How about changing Ronnie Mac with Chad Reed for Team Puerto Rico

Danster
8/17/2018 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 12:33pm
Looks like Jimmy Mac wont be allowed to race the MXON for Team Puerto Rico
due to the fact that he's not a real person.
With Team Australia racing without Reed and Reed wanting to race, why not
race for Puerto Rico. He's a legal citizen and enjoys racing a 2-stroke.?
I also think he'll raise just as much money if not more, Sorry Jimmy.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/17/2018 3:19pm
If that's the case, I think it's a bummer. Has that been confirmed yet?
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/17/2018 3:21pm
So, why can't "Jimmy Albertson" race?
DC
8/17/2018 3:38pm
I think Reed would have to have a U.S. passport to race for Puerto Rico, just like Marvin Musquin would. If he has one, it would be pretty cool.

DC
Racer X

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/17/2018 3:40pm
DC wrote:
I think Reed would have to have a U.S. passport to race for Puerto Rico, just like Marvin Musquin would. If he has one, it would...
I think Reed would have to have a U.S. passport to race for Puerto Rico, just like Marvin Musquin would. If he has one, it would be pretty cool.

DC
Racer X
I believe both Chad, Ellie and the kids have dual citizenship for US and Aus. Wouldn't he be eligible with that?
bradmx421
8/17/2018 3:41pm
Obviously the OP just read racerhead to listen to DC cry about Ronnie Mac racing in the "crown jewel of motocross".....nowhere was it confirmed that he is not allowed to race. Just DC being a crybaby because he would have to sign up as his real name and DC feels that he shouldn't be able to race because his daughter read the "I eat ass" sticker on his swingarm...... I've normally been a fan of DC, but in this instance i am not.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/17/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2018 3:56pm
"While I appreciate anyone who wants to do something to help people in need, like those in Puerto Rico, I don’t think a race as important and prestigious as the Motocross of Nations should compromise its rules and regulations in order to allow a fictional character to compete, no matter how good he is or may have once been. We have a hard enough time getting top riders to step up and make the time investment and risk to compete for national pride. Those guys deserve to line up in a serious race alongside serious competitors. They deserve respect, and they should not have to line up next to the motocross version of a rodeo clown."

I have one thing about this, especially the last 2 sentences. I agree that we need to have serious guys on the line, but some of the countries that go, their riders are mid pack intermediates at best here in the states or in Europe... Ronnie would blow the doors off of those guys. So is it more of what he stands for, or more so of this guy that's retired and rides under a fictional name would go out and smoke some of the countries that show up? A few years ago a rider went for a South American country and the dude rode intermediate in the states. Wasn't even close to being on pace and was in the way during qualifying... I know Ronnie isn't the greatest role model, but the dude can ride a dirt bike and make it in the A final no problem.

Besides, the MXDN isn't what it once was anyways. It's another GP race sprinkled with a few other countries with slower riders that won't make the final and 3 Americans. Winning country gets a little more bragging rights than they would at a USGP race, but it sure as hell isn't what it used to be.
GregDVT
8/17/2018 4:27pm
bradmx421 wrote:
Obviously the OP just read racerhead to listen to DC cry about Ronnie Mac racing in the "crown jewel of motocross".....nowhere was it confirmed that he...
Obviously the OP just read racerhead to listen to DC cry about Ronnie Mac racing in the "crown jewel of motocross".....nowhere was it confirmed that he is not allowed to race. Just DC being a crybaby because he would have to sign up as his real name and DC feels that he shouldn't be able to race because his daughter read the "I eat ass" sticker on his swingarm...... I've normally been a fan of DC, but in this instance i am not.
Maybe, just maybe, DC is looking out for the wellbeing of our sport, and trying to keep it professional. Having ronnie Mac on the entry list makes it hard to take the event as seriously as I have in the past.
ATKpilot99
8/17/2018 4:28pm
Ronnie mac may be faster at this point.Wink
deluxeman
8/17/2018 4:29pm
I am already tired of this BS. Ronnie Mac is not a real person(s), he is a fictional person made up to be humorous and make Albertson some money in retirement. He can't race, he isn't real. His brand of humor is not my brand of humor so I don't really follow his stuff. What I have seen of him is pretty adolescent humor about eating ass and chugging PBR, which IMHO has no place on the world MX stage, or even at a AMA national. He probably wouldn't even be allowed at a Monster Truck event, too many young kids there. Some find it funny and shocking, to each his own.

Yes it's noble to want to raise money for Puerto Rican relief, but where do you draw the line when it comes to the MXd? If this is a publicity stunt, then this is not the time or place to do it. If they are serious, then they need to change the PR direction and let people know that they are in it to represent Puerto Rico in a professional manner. If you lived in PR would you want the rest of the world to think that Ronnie Mac (Albertson) is who you chose to represent your nation?

There are plenty of top 10 AMA guys that would love to ride the MXd for PR. Let the guys who are serious racers right now take that opportunity, having 6 fast AMA guys on the gate would be a pretty cool sight.

So I say let them race the Monster Cup and the Red Bull straight rhythm to raise money for Puerto Rico and leave the MXd for the serious racers.

GregDVT
8/17/2018 4:36pm
deluxeman wrote:
I am already tired of this BS. Ronnie Mac is not a real person(s), he is a fictional person made up to be humorous and make...
I am already tired of this BS. Ronnie Mac is not a real person(s), he is a fictional person made up to be humorous and make Albertson some money in retirement. He can't race, he isn't real. His brand of humor is not my brand of humor so I don't really follow his stuff. What I have seen of him is pretty adolescent humor about eating ass and chugging PBR, which IMHO has no place on the world MX stage, or even at a AMA national. He probably wouldn't even be allowed at a Monster Truck event, too many young kids there. Some find it funny and shocking, to each his own.

Yes it's noble to want to raise money for Puerto Rican relief, but where do you draw the line when it comes to the MXd? If this is a publicity stunt, then this is not the time or place to do it. If they are serious, then they need to change the PR direction and let people know that they are in it to represent Puerto Rico in a professional manner. If you lived in PR would you want the rest of the world to think that Ronnie Mac (Albertson) is who you chose to represent your nation?

There are plenty of top 10 AMA guys that would love to ride the MXd for PR. Let the guys who are serious racers right now take that opportunity, having 6 fast AMA guys on the gate would be a pretty cool sight.

So I say let them race the Monster Cup and the Red Bull straight rhythm to raise money for Puerto Rico and leave the MXd for the serious racers.

Agreed 100%. It would be like having the Globetrotters play basketball for Puerto Rico in the olympics
crusher773
8/17/2018 4:47pm
deluxeman wrote:
I am already tired of this BS. Ronnie Mac is not a real person(s), he is a fictional person made up to be humorous and make...

Yep I completely agree with DC too. When they first started with this stuff it was funny and Trey was involved. Now it has gotten so filthy and over the line I think that's why you don't see Canard involved anymore. They pushed it to a point of it being passed funny and just completely stupid. He has no business making a mockery of a race that some riders aspire to race in for their country their whole lives. There are non serious off season races but this is not one of them.
Moto96
8/17/2018 4:51pm
The MXDN should be reserved for Native country. Jeff Ward gets a pass.

He wasnt an adult who moved here.
Danster
8/17/2018 5:32pm
Lets get Chad Reed for one last time in the MXON, and leave the BS (Jimmy Mac Cue) where
he belongs.... Youtube
This doesn't belong in the MXON's
Solidkm
8/17/2018 5:35pm
If it’s true, Mac can’t play as Mac, wouldn’t Mac just show up as Jimmy?

That said. Would be cool of Reed, and while we’re dreaming, it’d be a sizable “fuck you” to add musquin and watch him do well, too
jeffro503
8/17/2018 5:41pm
bradmx421 wrote:
Obviously the OP just read racerhead to listen to DC cry about Ronnie Mac racing in the "crown jewel of motocross".....nowhere was it confirmed that he...
Jesus Brad!....Lighten the fuck up would ya.
bents
Fantasy
694th
8/17/2018 5:45pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
"While I appreciate anyone who wants to do something to help people in need, like those in Puerto Rico, I don’t think a race as important...
"While I appreciate anyone who wants to do something to help people in need, like those in Puerto Rico, I don’t think a race as important and prestigious as the Motocross of Nations should compromise its rules and regulations in order to allow a fictional character to compete, no matter how good he is or may have once been. We have a hard enough time getting top riders to step up and make the time investment and risk to compete for national pride. Those guys deserve to line up in a serious race alongside serious competitors. They deserve respect, and they should not have to line up next to the motocross version of a rodeo clown."

I have one thing about this, especially the last 2 sentences. I agree that we need to have serious guys on the line, but some of the countries that go, their riders are mid pack intermediates at best here in the states or in Europe... Ronnie would blow the doors off of those guys. So is it more of what he stands for, or more so of this guy that's retired and rides under a fictional name would go out and smoke some of the countries that show up? A few years ago a rider went for a South American country and the dude rode intermediate in the states. Wasn't even close to being on pace and was in the way during qualifying... I know Ronnie isn't the greatest role model, but the dude can ride a dirt bike and make it in the A final no problem.

Besides, the MXDN isn't what it once was anyways. It's another GP race sprinkled with a few other countries with slower riders that won't make the final and 3 Americans. Winning country gets a little more bragging rights than they would at a USGP race, but it sure as hell isn't what it used to be.
Matty you make a good point about the different level of riders, and you can extend that to international competitions in many sports, including the olympics and world championships of many sports. Some sports in some countries get berths because of either their geography or their world zone. But these athletes are still serious about the endeavour even though there has been the odd circus show (see: Jamaican Bobsled team 1988 Calgary winter olympics). There has always been slow dudes a minute off of best lap times at the MXON-this has been a true constant.

But that isn't the point, and I do agree with DC on this front. This is still arguably the pinnacle of our sport, and it shouldn't be reduced to the lowest common denominator, which is what this Ronnie Mac character does, and he isn't even real so it feels cheap. And I also think that this race is as important as it used to be and the level of riders has never been higher. There are a lot of bad ass motocrossers at this event, and this has also been a true constant too.

Get Reed on that team, get them on 4 strokes (sorry, I love 2 strokes), and put in an effort worthy of the event.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
8/17/2018 6:14pm
Whats more embarrassing, Ronnie Mac or the event being cancelled with short notice?
motogrady
8/17/2018 6:28pm
Elitism running high in this thread.
SoCalMX70
8/17/2018 6:32pm
I'm dreaming of a partial "Rejects" team of sorts that includes Reed and Musquin. That team would smoke Aus haha. One can dream, right?
Solidkm
8/17/2018 6:37pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I'm dreaming of a partial "Rejects" team of sorts that includes Reed and Musquin. That team would smoke Aus haha. One can dream, right?
I am with you. Seriously, what was France thinking? I’m not up to date on the other French riders that were chosen, I’m sure they’re legit. But musquin hasn’t earned one of the three slots? #politics
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/17/2018 6:44pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
"While I appreciate anyone who wants to do something to help people in need, like those in Puerto Rico, I don’t think a race as important...

bents wrote:
Matty you make a good point about the different level of riders, and you can extend that to international competitions in many sports, including the olympics...
Matty you make a good point about the different level of riders, and you can extend that to international competitions in many sports, including the olympics and world championships of many sports. Some sports in some countries get berths because of either their geography or their world zone. But these athletes are still serious about the endeavour even though there has been the odd circus show (see: Jamaican Bobsled team 1988 Calgary winter olympics). There has always been slow dudes a minute off of best lap times at the MXON-this has been a true constant.

But that isn't the point, and I do agree with DC on this front. This is still arguably the pinnacle of our sport, and it shouldn't be reduced to the lowest common denominator, which is what this Ronnie Mac character does, and he isn't even real so it feels cheap. And I also think that this race is as important as it used to be and the level of riders has never been higher. There are a lot of bad ass motocrossers at this event, and this has also been a true constant too.

Get Reed on that team, get them on 4 strokes (sorry, I love 2 strokes), and put in an effort worthy of the event.
I will gladly eat what I said if he doesn’t leave the antics off the track. With all the crazy euro fans, I think the pits will be fun with him around. Now, I do think he needs to leave the crap in the pits and be serious on the track. If he can’t be serious on the track then I say no, he shouldn’t be there. If he’s racing seriously, then I’m all for it.

I know everyone has a different opinion on this though. It’s controversial lol. It should be fun though!
SoCalMX70
8/17/2018 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2018 7:28pm
I should also point out that Jimmy Albertson replied to Reed's last IG post with "You should ride for Puerto Rico".

Edit: ...and Ronnie Mac replied with "Feed em carp". ???
Silly
GregDVT
8/17/2018 7:31pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

bents wrote:
Matty you make a good point about the different level of riders, and you can extend that to international competitions in many sports, including the olympics...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I will gladly eat what I said if he doesn’t leave the antics off the track. With all the crazy euro fans, I think the pits...
I will gladly eat what I said if he doesn’t leave the antics off the track. With all the crazy euro fans, I think the pits will be fun with him around. Now, I do think he needs to leave the crap in the pits and be serious on the track. If he can’t be serious on the track then I say no, he shouldn’t be there. If he’s racing seriously, then I’m all for it.

I know everyone has a different opinion on this though. It’s controversial lol. It should be fun though!
All we can do at this point is crack some beers and enjoy the racing
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/17/2018 7:42pm
bents wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I will gladly eat what I said if he doesn’t leave the antics off the track. With all the crazy euro fans, I think the pits...

GregDVT wrote:
All we can do at this point is crack some beers and enjoy the racing
Sounds like a plan to me!
bradmx421
8/18/2018 4:09pm
bradmx421 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus Brad!....Lighten the fuck up would ya.
I'm good.....i personally think it is DC that needs to lighten up. #MakeMotocrossFunAgain
8/18/2018 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 4:19pm
I never thought I would see so many whiny little bitches in a motocross forum. Makes sense that they would want Reed.

NateDawg
8/18/2018 7:06pm
deluxeman wrote:

This, 100%.

Post a reply to: How about changing Ronnie Mac with Chad Reed for Team Puerto Rico

The Latest