How can Cairoli have the red plate?

Sideways
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2018 9:40pm
Ac and herlings has the same amount of points,but AC now has the red plate because he won the last race. But i think thats strange. Herlings has two overall GP victories and AC only one.

When riders have equal points in a GP, the rider with the best position in the last moto will get the overall. So Lets take it as far as possible, If AC wins every first moto for the rest of the season, and Herlings wins the 2nd moto for the rest of the season,except the last GP where they switch places and AC wins 2nd moto. Herlings will have 18 overall GP wins and Cairoli only 2 but he wins the title because he won the last race? That makes no sense.. is this correct?
|
Sideways
3/28/2018 8:33am
TDeath21 wrote:
They both have the red plate.
No they dont. AC has it because he won the last race. What if this was the last race of the season? Cairoli would be the champion.
jeffro503
3/28/2018 8:50am
Honestly , that doesn't make any sense. I think Herlings " should " be carrying the red plate , with 2 O/A victories compared to AC's single O/A. Even if they are tied on points , you would think the nod would go to Jeffrey on this?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/28/2018 8:53am
Still think they should both have it since they are tied on points. How do you tell new fans that 1st and 2nd are tied on points but this guy has the red plate because he won the last race? It doesn't make sense.

The Shop

DoubleA
3/28/2018 8:58am
He is what FIM rules state for motocross regarding number plate colours. Cairolli is leading the championship as he won the last moto.

Sideways
3/28/2018 8:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
Honestly , that doesn't make any sense. I think Herlings " should " be carrying the red plate , with 2 O/A victories compared to AC's...
Honestly , that doesn't make any sense. I think Herlings " should " be carrying the red plate , with 2 O/A victories compared to AC's single O/A. Even if they are tied on points , you would think the nod would go to Jeffrey on this?
Exactly, That would be the most logical if you ask me.
3/28/2018 9:00am
Sideways wrote:
No they dont. AC has it because he won the last race. What if this was the last race of the season? Cairoli would be the...
No they dont. AC has it because he won the last race. What if this was the last race of the season? Cairoli would be the champion.
Cairoli is the champion.
Robgvx
3/28/2018 9:02am
The most logical option to me is that they both carry it. And if you’re picky, only one of them for the second moto.
mx317
3/28/2018 9:04am
They are sharing the red plate because they are tied in points. They don't have to worry about a tie breaker until the end of the season.
Sideways
3/28/2018 9:04am
DoubleA wrote:
He is what FIM rules state for motocross regarding number plate colours. Cairolli is leading the championship as he won the last moto. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/28/252317/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
He is what FIM rules state for motocross regarding number plate colours. Cairolli is leading the championship as he won the last moto.

I know the rules but i dont think its right. In my extreme example above, They end the season with the exact same amount of points. But herlings has won 18 overall GPs and Cairoli only 2. But Cairoli wins the championship because he won the last moto.

Theres a very small chance that this will happen but if it would. I would not think its right. 18 overall wins vs 2 overall
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/28/2018 9:07am
Sideways wrote:
Ac and herlings has the same amount of points,but AC now has the red plate because he won the last race. But i think thats strange...
Ac and herlings has the same amount of points,but AC now has the red plate because he won the last race. But i think thats strange. Herlings has two overall GP victories and AC only one.

When riders have equal points in a GP, the rider with the best position in the last moto will get the overall. So Lets take it as far as possible, If AC wins every first moto for the rest of the season, and Herlings wins the 2nd moto for the rest of the season,except the last GP where they switch places and AC wins 2nd moto. Herlings will have 18 overall GP wins and Cairoli only 2 but he wins the title because he won the last race? That makes no sense.. is this correct?
Interesting and pretty shitty
HenryA
3/28/2018 9:08am
You're only as good as your last race Wink
Sideways
3/28/2018 9:09am
mx317 wrote:
They are sharing the red plate because they are tied in points. They don't have to worry about a tie breaker until the end of the...
They are sharing the red plate because they are tied in points. They don't have to worry about a tie breaker until the end of the season.
They are NOT sharing the red plate. AC has it and is in fact leading the championship. If the season where to end now, Ac would be the champion even though he has one less overall victory.
mx317
3/28/2018 9:10am
They use overall wins to break a tie at the end. After that they would go to how many seconds if they are tied for overall wins, then thirds and so on. If they are tied on everything, it would go to the last moto as someone had to finish ahead of the other in the last moto.
mx317
3/28/2018 9:10am
mx317 wrote:
They are sharing the red plate because they are tied in points. They don't have to worry about a tie breaker until the end of the...
Sideways wrote:
They are NOT sharing the red plate. AC has it and is in fact leading the championship. If the season where to end now, Ac would...
They are NOT sharing the red plate. AC has it and is in fact leading the championship. If the season where to end now, Ac would be the champion even though he has one less overall victory.
No
Sideways
3/28/2018 9:13am
mx317 wrote:
They use overall wins to break a tie at the end. After that they would go to how many seconds if they are tied for overall...
They use overall wins to break a tie at the end. After that they would go to how many seconds if they are tied for overall wins, then thirds and so on. If they are tied on everything, it would go to the last moto as someone had to finish ahead of the other in the last moto.
So in my scenario above Herlings would be the champion because he has more overall wins?
ATKpilot99
3/28/2018 9:14am
On a sidenote I think they should go back to the green backgrounds they used to run in the 250 class.
mx317
3/28/2018 9:17am
mx317 wrote:
They use overall wins to break a tie at the end. After that they would go to how many seconds if they are tied for overall...
Sideways wrote:
So in my scenario above Herlings would be the champion because he has more overall wins?
If it was the last race of the season.
500guy
3/28/2018 9:18am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
On a sidenote I think they should go back to the green backgrounds they used to run in the 250 class.
With a Black "M" / Claw too!
Sideways
3/28/2018 9:22am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 9:23am
mx317 wrote:
Sideways wrote:
mx317 wrote:
If it was the last race of the season.
Ok thank you for clearing that up and thats how it should be!

Not that it really matters but I think Herlings SHOULD have the red plate coming in to italy considering the info we just got here. Smile
3/28/2018 9:34am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 9:37am
jeffro503 wrote:
Honestly , that doesn't make any sense. I think Herlings " should " be carrying the red plate , with 2 O/A victories compared to AC's...
Overalls have nothing to do with points standings. Ever. When points are tied, the tie is broken like so:

1. Most wins (tied)
2. Most seconds (tied)
3. Most thirds/fourths/fifths/etc ("N/A" for both, so effectively tied)
4. Best finish in the last moto run.

Cairoli wins.

This only applies because we're only three events in. Ties don't get broken this way after 40 motos.

TXDirt
3/28/2018 9:49am
Sideways wrote:
Ac and herlings has the same amount of points,but AC now has the red plate because he won the last race. But i think thats strange...

crusty_xx wrote:
Interesting and pretty shitty
The US series is the same in the fact each moto counts as 25 points and really the overall is meaningless apparently. It's possible that someone with 11 overall wins and one second overall would lose the championship to a guy with one overall and 11 second overalls during the series.

Interesting isn't it...

Here is an old thread about that exact situation.
kongols
3/28/2018 9:51am
I just went through FIM rule book and it says nothing about overalls. If Herlings wins 18 overalls and Cairoli just 2 but wins last moto and it`s tied, Cairoli is champion. Weird world.
mx317
3/28/2018 10:06am
Rule book just says wins. So now I'm not sure if it's motos or overall to break a tie. I know they count the amount of firsts and if they are tied they go to seconds, thirds and so on. Either way they should both have the red plate as they are tied in points and it's not the end.
Sideways
3/28/2018 10:06am
kongols wrote:
I just went through FIM rule book and it says nothing about overalls. If Herlings wins 18 overalls and Cairoli just 2 but wins last moto...
I just went through FIM rule book and it says nothing about overalls. If Herlings wins 18 overalls and Cairoli just 2 but wins last moto and it`s tied, Cairoli is champion. Weird world.
So mx317 is wrong? I was hoping he was right because that would makes most sense.
RG1
3/28/2018 10:15am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 10:16am
I'm fairly certain it goes on race wins, then 2nd places etc. in the event of a tie break for a championship. Both riders currently have 3 wins and 3 2nd's. So if the championship ended now it would go down to the last race and Cairoli would be champion. It makes sense for him to have the red plate. Having two red plate holders is dumb because there can't be 2 champions
moto0852
3/28/2018 10:23am
Sideways wrote:

The rules are pretty straightforward. Whoever has the most "badassery" get's the plate. Tony is King Badass
DeStouwer
3/28/2018 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2018 1:32am
Overalls have nothing to do with points standings. Ever. When points are tied, the tie is broken like so: 1. Most wins (tied) 2. Most seconds...
Overalls have nothing to do with points standings. Ever. When points are tied, the tie is broken like so:

1. Most wins (tied)
2. Most seconds (tied)

Cairoli wins.

This only applies because we're only three events in. Ties don't get broken this way after 40 motos.

This. Don't make it more difficult as it actually is guys Laughing People find a reason to whine about anything. Who cares who runs the red plate after 3 GP's? The only time when it's important is after 20 anyway.
Sideways
3/28/2018 11:08pm
Overalls have nothing to do with points standings. Ever. When points are tied, the tie is broken like so: 1. Most wins (tied) 2. Most seconds...

1. Most wins (tied)
2. Most seconds (tied)

Cairoli wins.

DeStouwer wrote:
This. Don't make it more difficult as it actually is guys :laugh: People find a reason to whine about anything. Who cares who runs the red...
This. Don't make it more difficult as it actually is guys Laughing People find a reason to whine about anything. Who cares who runs the red plate after 3 GP's? The only time when it's important is after 20 anyway.
Im not whining dude.. and i dont care who runs the red plate right now. It was a serious question about who the winner of the championship would be if they would keep getting 1st and 2nd the entire season.

But im glad i got my question answered!
Robgvx
3/29/2018 12:38am
RG1 wrote:
I'm fairly certain it goes on race wins, then 2nd places etc. in the event of a tie break for a championship. Both riders currently have...
I'm fairly certain it goes on race wins, then 2nd places etc. in the event of a tie break for a championship. Both riders currently have 3 wins and 3 2nd's. So if the championship ended now it would go down to the last race and Cairoli would be champion. It makes sense for him to have the red plate. Having two red plate holders is dumb because there can't be 2 champions
Red plate signifies points leader, not champion (unless its round 1). They’re tied so both are leading the points. It’d be two red plates for me if I was the boss.

Post a reply to: How can Cairoli have the red plate?

The Latest