How bad does the marvin hate get at red bud?

kb228
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 9:00pm
Do we see the marv hire the secret service for saturday?
|
303MX
7/3/2018 12:42pm
If Marv gets shit, so should Tomac... Afterall, ET3 didn't want to represent the US in last year's Motocross of Nations and a lot of people saw that as pretty unpatriotic.
neysbo
7/3/2018 12:45pm
I dont think it will be bad unless he takes Tomac out again. RedBud fans love great racing and most are so hammered they dont care ....LOL
7/3/2018 12:46pm
This will sound dumb but I’ve been known to speak before thinking - motocross needs a little spark from the riders - not talking about Over the Top spark like wearing feather boas and stuff but if I was Marvin I’d like to think I’d heckle them right back ALA Andy Kauffman. Motocross is a funny sport in the sense that the riders try so hard to be perfect in their interviews and end up sounding like pull-string robots - when in reality they are first class warriors partaking in a rigorous and competitive sport not far from gladiatorial battles of old (sans swords, tigers, etc). Tell it like it is like Hannah can/could - learn how to work a crowd. But back to topic - Marvin will possibly keep getting boos but really has nothing to worry about and I wish him well. if the boo birds would only stop and think - what would the 450 Nats look like without him? Hint: Boring!

The Shop

MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
7/3/2018 12:52pm
Just might get boo’d all the way into road racing, either way the dudes got stacks
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
7/3/2018 12:57pm
everybody I know loves muskin
BR8ES
7/3/2018 12:58pm
So long as he doesn't try or make any passes deemed inappropriate in this forum, he will be fine.
aeffertz
7/3/2018 1:00pm
dsmith wrote:
everybody I know loves muskin
Same.

A few sticks in the mud booing Marvin as he goes by isn’t anything out of the ordinary. from what I’ve seen on video Marvin was still getting cheers up on the podium.
7/3/2018 1:20pm
I think we'll see the issues taper off. Keep in mind that Foxborough was the race that Marv got into Eli; so needless to say the Southwick fans hadn't forgotten.
7/3/2018 1:28pm
On the Pulp show Marv said the haters motivate him, so maybe for our sake it's a good thing? The racing between him and Tomac has been outstanding.

Truthfully I hope it stops though, the guy's an amazing rider and is putting on a show for us every week, the past few races would have been pretty boring without him.
twotwosix
7/3/2018 1:35pm
There was a pack of guys next to us at the podium at Muddy Creek booing him. Funny thing was, they were cheering for Ferrandis.
hamncheeze
7/3/2018 1:43pm
The hate will be nothing compared to what the country of France is about to unleash on Chris Froome Evil I bet he has urine thrown at him at least once in this Tour de France.
peelout
7/3/2018 1:52pm
hamncheeze wrote:
The hate will be nothing compared to what the country of France is about to unleash on Chris Froome :evil: I bet he has urine thrown...
The hate will be nothing compared to what the country of France is about to unleash on Chris Froome Evil I bet he has urine thrown at him at least once in this Tour de France.
*OF
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/3/2018 2:08pm
Are we going to do this every week? Who gives a shit? I've never boo'd anyone and kinda look sideways at those that do, but at the same time I realize a passionate fan base is good for the sport.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/3/2018 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 2:32pm
Like someone said, Marv needs to embrace it. Maybe not rub it in everyone’s face, by he needs at least a couple of good takeouts (Zach Osborne or Tyler Bowers style) on American riders (considering he hasn’t really done anything so far). Either way, he’s the bad guy for some of these paint-sniffin, gun powder-eatin, snake-handlin, backwoods MX fans.
Ing
7/3/2018 2:24pm
I'll be cheering him as loud as I can in front of my TV screen. Marvin has always been one of my favorites.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/3/2018 3:12pm
I think it's already gotten a lot better for Marv.

Rivalries are good. It's what makes people watch. Just don't go full WWE...
Shiftfaced
7/3/2018 3:36pm
I have always liked Canard, but when he told the knuckle-draggers to quit booing Pourcel, I thought the world of him.

“He is a World Champion, for goodness sake!”
MR. X
7/3/2018 3:39pm
Booooooooo to this thread !!!! Boooooooooooooo!!!!
SPODEBOY
7/3/2018 5:09pm

The majority of fans are not enthusiast like y'all here. They are fickle. They will forget this soon enough.

There was a time when RC got booed so loud for colliding with TP that he could not talk on the podium. He left the track and people threw trash at him as he went under the tunnel at Anaheim. CR, JS and just about all top guys have been booed at one time or another. We've also seen some idiot fans holding up signs for JS that had racial slurs on them.

The booing really reflects on the booer not the rider in many cases. Specially in this case. Just swap Ely for Marv in that chop pass and there would be no boos at all.
Myrz
7/3/2018 6:06pm
Stupid thread. This is our sport and we shouldn't be booing any of our riders! Were all in this together!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/3/2018 7:38pm
On the Pulp show Marv said the haters motivate him, so maybe for our sake it's a good thing? The racing between him and Tomac has...
On the Pulp show Marv said the haters motivate him, so maybe for our sake it's a good thing? The racing between him and Tomac has been outstanding.

Truthfully I hope it stops though, the guy's an amazing rider and is putting on a show for us every week, the past few races would have been pretty boring without him.
I don't know if I buy the whole motivation thing from Marv. Maybe it does provide a little extra motivation, but I just don't see it in his riding (as in he's not as aggressive as he was in SX). Case in point Marv has had multiple opportunities to lay it in on Tomac again the same way he did in Foxborough, yet he hasn't even come close to making that kind of a move again. Seems to me that if he really believed there was nothing wrong with it, he would be doing it more yet he hasn't and he's not. Seems like he learned something from the experience. Of note, Tomac has had chances to lay it in hard on Marv too and he hasn't done it. Very clean riding from both. And we know Tomac isn't afraid to retaliate for a move he doesn't care for.

I'm a big advocate that actions speak louder than words. Marv looks plenty motivated, but not as motivated as he was in FB.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/3/2018 7:43pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
The majority of fans are not enthusiast like y'all here. They are fickle. They will forget this soon enough. There was a time when RC got...

The majority of fans are not enthusiast like y'all here. They are fickle. They will forget this soon enough.

There was a time when RC got booed so loud for colliding with TP that he could not talk on the podium. He left the track and people threw trash at him as he went under the tunnel at Anaheim. CR, JS and just about all top guys have been booed at one time or another. We've also seen some idiot fans holding up signs for JS that had racial slurs on them.

The booing really reflects on the booer not the rider in many cases. Specially in this case. Just swap Ely for Marv in that chop pass and there would be no boos at all.
I sat next to a guy (who was a total doucher BTW) at the Vegas SX that literally Boo'd Tomac every lap of the heat and main event - every time he went by, he boo'd him. I asked why he was boo'ing Tomac and he said because of the incident with Marv and how he handled it. i highly doubt there wouldn't be any boo'ing had the tables been turned. Maybe not as much boo'ing, but fanboys will be fanboys.
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
7/3/2018 8:05pm
twotwosix wrote:
There was a pack of guys next to us at the podium at Muddy Creek booing him. Funny thing was, they were cheering for Ferrandis.
So we can rule it out being racially motivated and see it’s more of a people just don’t like marv thing?
7/3/2018 8:26pm
twotwosix wrote:
Fresh wrote:
So we can rule it out being racially motivated and see it’s more of a people just don’t like marv thing?
Absolutely, because France / French people are not a race. They are caucasian.
wreckitrandy
7/3/2018 8:54pm
Great day people... Even golfers get booed. What kind of light weight sport is this turning into? Can we not cheer our favorites and boo their rivals out of fear of offending someone? Are we that blame pansyfied? Ya'll are like a bunch of soccer players rolling around on the ground pretending to be hurt. Oh, my feelings,,, they're broken...

Post a reply to: How bad does the marvin hate get at red bud?

The Latest