today on Flo, via MavTv. Best season ever! Happy 50th anniversary.
Dave v3.0
7/23/2022 6:22pm
I've always played along and paid for whatever service I had to in order to watch live. This season has finally turned me into a freeloader. I just cannot justify paying for what is being offered. I just find a free stream and watch it now.

In 8 rounds we have gone from "commercial free, streamed live" to "which service this Saturday, who do I pay, how do I get my money back, oh, there's the 2 lap board, we need a commercial break right NOW."

Total amateur hour and embarrassing for the sport. It's a shame because this is the 50th season which should be celebrated and talked about AND we have the best racing in years but the enjoyment factor is way down.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/23/2022 11:10pm
Dave v3.0 wrote:
I've always played along and paid for whatever service I had to in order to watch live. This season has finally turned me into a freeloader...
I've always played along and paid for whatever service I had to in order to watch live. This season has finally turned me into a freeloader. I just cannot justify paying for what is being offered. I just find a free stream and watch it now.

In 8 rounds we have gone from "commercial free, streamed live" to "which service this Saturday, who do I pay, how do I get my money back, oh, there's the 2 lap board, we need a commercial break right NOW."

Total amateur hour and embarrassing for the sport. It's a shame because this is the 50th season which should be celebrated and talked about AND we have the best racing in years but the enjoyment factor is way down.
100% agree. I hate "bootlegging".....but no way they're getting a dime out of me for this.

As was stated earlier in the thread. Watch bootlegs for free on Youtube....FF thru the bullshit.

Boomslang
7/23/2022 11:19pm
Arguably the best Motocross series in the world and it's 2022 with f@cking awesome racing in both classes....and I have to hustle to find a stream.

I'll pay for a Broadcast like SX has or MXGP. DC and whoever else involved didn't just drop the ball...they kicked it away for good measure.

bvm111
7/23/2022 11:35pm

Pit Row

Mick 22
7/24/2022 4:46am
My cable provider has MAV TV and CBS SN.

MAV TV carries all four national motos live.

CBS SN shows the final moto of both MX2 and MXGP, sometimes live, sometimes delayed.
TXDirt
7/24/2022 4:57am
In a move based on the almighty dollar, everything was moved to MavTV. I guess the risk was worth the potential reward.

MavTv offered:

- basic cable service on MavTv
- commercial free subscription offer with MavTv+
- international viewers

The other option was no cable tv service and it had to be on the Peacock app only with a subscription.

The Peacock app has worked great for several years. But having it be subscription only meant it would not be shown on basic cable TV.

The powers that be decided to move all their chips into the middle of the table with MavTv services.

And here we are today….

Mx Sports (DC) is directly responsible for these choices.

The streaming service for this year has been a failure. Should have stayed with Peacock.

It’s not that it wasn’t an option. Peacock wasn’t going to stream it on a cable channel and wanted it subscription only via the peacock app.

That wasn’t enough for the powers that be, and they rolled the dice on MavTv.

Total failure.
Joey_Bridges
7/24/2022 5:04am
If NBC no longer wants to air moto, with the exception of a few choice motos, why does everyone think that it would be available on their streaming service ??
Steve125
7/24/2022 5:10am
Since I'm a MAVTV Plus subscriber that paid for a yearly subscription, My $100 purchase allowed me to watch yesterdays race by rotating through 7 different YouTube channels, and squinting through various Copyright infringement warnings that covered 90% of the screen, with random on and off sound working. When one link became Blocked, I was on to the next.
Such a relaxing and enjoyable Saturday....
Leave Us To
7/24/2022 5:20am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 5:24am
TXDirt wrote:
In a move based on the almighty dollar, everything was moved to MavTV. I guess the risk was worth the potential reward. MavTv offered: - basic...
In a move based on the almighty dollar, everything was moved to MavTV. I guess the risk was worth the potential reward.

MavTv offered:

- international viewers

The other option was no cable tv service and it had to be on the Peacock app only with a subscription.

The Peacock app has worked great for several years. But having it be subscription only meant it would not be shown on basic cable TV.

The powers that be decided to move all their chips into the middle of the table with MavTv services.

And here we are today….

The streaming service for this year has been a failure. Should have stayed with Peacock.

It’s not that it wasn’t an option. Peacock wasn’t going to stream it on a cable channel and wanted it subscription only via the peacock app.

Total failure.
Your post is a total failure. Apparently, you missed the memo about Peacock not being an option this year. Now that Flo is up and running, if people are still having issues watching the races I will go out on a limb and say it is them not the streaming service.

But in 2022 it seems it is fashionable to bitch just to be bitching but worse, making false statements like your "MavTV was a total money grab" is wrong. Cannot believe the amount of negativity of the forum as it didn't use to be like this.
kNewc
7/24/2022 5:42am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 5:43am
kNewc wrote:
How is the resolution on that feed?
1080p and super smooth! Although I will say, it "lags" on my XBONE Series X for some reason. Weird frame rate issues. But on the Hulu App on the Sony tv I have it works great. I'll switch to Flo if it ever stops playing in Hulu. I record all the races through Hulu and then can watch them back without having to rely on Flo or Mav.
S.Loyer
7/24/2022 5:44am
Live timing, bench race thread and twitter
TXDirt
7/24/2022 7:14am
TXDirt wrote:
In a move based on the almighty dollar, everything was moved to MavTV. I guess the risk was worth the potential reward. MavTv offered: - basic...

MavTv offered:

- international viewers

And here we are today….

Total failure.
Your post is a total failure. Apparently, you missed the memo about Peacock not being an option this year. Now that Flo is up and running...
Your post is a total failure. Apparently, you missed the memo about Peacock not being an option this year. Now that Flo is up and running, if people are still having issues watching the races I will go out on a limb and say it is them not the streaming service.

But in 2022 it seems it is fashionable to bitch just to be bitching but worse, making false statements like your "MavTV was a total money grab" is wrong. Cannot believe the amount of negativity of the forum as it didn't use to be like this.
Peacock wanted it to be streaming only with a subscription. No cable tv option. The powers that be think it still needs to be on terrestrial tv.

MavTv solved this. It could be shown on MavTv (cable tv) and it could also be watched commercial free via a paid subscription with the MavTv+ app. And it would be available to international viewers.

The Peacock option was only going to be via a paid subscription. With no motos on cable tv. And no international viewers.

Stop saying Peacock wasn’t an option.

Hindsight we now see MavTv was a total disaster. And now we have to signup with completely sketchy FloTv mid season.
FastEddy
7/24/2022 7:16am
I watch many of the free youtube streams.
Mossy940
7/24/2022 7:25am
TXDirt wrote:

MavTv offered:

- international viewers

And here we are today….

Total failure.
Your post is a total failure. Apparently, you missed the memo about Peacock not being an option this year. Now that Flo is up and running...

Of all the posts in here - YOUR post is the total failure

Peacock was an option, just not an option MxSports wanted to entertain. I can’t speak for Davy and family, but I can assure you in this very moment he would give up his left nut to start the season over with Peacock.

And your assumption that the issues Floracing is experiencing is user error is fucking bananas.
100% there is some user error, can’t argue with that….,
but the part where I’m sitting on my couch with full WiFi, on a new iPhone, watching Flo and the stream just cuts out to the point I miss the start of race 1 is NOT user error.
My story isn’t isolated, it’s the majority. Flo knows it, Davy knows it, and MavTV knew it….I at least give Mav credit for admitting they couldn’t hack it.

Anyways, off your high horse
KennyT
7/24/2022 7:28am
I have direct tv and have watched every moto this year with no glitches and fast forward for commercial free viewing

Post a reply to: How do I watch this sport?

The Latest

The Latest