How about that "B Team"

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/27/2015 8:30am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 2:28am
So since so many people said the US was sending our so called "B Team" what does everyone think of them losing by just 2 points? TongueCool
|
9/27/2015 8:39am
pretty crazy our B Team is that good. What if we brought over Stewart, Villopoto and Dungey.....
9/27/2015 8:41am
Anyone who said they were a B team doesnt know what they are talking about. I think both Coop and Barcia rode better than Dungey has the last few years, only Tomac would have been better than the three we had.
9/27/2015 8:44am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 8:45am
I never heard anyone describe them as the B team myself. The general consensus was that they were one of the favorites and their results proved it. Given Dungy & Tomac's absence I think they picked their best riders.

And to be fair most of the top teams weren't all first pick riders. That's why there was such a points gap between 2nd & the rest.
RG95
9/27/2015 9:00am
lol B team Grinning

The Shop

9/27/2015 9:01am
so you lost and its back to B team ? come on , its never been a B team , it was the best possible team and they proved it ...look at Webb , rookie in MXON and on a 450 and he was great ..better results as Dungey had in last years MXONS .... Barcia won his first moto , Martin on the 250 was awesome ....they had great starts in first 2 moto's , 3 moto they didnt .... if they had , i think they would have won it ........ so stop the B team crap please
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
9/27/2015 9:02am
I never heard anyone describe them as the B team myself. The general consensus was that they were one of the favorites and their results proved...
I never heard anyone describe them as the B team myself. The general consensus was that they were one of the favorites and their results proved it. Given Dungy & Tomac's absence I think they picked their best riders.

And to be fair most of the top teams weren't all first pick riders. That's why there was such a points gap between 2nd & the rest.
Your right only France had its so called A team. You could argue that Italy had a C team in all reality..
9/27/2015 9:03am
The only way this team is better if is Tomac was on it, but there were MANY countries that had injured riders, USA was not the only one. We sent the best team we could, they were in no way a B team.
9/27/2015 9:05am
pretty crazy our B Team is that good. What if we brought over Stewart, Villopoto and Dungey.....
Stewart and Villopoto ?? really ?? LaughingLaughing i would call that youre B team , since they both were out for many months prior to this MXON
9/27/2015 9:05am
Our guys are fighters, how can you not be pumped on them.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/27/2015 9:06am
If you look back at my OP I never called them a B Team. There were many others that did but I didn't. Nowhere in there did I ever say I thought it was a B team nor did I make excuses for anyone. Our US team did great. We lost but they did great. France was that much better today. I look forward to next year
9/27/2015 9:07am
Yeah, I knew you were joking about those who did call them a B team.
ChrisB10
9/27/2015 9:14am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 9:16am
Sorry that was a B team when you have a 250 rider on a 450 instead of Ryan Villopoto or Eli Tomac. Are you seriously going to argue that a kid on a 450 his 2nd race ever at Des NAtions isnt a disadvantage(no matter how good Coop is) over Tomac or Villo?
9/27/2015 9:19am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 9:21am
If getting second is losing, you people must hate your life, wife, and children.
We took second to the favored team, and only missed winning the entire event by 2 points. I hope you're as hard on your own country as you are America.
9/27/2015 9:20am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 9:21am
you know RV retired ?? Wink he was never an option for MXON this year , so why mention his name ??
really dont get it ......
Surly100
9/27/2015 9:33am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 9:33am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Sorry that was a B team when you have a 250 rider on a 450 instead of Ryan Villopoto or Eli Tomac. Are you seriously going...
Sorry that was a B team when you have a 250 rider on a 450 instead of Ryan Villopoto or Eli Tomac. Are you seriously going to argue that a kid on a 450 his 2nd race ever at Des NAtions isnt a disadvantage(no matter how good Coop is) over Tomac or Villo?
It depends which Villopoto turned up. The Villopoto that raced the GPs wouldn't necessarily have done better than Webb, given Villopoto's average moto finishing position in the GPs was 4th.

Ditto with Tomac. The early season Tomac would've been in with a good shout of winning both of his races. But also could've pushed too hard and crashed (a la 2013). You just don't know . . .

And then teams like Belgium could also say they'd have been much more in contention with a fit Strijbos and Desalle, Germany with a fully fit Nagl and Roczen, Italy with a fit Cairoli and Guarneri, and so on.

h&m_cycle
9/27/2015 9:41am
Stewart and Villopoto ?? really ?? :laugh: :laugh: i would call that youre B team , since they both were out for many months prior to...
Stewart and Villopoto ?? really ?? LaughingLaughing i would call that youre B team , since they both were out for many months prior to this MXON
Correct, Stewie ain't racin' outdoors, people need to get over it... I don't care what his contract says, he's going
to be 30 and needs a RV, Nurse & IV for motocross... Supercross is staying in a hotel, cooler temps, and 15 minute
moto...
9/27/2015 9:45am
Stewart and Villopoto ?? really ?? :laugh: :laugh: i would call that youre B team , since they both were out for many months prior to...
h&m_cycle wrote:
Correct, Stewie ain't racin' outdoors, people need to get over it... I don't care what his contract says, he's going to be 30 and needs a...
Correct, Stewie ain't racin' outdoors, people need to get over it... I don't care what his contract says, he's going
to be 30 and needs a RV, Nurse & IV for motocross... Supercross is staying in a hotel, cooler temps, and 15 minute
moto...
You'd be amazed at the amount of top guys in both series taking IV's....
h&m_cycle
9/27/2015 9:48am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 9:49am
Essential wrote:
Malcolm, James, Hansen or Reed... forgetaboutit... Hangnail, Epstein Barr...
9/27/2015 9:51am
Essential wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
Malcolm, James, Hansen or Reed... forgetaboutit... Hangnail, Epstein Barr...
think a bit higher up than that.
pilotdude
9/27/2015 9:53am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 9:57am
U.S. had the best team on the track. In front of a hostile crowd, on a track none of them have EVER ridden before, and the French riders had ridden MANY times, on a different continent 8 time zones out of their own, chasing the French down and passing them and coming up just short with 2 terrible starts in the last moto.

They rode like the fighters and champions they all are. Very proud of them.
fcr
9/27/2015 10:00am
It was a good showing by our riders, the French team was fast and proved it. So did our team
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
9/27/2015 10:00am
Belgium had a B team with no Desalle and Strijbos. The Netherlands is pretty much lost without Herlings. Germany had a B team with no Roczen and a unfit Nagl. Russia could've been in the mix with Tonkov and Brylyakov. What could've been for Italy with a fit Cairoli, and a fit DP19. GB had some of the worst luck with Searle and Wilson being hurt all year and Anstie breaking his shoulder in qualifying. Jonass and Gajser doesn't have team mates who are fast enough for podium contention while they're both fast enough for overall wins.

I think the results showed that the only countrys who where having a shot at the title were France and the USA.

Think about the other countries before saying that USA had a B team..
pilotdude
9/27/2015 10:08am
NVA57 wrote:
Belgium had a B team with no Desalle and Strijbos. The Netherlands is pretty much lost without Herlings. Germany had a B team with no Roczen...
Belgium had a B team with no Desalle and Strijbos. The Netherlands is pretty much lost without Herlings. Germany had a B team with no Roczen and a unfit Nagl. Russia could've been in the mix with Tonkov and Brylyakov. What could've been for Italy with a fit Cairoli, and a fit DP19. GB had some of the worst luck with Searle and Wilson being hurt all year and Anstie breaking his shoulder in qualifying. Jonass and Gajser doesn't have team mates who are fast enough for podium contention while they're both fast enough for overall wins.

I think the results showed that the only countrys who where having a shot at the title were France and the USA.

Think about the other countries before saying that USA had a B team..
What if really showed was the the USA could have sent 2 teams that with decent rides could have gone 1-2.
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
9/27/2015 10:30am
Make that 2-3 Laughing
9/27/2015 10:43am
so you lost and its back to B team ? come on , its never been a B team , it was the best possible team...
so you lost and its back to B team ? come on , its never been a B team , it was the best possible team and they proved it ...look at Webb , rookie in MXON and on a 450 and he was great ..better results as Dungey had in last years MXONS .... Barcia won his first moto , Martin on the 250 was awesome ....they had great starts in first 2 moto's , 3 moto they didnt .... if they had , i think they would have won it ........ so stop the B team crap please
"Best possible team."

It was impossible for Dungey to race?
9/27/2015 11:05am
Can every country throw a retired rider in the mix then?
9/27/2015 11:07am
Dungey refused to race, so it was impossible to choose him.

I think it was America's B team but that sort of highlights the challenge other countries face in competing against the USA. I have no doubt that the C team would be pretty damn frightening too. With that said you can only race what's there, and on this occasion France were definitely the favourites and should've won. America getting as close as they did was impressive, and individually they adapted to the track very well and beat a lot of good riders. There's absolutely nothing, nothing at all, to feel down about.
9/27/2015 11:10am
so you lost and its back to B team ? come on , its never been a B team , it was the best possible team...
TripleFive wrote:
"Best possible team."

It was impossible for Dungey to race?
Dungey wasnt an option , as he decided not to go this year ...........so he was an impossible option ..true
plowboy
9/27/2015 11:13am
Dungey refused to race, so it was impossible to choose him. I think it was America's B team but that sort of highlights the challenge other...

I think it was America's B team but that sort of highlights the challenge other countries face in competing against the USA. I have no doubt that the C team would be pretty damn frightening too. With that said you can only race what's there, and on this occasion France were definitely the favourites and should've won. America getting as close as they did was impressive, and individually they adapted to the track very well and beat a lot of good riders. There's absolutely nothing, nothing at all, to feel down about.
This guy gets it.
Surly100
9/27/2015 11:29am
Dungey refused to race, so it was impossible to choose him. I think it was America's B team but that sort of highlights the challenge other...

I don't think there's any doubt that the U.S. has the greatest strength in depth of any individual country.

But the population is like 320m, which is greater than the populations of France, Germany, the Netherlands, the U.K., Italy and Belgium combined.

And imagine if those all joined together to form a European super state. They could put out at least 5 world class teams. I.E.:

A Team

MXGP: Cairoli
Open Class: Febvre
MX2: Herlings

B Team

MXGP: Roczen
Open Class: Desalle
MX2: Musquin

C Team

MXGP: Nagl
Open Class: Strijbos
MX2: Ferrandis

D Team

MXGP: Van Horebeek
Open Class: Paulin
MX2: Tixier

E Team

MXGP: Simpson
Open Class: Wilson
MX2: Searle

The talent would be unreal. But of course, if my auntie had b*lls she would be my uncle, and that's not where we are.

Would still *love* to see some sort of GPs Vs AMA shoot-out though, in a Ryder Cup style format.

Post a reply to: How about that "B Team"

The Latest