How about those Yamahas....

Thrasher mechanical DNFl, Plessinger mechanical DNF, and now the 14 smoking....I remember people talking shit on the Vohland's KTM earlier in the year at Pala:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Vohland-Ktm-bummer,13913…

Well, just proof all bikes can shit the bed. Even the indestructible, unbeatable, most powerful, most reliable, Star Yamahas
|
7/10/2021 1:35pm
Well Ferrandis is still looking like he will get the overall, so there's that. I'm surprised Plessinger even did the interview. He looked so pissed.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
7/10/2021 2:01pm
The blue pig won 4 out of 5 races and when it didn’t win it got 2nd. And manufactures haven’t made it to the box once yet…
Talisker
7/10/2021 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 2:04pm
Just one of those things that happens. Good riding by Ferrandis to bring it home....
7/10/2021 2:05pm
Bring back Wil Hahn!

The Shop

7/10/2021 2:21pm
dv12.com wrote:
The blue pig won 4 out of 5 races and when it didn’t win it got 2nd. And manufactures haven’t made it to the box once...
The blue pig won 4 out of 5 races and when it didn’t win it got 2nd. And manufactures haven’t made it to the box once yet…
What happened in Supercross where the nickname "Blue Pig" originated? There was definitely a new and improved Star bike for '21 SX but it was still a Blue Pig considering your rider went from struggling indoors to dominating outdoors. Completely different rider outdoors, and I feel Dylan is just as good indoors as he proved on the 250.

The Yamaha has never struggled outdoors so I'm not sure why people are surprised it's the bike to beat right now. As for indoors, we'll see what happens in '22. If Star has the bike sorted out for SX next year I expect to see your rider at the front and the nickname Blue Pig will be put to rest once and for all. If not next year, then hopefully the all new '23 Yamaha will do the job indoors.
7/10/2021 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 2:43pm
I can't imagine caring if a certain manufacturer's bike doesn't do well. And seemingly rooting for it to do poorly. It's pretty weird
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/10/2021 2:49pm
You Yamaha haters are worse than the KTM nuthuggers. Just STFU. These bikes are all good now and any of them can win indoors or out.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
7/10/2021 2:49pm
What happened in Supercross where the nickname "Blue Pig" originated? There was definitely a new and improved Star bike for '21 SX but it was still...
What happened in Supercross where the nickname "Blue Pig" originated? There was definitely a new and improved Star bike for '21 SX but it was still a Blue Pig considering your rider went from struggling indoors to dominating outdoors. Completely different rider outdoors, and I feel Dylan is just as good indoors as he proved on the 250.

The Yamaha has never struggled outdoors so I'm not sure why people are surprised it's the bike to beat right now. As for indoors, we'll see what happens in '22. If Star has the bike sorted out for SX next year I expect to see your rider at the front and the nickname Blue Pig will be put to rest once and for all. If not next year, then hopefully the all new '23 Yamaha will do the job indoors.
Isn’t Grant Langston the last Yamaha rider to win a MX title? Who was the last Yamaha rider being a contender outdoors in 450? I seriously can’t think of one but could be wrong. GL was on the carburated bike and old generation model before the EFI & backwards engine…
7/10/2021 2:56pm
What happened in Supercross where the nickname "Blue Pig" originated? There was definitely a new and improved Star bike for '21 SX but it was still...

dv12.com wrote:
Isn’t Grant Langston the last Yamaha rider to win a MX title? Who was the last Yamaha rider being a contender outdoors in 450? I seriously...
Isn’t Grant Langston the last Yamaha rider to win a MX title? Who was the last Yamaha rider being a contender outdoors in 450? I seriously can’t think of one but could be wrong. GL was on the carburated bike and old generation model before the EFI & backwards engine…
You would know better than I, but I don't recall the riders talking as much smack on the bike outdoors as they do indoors. I would bet the 450 has had better results outdoors but I could be wrong. The majority of the Blue Pig talk has been about it's SX results.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/10/2021 2:58pm
You would know better than I, but I don't recall the riders talking as much smack on the bike outdoors as they do indoors. I would...
You would know better than I, but I don't recall the riders talking as much smack on the bike outdoors as they do indoors. I would bet the 450 has had better results outdoors but I could be wrong. The majority of the Blue Pig talk has been about it's SX results.
What about Honda and its lack of SX titles since the 450 was introduced?

Must be a major fat pig.
7/10/2021 3:03pm
You would know better than I, but I don't recall the riders talking as much smack on the bike outdoors as they do indoors. I would...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What about Honda and its lack of SX titles since the 450 was introduced?

Must be a major fat pig.
I don't know...never heard the term Red Pig have you?. Maybe it's had better results in terms of wins? Not sure but I'm sure someone can pull up all the stats.
7/10/2021 3:13pm
“How about those Yamaha’s”

The butt hurt must be unbearable for some of you.

After sweeping both 250 SX championships, Yamaha comes out swinging in MX and is in solid contention for both championships right out of the gate.

Adding insult to injury to the other OEM’s, they release a completely revamped 2 stroke MX bike lineup. Also in the same week, they go on to either extend or close the points gap in both Nationals series at the most demanding circuit on the tour.

Tough times indeed for the boys in blue…

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/10/2021 3:15pm
I don't know...never heard the term Red Pig have you?. Maybe it's had better results in terms of wins? Not sure but I'm sure someone can...
I don't know...never heard the term Red Pig have you?. Maybe it's had better results in terms of wins? Not sure but I'm sure someone can pull up all the stats.
Manufacturers spend millions to go racing for titles.

Last 450 SX title won by Yamaha: 2009 James Stewart
Last 450 Outdoor Title Won by Yamaha: 2007 Grant Langston

450 SX Titles Won by Honda: None
Last 450 Outdoor Title Won by Honda: 2004 Ricky Carmichael
7/10/2021 3:27pm
I'm confused, are you and DV arguing that the Yamaha 450 is a Blue Pig outdoors too since it hasn't won a title since before the cylinder was reversed? I don't recall the blue 450 struggling outdoors as much as it has struggled indoors.

How about digging up the moto and main event results?

Or, are you saying the Honda is a Red Pig???

hbdesigns913
7/10/2021 3:32pm
Anyone that has been to the pits at a national this year can see the writing on the wall. The Star Yamaha is going to have some issues this year with mechanicals. They have WAY too many hands on the bikes between motos. They have WAY too many bikes out of 2 trailers. It’s total chaos in the yamaha pits. Something is going to get missed. That’s just the way it is when you have that many employees and that many bikes. I work in the racing industry so I have seen it over and over. John Force racing has the same problems.
jonesaustin
7/10/2021 3:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
You Yamaha haters are worse than the KTM nuthuggers. Just STFU. These bikes are all good now and any of them can win indoors or out.
yes they’re just wide and large like modern jertskiis. the designers are disconnected, perhaps because of their youth, from the razor thin, sharp angled aesthetic we were supposed to continue moving to from the 80’s.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/10/2021 3:41pm
I'm confused, are you and DV arguing that the Yamaha 450 is a Blue Pig outdoors too since it hasn't won a title since before the...
I'm confused, are you and DV arguing that the Yamaha 450 is a Blue Pig outdoors too since it hasn't won a title since before the cylinder was reversed? I don't recall the blue 450 struggling outdoors as much as it has struggled indoors.

Your abhorrence towards Yamaha is pretty fucking pathetic.

#Troll
7/10/2021 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 3:48pm
The best rider won. Color of the bike means nothing. We should be more worried that American riders cant win the USA national tittle.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/10/2021 3:42pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
yes they’re just wide and large like modern jertskiis. the designers are disconnected, perhaps because of their youth, from the razor thin, sharp angled aesthetic we...
yes they’re just wide and large like modern jertskiis. the designers are disconnected, perhaps because of their youth, from the razor thin, sharp angled aesthetic we were supposed to continue moving to from the 80’s.
Have you ever actually measured them against other bikes? Because I have.

14 YZF vs 17 RMZ can 17 CRF.
Fun fact, Yamaha wasn’t the widest. The width only started a bit sooner. The rest? Well, Suzuki was the widest at the end of the shrouds and mid shroud, Honda was the widest.
7/10/2021 3:45pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Have you ever actually measured them against other bikes? Because I have. 14 YZF vs 17 RMZ can 17 CRF. Fun fact, Yamaha wasn’t the widest...
Have you ever actually measured them against other bikes? Because I have.

14 YZF vs 17 RMZ can 17 CRF.
Fun fact, Yamaha wasn’t the widest. The width only started a bit sooner. The rest? Well, Suzuki was the widest at the end of the shrouds and mid shroud, Honda was the widest.
Get out of here with your facts. I don’t care what you say. The Yamahas look heavy and feel big because. Well, just because.
7/10/2021 4:06pm
I'm confused, are you and DV arguing that the Yamaha 450 is a Blue Pig outdoors too since it hasn't won a title since before the...

-MAVERICK- wrote:

#Troll
How about pulling up the stats instead of name calling? Don't shoot the messenger...

It's amazing how everyone has argued against the SX results for years and they get super upset when someone has the balls to mention the stats or a bike failure. I do not make the stats and I did not cause the Yamaha mechanicals today, don't be mad at me. Nate Thrasher was on my fantasy team, do you think I was rooting for that DNF or I would have picked him if I hated Yamaha?

BTW, my favorite brand is Suzuki...I have the ability to accept where the bike stands based on it's results. I own many brands of bikes and will be buying another Yamaha in '23 when it's all new. I am not brand biased and I've owned every color. Most importantly, I do not sleep with my bikes and can accept others relaying the stats on Suzuki results and DNFs.....

Will you guys feel better when I buy a '23 Yamaha to add to my arsenal?? Yamaha 250 has been the best 250 hands down. Yamaha 450 is currently dominating outdoors. Feel better yet?

I repeat, don't shoot the messenger.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/10/2021 4:08pm
How about pulling up the stats instead of name calling? Don't shoot the messenger... It's amazing how everyone has argued against the SX results for years...
How about pulling up the stats instead of name calling? Don't shoot the messenger...

It's amazing how everyone has argued against the SX results for years and they get super upset when someone has the balls to mention the stats or a bike failure. I do not make the stats and I did not cause the Yamaha mechanicals today, don't be mad at me. Nate Thrasher was on my fantasy team, do you think I was rooting for that DNF or I would have picked him if I hated Yamaha?

BTW, my favorite brand is Suzuki...I have the ability to accept where the bike stands based on it's results. I own many brands of bikes and will be buying another Yamaha in '23 when it's all new. I am not brand biased and I've owned every color. Most importantly, I do not sleep with my bikes and can accept others relaying the stats on Suzuki results and DNFs.....

Will you guys feel better when I buy a '23 Yamaha to add to my arsenal?? Yamaha 250 has been the best 250 hands down. Yamaha 450 is currently dominating outdoors. Feel better yet?

How about do your own research.
M8
7/10/2021 4:19pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:

#Troll
How about pulling up the stats instead of name calling? Don't shoot the messenger... It's amazing how everyone has argued against the SX results for years...

You’ve been doing the same shit for years now, don’t get you sick of it? Yeah your blue pig jokes were funny at the start, but it’s just embarrassing now.
Johnny Ringo
7/10/2021 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 4:22pm
Thrasher mechanical DNFl, Plessinger mechanical DNF, and now the 14 smoking....I remember people talking shit on the Vohland's KTM earlier in the year at Pala: https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Vohland-Ktm-bummer,1391335...
Thrasher mechanical DNFl, Plessinger mechanical DNF, and now the 14 smoking....I remember people talking shit on the Vohland's KTM earlier in the year at Pala:

Well, just proof all bikes can shit the bed. Even the indestructible, unbeatable, most powerful, most reliable, Star Yamahas
Douche
7/10/2021 4:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

#Troll

M8 wrote:
You’ve been doing the same shit for years now, don’t get you sick of it? Yeah your blue pig jokes were funny at the start, but...
You’ve been doing the same shit for years now, don’t get you sick of it? Yeah your blue pig jokes were funny at the start, but it’s just embarrassing now.
You are correct, I have been relaying the stats for years. Since about the time they reversed the cylinder. There's stats and then there's shit talking...with the worst shit talking going to my favorite brand that still has a kick starter. Feel free to talk smack on the yellow pig or relay recent Suzuki stats all you want. I won't need a box of kleenex...

Johnny Ringo
7/10/2021 4:28pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Psssst: Yamaha haters and KTM nut huggers are the same people
7/10/2021 4:28pm
Thrasher mechanical DNFl, Plessinger mechanical DNF, and now the 14 smoking....I remember people talking shit on the Vohland's KTM earlier in the year at Pala: https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Vohland-Ktm-bummer,1391335...

Douche
So sensitive....more like facts.
Johnny Ringo
7/10/2021 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 4:32pm

M8 wrote:
You’ve been doing the same shit for years now, don’t get you sick of it? Yeah your blue pig jokes were funny at the start, but...
You are correct, I have been relaying the stats for years. Since about the time they reversed the cylinder. There's stats and then there's shit talking...with...
You are correct, I have been relaying the stats for years. Since about the time they reversed the cylinder. There's stats and then there's shit talking...with the worst shit talking going to my favorite brand that still has a kick starter. Feel free to talk smack on the yellow pig or relay recent Suzuki stats all you want. I won't need a box of kleenex...

I love how you jerkoffs love to yell BLUE PIG!!!! And then when the bike does good you go “oh, well this SX track was more open” or “oh this is an outdoor track”. Blah blah blah, all bullshit
Johnny Ringo
7/10/2021 4:44pm

dv12.com wrote:
Isn’t Grant Langston the last Yamaha rider to win a MX title? Who was the last Yamaha rider being a contender outdoors in 450? I seriously...
But DV, they had Davi, Brayton, Barcia, Nicoletti and Josh Grant those years! Can’t believe they didn’t win a title! Definitely the bike, those riders should have been title threats!
RMT
7/10/2021 4:56pm

M8 wrote:
You are correct, I have been relaying the stats for years. Since about the time they reversed the cylinder. There's stats and then there's shit talking...with...

And then there is the fact that the rider makes the biggest difference.

Post a reply to: How about those Yamahas....

The Latest