How about Stu Baylor!

hard2kill
Edited Date/Time 10/3/2020 10:47am
Props to him and Yamaha for stepping up. GNCC is true family.
|
LungButter
9/14/2020 9:16am
Big Stu is a damn stud, period. He might be the kinda guy the Yamaha fits well, it must cause he didn't make it a secret he wanted to try them all to find the best fit.

Good for him!
ehr400
9/14/2020 9:35am
Dude is cool AF. Met him a couple years ago at a local moto track getting some sand practice. Super good guy
LungButter
9/14/2020 9:43am
The way he and his wife instantly dropped everything to help Ricky Russell for weeks after his big crash this year tells me enough, good dude. I'm a fan for sure.
mhog
9/14/2020 9:47am
Legendary for sure. Congrats to Stu, great guy and awesome comeback story.

The Shop

bh
9/14/2020 9:57am
He really managed that race well. I wonder how many of those guys believed him when he said he was only good for lap. It was crazy to see him manage the gap between him and kelley. Cant remember but at one point kelley caught him with maybe and hour or 30 minutes to go and he just gapped him and put at least a minute on him at the end of the race. not to mention he had 5 minutes on kr. just crazy.
LungButter
9/14/2020 10:50am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2020 10:57am
One race deal for now.

https://racerxonline.com/2020/09/14/insight-steward-baylor

This is an epic interview, made me an even bigger fan. He has some damn good points.

"I wish the guys who make the decisions at the end of the day would actually come to the races and see I have the right persona. If I’ve got to change to make money, I’ll do it, but when you walk around from campfire to campfire at these races, you don’t see people in suits. You see people in cut off T-shirts holding a beer. Those are the guys that are buying motorcycles. I think the corporate play is all wrong. From my perspective everything is completely backwards. They should be trying to relate to their customers. The only people wearing buttoned-down shirts are on pro row."
WDSRCR
9/14/2020 11:53am
LungButter wrote:
One race deal for now. https://racerxonline.com/2020/09/14/insight-steward-baylor This is an epic interview, made me an even bigger fan. He has some damn good points. "I wish the...
One race deal for now.

https://racerxonline.com/2020/09/14/insight-steward-baylor

This is an epic interview, made me an even bigger fan. He has some damn good points.

"I wish the guys who make the decisions at the end of the day would actually come to the races and see I have the right persona. If I’ve got to change to make money, I’ll do it, but when you walk around from campfire to campfire at these races, you don’t see people in suits. You see people in cut off T-shirts holding a beer. Those are the guys that are buying motorcycles. I think the corporate play is all wrong. From my perspective everything is completely backwards. They should be trying to relate to their customers. The only people wearing buttoned-down shirts are on pro row."
He's not wrong. Even guys who aren't "rednecks" at the races aren't uptight "Rhonda's" who can't handle criticism or misinterpret us rider/racer's humor...

9/14/2020 12:53pm
That was a really down to earth interview. Anyone know why he got sacked from sherco?
9/14/2020 1:21pm
He worked some God level mind games into that interview!
user760a
9/14/2020 1:22pm
That was a really down to earth interview. Anyone know why he got sacked from sherco?
I think it was more of a situation where he bailed on sherco....not sure
JoeWV
9/14/2020 5:18pm
Anybody know what happened with Toth? Bike or injury?
navalseabee
9/14/2020 5:43pm
Stu is the man, met him a few times now even shared a Busch at an NEPG once. Super pumped to see him win.
mhog
9/16/2020 8:23am
Any news on Amapro Yamaha signing Stu for the remainder of the year? Surely, they would want the results he can produce.
LungButter
9/16/2020 8:45am
mhog wrote:
Any news on Amapro Yamaha signing Stu for the remainder of the year? Surely, they would want the results he can produce.
4 Rounds to go in the Enduro Series he has a decent shot of getting Yamaha their first title there in quite awhile if they give him a ride. Seems a lot more realistic since Toth went out with leg injury last weekend.

That puts him 17 points back of his brother, and the Sherco is certain to let him down at least one more time this year, and 11 points back from Kelley who he consistently beats in the Enduro series.

Come on BluCru, give the man some bikes, a modest paycheck, bonuses and let him ride!!!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
9/16/2020 8:59am
Can one of you guys give us a bio or background on him?

Seems like he has a NFG style to how he speaks and what he feels.
Tuna
9/16/2020 9:04am
Because he likes to open his mouth.
Shredder
Fantasy
1242nd
9/16/2020 9:06am
Amazing that he could do that on a practice bike without a factory ECU...
hard2kill
9/16/2020 10:01am
Ramrod wrote:
Can one of you guys give us a bio or background on him? Seems like he has a NFG style to how he speaks and what...

He wasn't always so brash as he is now. I think KTM and other sectors of the industry pushed him to that point by treating him like a lesser person than some other riders.

KR is no more of a statesman than Stu, yet he was welcomed into the club (for various reasons) which some of you all no doubt know. I have little doubt that if Stu would have received the same treatment as KR over the years he would have had similar and probably more success.
LungButter
9/16/2020 10:18am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2020 10:21am
Ramrod wrote:
Can one of you guys give us a bio or background on him? Seems like he has a NFG style to how he speaks and what...

4 Time National Enduro Champ (one at a really young age if I remember right?)

GNCC XC2 Champion

Full Gas Sprint Enduro Champ

Was on the winning ISDE team last year and has also been on a Junior Team that won ISDE.

He did have a Factory KTM ride for awhile, as well as several support rides over the years but he is his own man and doesn't shy away from that. Seems to be that most teams are a little afraid of him despite the fact that he can show up and win, any day, any time, any conditions, at any series on the East Coast.

If Hawkins doesn't want him, Yamaha should cough up the support/bonuses for him to do his own thing and make ends meat. He could legitimately bring them a GNCC and Enduro title next year. His ride this weekend shows his plenty capable of making the bike work with the connections and resources he has, he didn't use AmPro suspension set up, he had some done by his own guy.
Rnewton632
Fantasy
1192nd
9/16/2020 3:52pm
Ramrod wrote:

hard2kill wrote:
He wasn't always so brash as he is now. I think KTM and other sectors of the industry pushed him to that point by treating him...
He wasn't always so brash as he is now. I think KTM and other sectors of the industry pushed him to that point by treating him like a lesser person than some other riders.

KR is no more of a statesman than Stu, yet he was welcomed into the club (for various reasons) which some of you all no doubt know. I have little doubt that if Stu would have received the same treatment as KR over the years he would have had similar and probably more success.
While I completely agree that Stu Baylor is a beast, comparing him to Kailub Russell is a bit of a stretch. Their careers have spanned most of the same timeframe, and Stu has always been on top level equipment. Including the same factory team, at the same time as Kailub. As of today, I believe Stu has 4 overall wins and zero XC1 championships. KR has nearly 70 overalls with 7 ( soon to be 8) straight championships. Regardless, it’s a damn shame that any GNCC racer that’s capable of podium finishes isn’t making a good living. Extremely difficult sport and the guys at the top are animals!
9/16/2020 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2020 5:11am
Many of you here are totally oblivious to the true story here. Sherco let him go with no explanation at all. He explained that clearly on the OTP podcast the other day. He’s an outspoken guy, who lives his life like the rest of us and doesn’t try to pull off some kind of corporate bullshit. He likes to eat good like we all do and have a beer or two when the time right. What’s wrong with that? Yeah sure he’s outspoken and doesn’t hold anything back, but none of you can deny the fact the dude is a bad mother&%$#@!er on a bike. Stew is the most accomplished offroad racer right behind KR yet gets constantly treated as an outcast. Corporate shit is ridiculous. He didn’t race the Kawi because he has been training the next generation of racers, practicing, and dogging the shit out of the thing. How many of you would trust a bike with that kind of abuse for a 3 hour GNCC at the highest level? Exactly. I think I read years ago that he puts 300+ hours on his bikes each year. He rides all the time. I believe he said it best when he said, “I don’t have a plan moving forward. If me winning, and then that big crowd at the finish line cheering doesn’t say everything about me, then, I guess I’ll leave that up to the teams.“ He WILL get an offer and be right there with Duvall, Bollinger, Kelley, and both Strang and Toth next year when the time comes. He’s proven enough at this point. The man has bills to pay, that doesn’t make him a crybaby to explain himself and talk about how shafted he has been by everyone around him. If being himself isn’t enough for these teams then they don’t deserve him anyways. Trust me, a team will pick him up and he will potentially even take this enduro title this year as well. Shit, he could do it on his own if he could get the funds. Stew is a bad ass dude and he doesn’t care what anyone thinks about him. If you’ve got a problem with that then you shouldn’t even be part of this sport. Let the dude live how he wants to live. He clearly can still win a 3 hour brutal GNCC on a bike he had an hour an 20 minutes on. Are you guys insane? Dude is an animal. Open your eyes.
Tuna
9/17/2020 4:44am
grobbins81 wrote:
Many of you here are totally oblivious to the true story here. Sherco let him go with no explanation at all. He explained that clearly on...
Many of you here are totally oblivious to the true story here. Sherco let him go with no explanation at all. He explained that clearly on the OTP podcast the other day. He’s an outspoken guy, who lives his life like the rest of us and doesn’t try to pull off some kind of corporate bullshit. He likes to eat good like we all do and have a beer or two when the time right. What’s wrong with that? Yeah sure he’s outspoken and doesn’t hold anything back, but none of you can deny the fact the dude is a bad mother&%$#@!er on a bike. Stew is the most accomplished offroad racer right behind KR yet gets constantly treated as an outcast. Corporate shit is ridiculous. He didn’t race the Kawi because he has been training the next generation of racers, practicing, and dogging the shit out of the thing. How many of you would trust a bike with that kind of abuse for a 3 hour GNCC at the highest level? Exactly. I think I read years ago that he puts 300+ hours on his bikes each year. He rides all the time. I believe he said it best when he said, “I don’t have a plan moving forward. If me winning, and then that big crowd at the finish line cheering doesn’t say everything about me, then, I guess I’ll leave that up to the teams.“ He WILL get an offer and be right there with Duvall, Bollinger, Kelley, and both Strang and Toth next year when the time comes. He’s proven enough at this point. The man has bills to pay, that doesn’t make him a crybaby to explain himself and talk about how shafted he has been by everyone around him. If being himself isn’t enough for these teams then they don’t deserve him anyways. Trust me, a team will pick him up and he will potentially even take this enduro title this year as well. Shit, he could do it on his own if he could get the funds. Stew is a bad ass dude and he doesn’t care what anyone thinks about him. If you’ve got a problem with that then you shouldn’t even be part of this sport. Let the dude live how he wants to live. He clearly can still win a 3 hour brutal GNCC on a bike he had an hour an 20 minutes on. Are you guys insane? Dude is an animal. Open your eyes.
I don’t think anyone is telling the guy how to live. You reap what you sow. You seem upset man.
9/17/2020 4:56am
grobbins81 wrote:
Many of you here are totally oblivious to the true story here. Sherco let him go with no explanation at all. He explained that clearly on...
Tuna wrote:
I don’t think anyone is telling the guy how to live. You reap what you sow. You seem upset man.
Lol okay disregard my comments then, no upset feelings here. Super pumped for the dude. Just find it funny he gets all this praise now when it was well deserved years ago. No disrespect to anyone, dude just deserves more opportunities like the one he received this past weekend because he’s clearly capable of being right there in the front .
agn5009
9/17/2020 5:00am
grobbins81 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
grobbins81 wrote:
Lol okay disregard my comments then, no upset feelings here. Super pumped for the dude. Just find it funny he gets all this praise now when...
Lol okay disregard my comments then, no upset feelings here. Super pumped for the dude. Just find it funny he gets all this praise now when it was well deserved years ago. No disrespect to anyone, dude just deserves more opportunities like the one he received this past weekend because he’s clearly capable of being right there in the front .
He doesn't get praise because he's taken a back seat to Russell and Duvall since they've all been in the XC1 class. Stu is an amazing rider and I'm really happy for him that he got the win this past weekend but if you honestly think he has had anything for Russell and Duvall then you're just lying to yourself.

Post a reply to: How about Stu Baylor!

The Latest