How come I'm seeing so many comments on Dungey.....

dirtnapper
... being "rattled", or "shook up" or "bothered" by the Roczen crash?? Huh

This comes up extremely often in these discussions the past few weeks. I know he seemed a little on edge at the press conference after it happened, but genuinely curious why so many of you think he is so affected by it?

What about RV in St Louis 2010?
What about Trey in LA 2012?
What about Chad in Texas 2012?
What about James Stewart in Anaheim 2016?

I mean really - Dunge was there for all of those nasty crashes - what makes Kennys so different?
|
2/19/2017 10:32pm
Timing....heading towards retirement and family life. I don't think it's about that though, think he is just clicking off the rounds and keeping on the podium.
2/20/2017 12:19am
I'm not sure why, but when Kenny crashed it seemed to me that a lot of people acted like the entire sport got flipped upside down. He's not the first champion to get a very serious injury and won't be the last.
APLMAN99
2/20/2017 2:19pm
I really think that Dungey and Roczen have more of a "relationship" than it may seem. Obviously they're competitors, but I get the feeling that Ken was sort of a "little brother" in some respects to Ryan. Not sure that the same type of relationship existed with those others, and it isn't really a "rational" thing at all, of course.
USMCMXer
2/20/2017 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 2:50pm
Anybody notice he tagged @teamdrg in his latest IG post? Don't seem to remember him working with/needing Dr G in the past, nor do I remember him tagging him or thanking him, that is usually IT9 or Cooper Webb. I think he's nursing something...

The Shop

jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
2/20/2017 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 3:03pm
For hypothetical purposes, let's say you are correct about Dungey being affected by Roczen's injury. Maybe Roczen's get-off is not the singular reason for his alleged intensity issues. It could be that it simply adds to the culmination of the previous events you mentioned.

One gallon of water doesn't fill a 5 gallon tank. But if you dump in 5... well, you know what I mean.
davistld01
2/20/2017 3:59pm
I think ya'll have this "Roczen's Crash In Dungey's Head" blown way out of proportion. I do think Ryan sees the light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is retiring from the grind with a beautiful wife, a family, with a full bank account in Minnesota. I think he is doing what he always does, quietly maintaining a points lead until the end and letting all the other guys beat themselves up.
APLMAN99
2/20/2017 4:28pm
jnickell wrote:
For hypothetical purposes, let's say you are correct about Dungey being affected by Roczen's injury. Maybe Roczen's get-off is not the singular reason for his alleged...
For hypothetical purposes, let's say you are correct about Dungey being affected by Roczen's injury. Maybe Roczen's get-off is not the singular reason for his alleged intensity issues. It could be that it simply adds to the culmination of the previous events you mentioned.

One gallon of water doesn't fill a 5 gallon tank. But if you dump in 5... well, you know what I mean.
I think he may have dumped in 4.95 last season alone with his own broken neck.......

If it were strictly Roczen's crash, it might not have much of an effect. Throw in things like Jessy Nelson and his own injuries, and it isn't difficult to believe that one's mortality feels more real than it used to....
Fourth_Floor
2/20/2017 8:34pm
He is getting paid to lose. The powers to be saw everyone handing him the championship after Roczen got hurt and feared no one would watch or go to the rest of the races if it was going to be snooze fest. Just kidding.

Seriously though, Roczens crash isnt in his or anyone that lines up on the gates head. It takes a special type of person to make it that far in a grueling sport like that. All those guys are mentally tough as nails. If they werent they would be working normal jobs posting dumb shit on vital. There probably isnt very many elite level racers that hasnt had a close friend, family member, etc suffer a life altering injury due to this sport.
tprice07
2/20/2017 8:52pm
Roczen's crash is definitely in Dungey's head. Don't kid yourself.

He was in a good position last year in points and still pushed for wins. Not the same dude after Roczens crash. He started to turn it on in round two and pushed it. That next weekend was working up to see what he had for Roczen. Dungey was ready to throw it down when needed. When Roczen went down like that he knew it could have just as easily been him.

This sport is scary. Sometimes these guys seem to forget. Dungey has a wife and pry soon kids. The money and prestige don't matter when you are thinking about that. He wants to be alive and well for the day he becomes a father.

He will retire this year. Stamp it.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/20/2017 9:14pm
tprice07 wrote:
Roczen's crash is definitely in Dungey's head. Don't kid yourself. He was in a good position last year in points and still pushed for wins. Not...

He was in a good position last year in points and still pushed for wins. Not the same dude after Roczens crash. He started to turn it on in round two and pushed it. That next weekend was working up to see what he had for Roczen. Dungey was ready to throw it down when needed. When Roczen went down like that he knew it could have just as easily been him.

This sport is scary. Sometimes these guys seem to forget. Dungey has a wife and pry soon kids. The money and prestige don't matter when you are thinking about that. He wants to be alive and well for the day he becomes a father.

You must be miss Cleo to know what Dungeys thinking. Woohoo

ledger
2/20/2017 9:54pm
Could possibly be non moto related, I'm fairly certain he has a personal life.
hoots3pak
2/20/2017 9:56pm
Does it matter? He's been a great Champ, had a great career. Maybe he has hit the end . But , everyone does. He doesn't have to tell us ,it's not worth the risk anymore. He's one of the greats man. He's been fast , extremely fast for years. When does it end.

BobbyM
2/20/2017 10:25pm
dirtnapper wrote:
... being "rattled", or "shook up" or "bothered" by the Roczen crash?? :huh: This comes up extremely often in these discussions the past few weeks. I...
... being "rattled", or "shook up" or "bothered" by the Roczen crash?? Huh

This comes up extremely often in these discussions the past few weeks. I know he seemed a little on edge at the press conference after it happened, but genuinely curious why so many of you think he is so affected by it?

What about RV in St Louis 2010?
What about Trey in LA 2012?
What about Chad in Texas 2012?
What about James Stewart in Anaheim 2016?

I mean really - Dunge was there for all of those nasty crashes - what makes Kennys so different?
Nothing, these Mouthbreathers don't know Dungey and they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
IWreckALot
2/21/2017 5:30am
Dungey's post race interview was a bit odd to me in Minneapolis. He seemed bothered by something. Can't say what it was, but it was a bit atypical of Dungey to lose second place that late in a race, and a bit of an odd interview.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/21/2017 9:09am
tprice07 wrote:
Roczen's crash is definitely in Dungey's head. Don't kid yourself. He was in a good position last year in points and still pushed for wins. Not...

lostboy819 wrote:
You must be miss Cleo to know what Dungeys thinking. :woohoo: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/20/177531/s1200_Cleo5.jpg[/img]
You must be miss Cleo to know what Dungeys thinking. Woohoo

So pumped that Cleo is posting here!!
Flip109
2/21/2017 9:10am
Roczens arm is so bad. I'm sure after that crap Dungey can't wait to get his money this season and gtfo
dirtnapper
2/21/2017 6:32pm
Flip109 wrote:
Roczens arm is so bad. I'm sure after that crap Dungey can't wait to get his money this season and gtfo
I still don't know why everyone is saying this...... Dry

Dungey was the points leader in '12 when Canard broke his back in three places at the LA SX. I would think a mangled back was pretty bad also.

Seems like theres a lot of 'Miss Cleos" around here lately for sure........

Post a reply to: How come I'm seeing so many comments on Dungey.....

The Latest