How bout that Yamaha 450?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2018 10:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 10:28 PM

Everybody on the 450 podium had the magic button. That is all.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

1/6/2018 10:37 PM

C'mon, even with that button, how could that pig get on the podium? hmm, Webb might not have the answer.

|

1/6/2018 10:41 PM

Props to Peick on a solid ride though. Barcia looked like he did in 2014 - a top 3 rider. He actually rode smart because he knows he can compete again. Biggest difference has to be the bike. First time we have seen him legitimately competitive in a LONG time. Props to the Yamaha team.

|

1/6/2018 10:43 PM

Man, look at that POS Pig on the podium!!! Hmmmm maybe it isn’t such a POS pig after all? But Vital said it was... I’m so confused now :/

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/6/2018 10:54 PM

How's about Barcia riding pretty calm for 20 odd laps... amazing!

He would have kept 2nd and possibly had a shot at the win too if he hadn't lost his mind diving to the inside when Marv passed him. He clean forgot about the finish line.

Stoked for him, was on my fantasy roster too!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/6/2018 11:04 PM

Yea he started to get a little sloppy, but then recovered nicely and kept Anderson honest. Now he knows that it takes. I'm all of a sudden a Barcia fan.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

1/7/2018 9:06 AM

I knew barcia still had it in him!

|

1/7/2018 9:09 AM

Wow. How do you go from qualifying 15th and getting 10-13th every SX race with JGR to getting 3rd. First good SX race he’s had since Honda days. Barcia is back

|

1/7/2018 9:10 AM

Crush wrote:

How's about Barcia riding pretty calm for 20 odd laps... amazing!

He would have kept 2nd and possibly had a shot at the win too if he hadn't lost his mind diving to the inside when Marv passed him. He clean forgot about the finish line.

Stoked for him, was on my fantasy roster too!

Yeah that was a stupid move. He maybe could’ve followed Marv then went for a pass but after that move he lost it all but he kept calm and kept ando right there the rest of the race

|

1/7/2018 9:15 AM

Barcia made it look pretty easy. Happy for him and for Yamaha.

|

1/7/2018 9:36 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Wow. How do you go from qualifying 15th and getting 10-13th every SX race with JGR to getting 3rd. First good SX race he’s had since Honda days. Barcia is back

He finally have a bike that he gels with. All about that. I bet he has more to come if he can dial that bike in some more.
Look at Hill, jesus he is going to struggle this year on the Suzuki.

|

1/7/2018 9:44 AM

That platform is 9 years old

Heard it on Pulp

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/7/2018 9:56 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Wow. How do you go from qualifying 15th and getting 10-13th every SX race with JGR to getting 3rd. First good SX race he’s had since Honda days. Barcia is back

He's healthy and had a good off season. Anytime that Barcia has had some consecutive racing and riding, he slowly gains speed and confidence until he has another set back. Barcia has always had it and always will. It's the fickle fans that don't understand how easy it is to go from 3rd to 13th.

|

1/7/2018 10:02 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Wow. How do you go from qualifying 15th and getting 10-13th every SX race with JGR to getting 3rd. First good SX race he’s had since Honda days. Barcia is back

aees wrote:

He finally have a bike that he gels with. All about that. I bet he has more to come if he can dial that bike in some more.
Look at Hill, jesus he is going to struggle this year on the Suzuki.

Ya. Hill didn’t look good at all. And needs to figure out how to get out of the gate on that bike.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/7/2018 10:06 AM

Pumped for Barcia. Looked like he got a little tight when he got the lead but, caught a second wind and finished pretty close to Anderson. Great ride!

|

1/7/2018 12:23 PM

I was sitting behind Millsaps and his family during the race. I was wondering what he was thinking watching Barcia ride so well. What happens after 6 races if he keeps this pace up? Do they add a 3rd rider since Barcia is the best thay have?

|

1/7/2018 2:11 PM

All you guys saying this is because of the bike.... Probably has more to do with the mental side of racing. I believe almost every 450 in the main is good enough to win. You just need a rider capable of putting it there.

|

1/7/2018 2:43 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

All you guys saying this is because of the bike.... Probably has more to do with the mental side of racing. I believe almost every 450 in the main is good enough to win. You just need a rider capable of putting it there.

It is not about "the bike", it is about rider+bike shall work.
Can promise you Roczen on stews bike would not be top 5. Look at Hill, 7th 1sec off Shane.

When you are chasing 500-1000ms I can promise you details matter.

You think it was Barcias mindset, or bike change that put him on podium compared to monster energy cup results?

|

1/7/2018 2:50 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

All you guys saying this is because of the bike.... Probably has more to do with the mental side of racing. I believe almost every 450 in the main is good enough to win. You just need a rider capable of putting it there.

Ha, if he did crappy along with Webb finishing were he did everyone would be saying that blue pig is the same as before!

|

1/7/2018 3:21 PM

Its still a pretty dam heavy bike...the previous generation a 2015 i rode felt like i was riding a street bike

|

1/7/2018 3:33 PM

I was there and watched Barcia start to reel Anderson back in. Middle of the race I thought he'd slide off the podium as Kroc was closing in. Genuine speed and endurance. As for pig, I bet Barcias bike is right up on the weight limit. Production pig maybe, factory not quite.

|

1/7/2018 3:54 PM

motomx88 wrote:

I was sitting behind Millsaps and his family during the race. I was wondering what he was thinking watching Barcia ride so well. What happens after 6 races if he keeps this pace up? Do they add a 3rd rider since Barcia is the best thay have?

If Barcia keeps riding like he did last night, no way in hell Yamaha lets him go. Who in their right mind would drop your highest placing rider.

|