motogrady wrote:
Elitism running high in this thread.
NateDawg wrote:
You misspelled "class"

I'm sorry dude.

Pompous. P O M P O U S..

Better?
8/18/2018 7:43pm
It's fine with me if Jimmy Albertson wants to race for Puerto Rico as himself, but Ronnie Mac is a clown who has no business being in a prestigious race like the MXoN. Take that act somewhere else.
NateDawg
8/18/2018 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 7:46pm
motogrady wrote:
Elitism running high in this thread.
NateDawg wrote:
You misspelled "class"
motogrady wrote:

I'm sorry dude.

Pompous. P O M P O U S..

Better?
Just because I don't want the MXoN to be turned into your local Monster Truck Rally doesn't make me pompous.

The Shop

motogrady
8/18/2018 8:02pm
NateDawg wrote:
You misspelled "class"
motogrady wrote:

I'm sorry dude.

Pompous. P O M P O U S..

Better?
NateDawg wrote:
Just because I don't want the MXoN to be turned into your local Monster Truck Rally doesn't make me pompous.

I'm pretty sure, in your eyes, it doesn't.

NateDawg
8/18/2018 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 8:50pm
motogrady wrote:

I'm sorry dude.

Pompous. P O M P O U S..

Better?
NateDawg wrote:
motogrady wrote:
I'm pretty sure, in your eyes, it doesn't. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/18/281464/s1200_D244F198_4DDB_4CC0_83C7_AC7C63CE0997.jpg[/img]

I honestly have no idea what that was supposed to mean...please sober up and try again later.
toroP
8/18/2018 10:38pm
I never thought I would see so many whiny little bitches in a motocross forum. Makes sense that they would want Reed.

I’m shocked at all the children here who want more clowns in MX because it’s not fun.
Rodeo is kind of fun, and they have clowns. Try that.
byke
8/18/2018 11:30pm
Travis is probably the weakest link. Keep Sipes.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/18/2018 11:38pm
Whats more embarrassing, Ronnie Mac or the event being cancelled with short notice?
Why should it be a choice , both are bad and should be avoided at all costs
Crush
8/19/2018 1:55am
Travis, sure. Sipes of course. Jimmy, yes. But i'm surprised they thought Ronnie would be allowed, let alone a good idea.

It's not straight rhythm. It's the MXdN. It should be treated as the event it has been.
tcallahan707
8/19/2018 3:31am
It's fine with me if Jimmy Albertson wants to race for Puerto Rico as himself, but Ronnie Mac is a clown who has no business being...
It's fine with me if Jimmy Albertson wants to race for Puerto Rico as himself, but Ronnie Mac is a clown who has no business being in a prestigious race like the MXoN. Take that act somewhere else.
I'd be curious if Jimmy rode as Jimmy, but acted like Ronnie in the pits, what the response would be? Would DC try to intervene if a qualified racer had a 90's party persona off the track?
MXD
8/19/2018 5:33am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 5:33am
It's fine with me if Jimmy Albertson wants to race for Puerto Rico as himself, but Ronnie Mac is a clown who has no business being...
I'd be curious if Jimmy rode as Jimmy, but acted like Ronnie in the pits, what the response would be? Would DC try to intervene if...
I'd be curious if Jimmy rode as Jimmy, but acted like Ronnie in the pits, what the response would be? Would DC try to intervene if a qualified racer had a 90's party persona off the track?
Stankdog? He kind of throws off that vibe. Didn’t he ride his bike to the concession stand recently between motos for a slice of pizza? Laughing
mxwrench66
8/19/2018 6:05am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 6:05am
Again this was mac’s concept. The entire thing!!! Its built around doing something great for PR and the moto community. This could have been done last year to help with relief in PR too.....yet it didn’t happen. This whole idea was mac’s....not travis’ Not sipes’ not rj’s. He’s going to be out there riding that 98 faster than yogi, windham and Tortelli ever dreamed of going. Thank RM69 and sit back and enjoy!!
peltier626
8/19/2018 6:15am
This is a fictional social media created character, this is embarrassing that this is actually a series discussion. Are we gonna turn into the WWE. Yea wrestling is real.
Moto96
8/19/2018 7:22am
I still find it funny people keep suggesting foreigners to the race the MXDN for different countries.

Jeff Ward gets a pass because he was in the US because he was in diapers. A guy that moved here as an adult, eh, that doesn't really count, dual citizenship is just papers. Australia doesn't pick Reed, and France wont even pick Marvin because they defected.

America sure thinks odd about the MXDN but if they were losing their job to a foreigner, they'd be pissed off.

I Heard Australia changed their team and was having Jerry Bernardo race the MXDN for them.

NateDawg
8/19/2018 7:26am
Moto96 wrote:
I still find it funny people keep suggesting foreigners to the race the MXDN for different countries. Jeff Ward gets a pass because he was in...
I still find it funny people keep suggesting foreigners to the race the MXDN for different countries.

Jeff Ward gets a pass because he was in the US because he was in diapers. A guy that moved here as an adult, eh, that doesn't really count, dual citizenship is just papers. Australia doesn't pick Reed, and France wont even pick Marvin because they defected.

America sure thinks odd about the MXDN but if they were losing their job to a foreigner, they'd be pissed off.

I Heard Australia changed their team and was having Jerry Bernardo race the MXDN for them.

"Dual citizenship is just papers"

And individual nations are just imaginary lines on a piece of paper...not really a good argument.
Moto96
8/19/2018 7:51am
NateDawg wrote:

And individual nations are just imaginary lines on a piece of paper...not really a good argument.
Obviously you don't know the meaning of what the MXDN actually is.

NateDawg
8/19/2018 7:53am
NateDawg wrote:

Moto96 wrote:
Obviously you don't know the meaning of what the MXDN actually is.

I'm well aware, but your argument that the citizenship is "just a piece of paper" is hypocritical when you consider that countries are the same thing.
motogrady
8/19/2018 8:44am
NateDawg wrote:
motogrady wrote:
I'm pretty sure, in your eyes, it doesn't. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/18/281464/s1200_D244F198_4DDB_4CC0_83C7_AC7C63CE0997.jpg[/img]

NateDawg wrote:
I honestly have no idea what that was supposed to mean...please sober up and try again later.

My friend, go back and read your responses to me.

First, you try to differentiate class with elitism.
What are you saying, your class is better than mine?
That I may like to drink, which I don't, and you abstain, that makes you better than me?
That puts you in a different class?
And because of that, my value or input is less than yours?
Why don't you just come out and say it, you don't want the guys that party to have anything to do with your precious event.

And I do find your remarks about coming back when sober rather insulting.
Along with the somewhat superior attitude you display, with the comment to the Monster Truck Crowd.
Like I said before, you might not see it, but you come off, to me anyway, as a rather arrogant, pompous dude.
I tried to even put the definition right up there for you to read, but you still don't see it,

But hey, everyone's different, I found out years ago you can't change people.
But, you don't have to put up being insulted and demeaned either.

Have a nice day Nate,
motogrady
8/19/2018 9:11am
peltier626 wrote:
This is a fictional social media created character, this is embarrassing that this is actually a series discussion. Are we gonna turn into the WWE. Yea...
This is a fictional social media created character, this is embarrassing that this is actually a series discussion. Are we gonna turn into the WWE. Yea wrestling is real.

This just may out the real Ronnie Mack.
I mean, unless he legally changed his name, he's gonna have to sign up and have his results listed as Jimmy.
I would imagine, as long as his gear and bike pass inspection. That will fly.

But I doubt very seriously they will let him run Ronnie Mack on his jersey.
The butt patch, that's different, plenty of guys put odd ball stuff there.
As long as it's not vulgar, where's the foul?

And yeah, this may add a bit of a cheesy element to the event.
But let's not forget, all 3 have held AMA Pro licenses.
Which makes them elite motocross racers.

Hell, PR as a Territory couldn't come up with a team remotely as good as these guys.
They are a gift horse staring them right in the face.
And any of you guys, unless you're from PR, what business is it of yours?
Who here is from that island. Anyone?

Will this lead us down the path to becoming another WWE, I don't think so.
Too many concerns trying to sell stuff, each competing for as big a slice of the pie they can get.

8/19/2018 9:16am
bradmx421 wrote:
I'm good.....i personally think it is DC that needs to lighten up. #MakeMotocrossFunAgain
I think DC is spot on and knows a thing or two more than you about what's good for the sport.
tingo
8/19/2018 9:45am
peltier626 wrote:
This is a fictional social media created character, this is embarrassing that this is actually a series discussion. Are we gonna turn into the WWE. Yea...
motogrady wrote:
This just may out the real Ronnie Mack. I mean, unless he legally changed his name, he's gonna have to sign up and have his results...

I mean, unless he legally changed his name, he's gonna have to sign up and have his results listed as Jimmy.

Hell, PR as a Territory couldn't come up with a team remotely as good as these guys.

Too many concerns trying to sell stuff, each competing for as big a slice of the pie they can get.

A bit off topic.
It's unnecessary and confusing to structure replies like this.
With excessive use of the return key.

Just form a paragraph like everyone else.
On behalf of the entire forum:
Much ty.
Moto96
8/19/2018 9:52am
This would be Albertsons 3rd time at the MXDN.....Thats getting close to the number for the main team participants who went more than a few times.
motogrady
8/19/2018 9:55am
peltier626 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
This just may out the real Ronnie Mack. I mean, unless he legally changed his name, he's gonna have to sign up and have his results...

tingo wrote:
A bit off topic. It's unnecessary and confusing to structure replies like this. With excessive use of the return key. Just form a paragraph like everyone...
A bit off topic.
It's unnecessary and confusing to structure replies like this.
With excessive use of the return key.

Just form a paragraph like everyone else.
On behalf of the entire forum:
Much ty.

No problem guy, as soon as those like yourself stop talking "Much ty", and use proper English.

Moto96
8/19/2018 10:09am
DC wrote:
I think Reed would have to have a U.S. passport to race for Puerto Rico, just like Marvin Musquin would. If he has one, it would...
I think Reed would have to have a U.S. passport to race for Puerto Rico, just like Marvin Musquin would. If he has one, it would be pretty cool.

DC
Racer X
Why not just leave it simple and make so you have to be a real citizen, or at least like Jeff Ward, where you are very young. Not an adult who moved somewhere as an adult.

Don't you guys have anyone thats more deserving, considering that Aus doesn't pick Reed, and France doesn't pick Marvin.

Point being, Isn't picking foreigners kind of defeating the whole point of the MXDN?..........and to me it will always be Des.

I mean, wouldn't it have been odd to have Chad Parker and Bobby Moore racing for Italy?

Once you mix and match, it's no longer the MXDN. It's just another race.
NateDawg
8/19/2018 11:51am
motogrady wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
motogrady wrote:
My friend, go back and read your responses to me. First, you try to differentiate class with elitism. What are you saying, your class is better...

My friend, go back and read your responses to me.

First, you try to differentiate class with elitism.
What are you saying, your class is better than mine?
That I may like to drink, which I don't, and you abstain, that makes you better than me?
That puts you in a different class?
And because of that, my value or input is less than yours?
Why don't you just come out and say it, you don't want the guys that party to have anything to do with your precious event.

And I do find your remarks about coming back when sober rather insulting.
Along with the somewhat superior attitude you display, with the comment to the Monster Truck Crowd.
Like I said before, you might not see it, but you come off, to me anyway, as a rather arrogant, pompous dude.
I tried to even put the definition right up there for you to read, but you still don't see it,

But hey, everyone's different, I found out years ago you can't change people.
But, you don't have to put up being insulted and demeaned either.

Have a nice day Nate,
You lecturing me about definitions is pretty ironic considering you don't seem to understand that there are multiple definitions and uses for the word "class."

It can be used to describe a particular social rank or it can be used as a figure of speech for being "classy" or "elegant". That's the thing about us elitist, we're kinda edumacated.
motogrady
8/19/2018 12:28pm

Believe me, I understand exactly what meaning of class you were referring to.
NateDawg
8/19/2018 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 12:33pm
motogrady wrote:

Believe me, I understand exactly what meaning of class you were referring to.
No, you're just determined to be offended.

But since you brought it up, only trashy people get this bent out of shape when a simple word like "class" is used.
motogrady
8/19/2018 1:09pm
Laughing

Offended?

Now why would I be offended?
That I've been insulted of being drunk, wanting to turn this sport into what you believe to be a lesser entity,
not understanding the English language and it's nuances, and that I'm a trashy person?

Why on Earth would I be offended, I mean, considering the source, why?

Post a reply to: How about changing Ronnie Mac with Chad Reed for Team Puerto Rico

The Latest