How about Max Anstie to Troy Lee Designs KTM in 2020.?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2019 5:41 PM

He’s won Grand Prix’s on a Kawasaki 250f
Use to race in the states, something happened
with him and Jason Anderson at Loretta Lynn’s,
can’t remember what it was about.?
He lost his ride at, Standing Construction KTM
after this year. Photo

|

8/14/2019 5:50 PM

They are trying to fill in the hole, not dig it deeper.

|

8/14/2019 5:54 PM

JERRY JERRY JERRY

|

8/14/2019 6:01 PM

Wasn’t there some talk of him coming back to the states last off season as well? Would be great to see him give it another go

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

8/14/2019 6:28 PM

akmx17 wrote:

They are trying to fill in the hole, not dig it deeper.

By hiring a double Moto winner at MXON? Anyone who has straight up beat JH84, home soil or not, is more than deserving of a 250 ride in the states

|

shit'll buff out

8/14/2019 8:28 PM

Would be surprising for KTM to come up with the budget to get him to TLD KTM but not have the budget to keep him on his current KTM supported team when they got their first moto win together less than a week ago.

|

8/14/2019 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2019 8:42 PM

It's an interesting thought. I remember him racing some SX back when Barcia/Tomac/Anderson were in their early years and his results were not horrific by any stretch, but I'm guessing it's been a while since he trained on SX at all. In fact, I remember in a post-race interview in 2012 (Phoenix I think) Tomac kind of called him out for dirty riding, without naming him. Something like "almost got cleaned out by a guy off the start who's always been a dirty rider" and it was Anstie who started next to him.

https://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/max-anstie/races

Still, he's 27 years old and has won motos in the premiere class. Hard to imagine him wanting to step back onto a little bike, unless the money was really, really good.

EDIT: Hilarious to go back through Anstie's outdoor results from 2009 and see Alex Martin and Martin Davalos in there and I'm saying Anstie might be too old to go back to a 250!

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

8/14/2019 8:49 PM

He was so close to winning San Diego in 2010

|

8/14/2019 8:54 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

By hiring a double Moto winner at MXON? Anyone who has straight up beat JH84, home soil or not, is more than deserving of a ...more

I don’t understand the thumbs downs. I bet Anstie finishes higher than Falk, Drake, etc if he races in the states

|

8/14/2019 9:31 PM

Rab wrote:

I don’t understand the thumbs downs. I bet Anstie finishes higher than Falk, Drake, etc if he races in the states

I think some of the parents and siblings are in here laughing

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

8/14/2019 9:44 PM

Antsie should be winning motos if he came and raced a 250. Dude has won 450 races in Europe!!

|

8/14/2019 10:12 PM

He is big dude for 250 now.

|

8/15/2019 12:58 AM

Bring him back!

|

8/15/2019 1:55 AM

motomoto652 wrote:

Would be surprising for KTM to come up with the budget to get him to TLD KTM but not have the budget to keep him on his ...more

Why? KTM has improved their MXGP lineup by adding Jorge Prado for next year. They now have a lineup of Herlings, Cairoli, Prado and Coldenhoff. Adding Anstie to that mix offers not much value.

Anstie also isnt allowed to race mx2, so no value over there.
However adding Anstie in the 250 mix in the US would mean instant outdoor championship contender. That does offer value, but is likely up to the us department to decide.

|

8/15/2019 4:37 AM

Be great for a fill in ride since he has about 4 motos a year he shows up for results wise.

|

8/15/2019 5:12 AM

He could be a good pick for them, someone with some experience and maturity to help ground out the younger guys. They don't have a lot of options if they in fact lost McAdoo and they weren't able to lure Forkner away from PC. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see tickle fill in for them next year since he will be eligible for lites again and has been helping them out on a part time basis.

|

8/15/2019 5:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2019 5:22 AM

He should come race 450MX only to start next year, he would do way better than Ferris.

The guy can fly, he is just always injured.

|

8/15/2019 5:45 AM

He can race SX . I'd love to see him over here but on a 450.

|

8/15/2019 5:51 AM

How many bikes and rides that He doesn't own can this guy give away?

|

8/15/2019 5:57 AM

I'd pass on him. He seems to hit the ground way too often.
You can't win, when you don't line up.

|

8/15/2019 6:05 AM

Would be nice to add another guy to the states, but his SX would be seriously lacking in today’s field and he hits the deck a lot and is incredibly inconsistent. Only two sandyish tracks and they both could be very hot and humid. Still I would look at him. If Honda has a spot open for 450 outdoors that could be a good fit, make it a results based contract and let him train for outdoors all year to let him get a leg up. Perhaps TLD 250s, but man is he a head case and inconsistent.

|

8/15/2019 6:23 AM

Why hire a guy that can’t win?

|

8/15/2019 6:45 AM

Efritts75 wrote:

Why hire a guy that can’t win?

he just won a moto 2 weeks ago

|

8/15/2019 9:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2019 9:06 AM

motomoto652 wrote:

Would be surprising for KTM to come up with the budget to get him to TLD KTM but not have the budget to keep him on his ...more

roninho wrote:

Why? KTM has improved their MXGP lineup by adding Jorge Prado for next year. They now have a lineup of Herlings, Cairoli, ...more

Doesn’t KTM operate on a global Motorsports budget rather than separate America/Europe of the Japanese OEMS? Not enough budget in Europe coincides with US. It would be great for it to happen, but there would seem to be hurdles.

|

8/15/2019 11:15 AM

motomoto652 wrote:

roninho wrote:

Why? KTM has improved their MXGP lineup by adding Jorge Prado for next year. They now have a lineup of Herlings, Cairoli, ...more

motomoto652 wrote:

Doesn’t KTM operate on a global Motorsports budget rather than separate America/Europe of the Japanese OEMS? Not enough budget ...more

My point is that he is not a good fit for the budget allocated to mxgp, but could be a good fit for the budget allocated to the us 250 class.
He'd have a factory ride in 250 gps if he was 22

|

8/15/2019 11:21 AM

Henry miller.

|

8/15/2019 11:24 AM

Jess Pettis.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/15/2019 12:01 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Henry miller.

You think Henry miller is better than max anstie?

|

8/15/2019 12:03 PM

Max still rides supercross fairly regularly over here, don’t get me wrong the tracks aren’t too gnarly but he defo rides one at least once every month or so

|

8/15/2019 1:46 PM

Maybe it’s the fact that the field of good riders is over flowing in both classes. Not enough rides/teams. And Privateer life, is only for a selected few. Maybe he can try the Canadian Series. Getting second chances for factory rides are become scarce. Not just for a talent like Max. But many others. The Dean and Osborne stories is very few. Just a win for the other series and fans that follow them if these guys decide to move onto other series. Believe this will help the sport as a whole.

|