How about Darian Sanayei?

ehr400
Man, this kid keeps getting better each week. Doesn't get a whole lot of press but he has been impressing me the last year or so. He had the fastest lap both motos. Keep hearing about hunter Lawerence bla bla, I think Darian has more to give, espicially if he had a more reliable bike. Jesus Christ every week there is a DNF due to mechanical or something. He rode his back up bike in qualifying race because the main one had issues, again. Just my 2 cents but seems like a nice kid too.
|
Bidirella
3/26/2018 3:12am
Getting better every year! He would be a good fit for Rockstar husky or Kamea Yamaha next year
DoubleA
3/26/2018 3:24am
Well with Covington moving back to the states for next year he might have a spot there, not sure when his contract ends though.
ehr400
3/26/2018 3:39am
DoubleA wrote:
Well with Covington moving back to the states for next year he might have a spot there, not sure when his contract ends though.
I would just like him to be on a more reliable bike to be honest. Seems like Dixons bikes have had reliability issues since he has been on Kawis. I remember Max Anstie having alot of DNF's when not crashing. Lol.

I think this is the last year of his deal with Dixon?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/26/2018 3:56am
He was really good all weekend. In moto 1 the fastest rider for about half the race. Bad start.
Second moto not sure what happened he made like 2 seconds a lap up on Jonass and was on his back wheel and then suddenly dropped his pace and Jonass gapped him again.
He will get a win soon

The Shop

DoubleA
3/26/2018 4:05am
ehr400 wrote:
I would just like him to be on a more reliable bike to be honest. Seems like Dixons bikes have had reliability issues since he has...
I would just like him to be on a more reliable bike to be honest. Seems like Dixons bikes have had reliability issues since he has been on Kawis. I remember Max Anstie having alot of DNF's when not crashing. Lol.

Dixon's bikes are fast for sure but they have always been unreliable. I think if Darian gets a holeshot second wont see him again if his bike lasts the whole race.

DRT has never been too lucky either their riders crashing out or the bike breaking.
Titane
3/26/2018 4:15am
I was his mechanic in 2016 when we were Emx250 vice champ, what a good kid ! Hard worker
philG
3/26/2018 4:50am
Titane wrote:
I was his mechanic in 2016 when we were Emx250 vice champ, what a good kid ! Hard worker
So how long did it take you to do a camchain ? LOL,,
Titane
3/26/2018 5:00am
Why ?
We were not racing for Drt
It was bud racing team
ayearinmx
3/26/2018 5:17am
DoubleA wrote:
Thomas hasn't confirmed what he's doing next year... He can still ride MX2.

And I'm sure you'll be able to hear a bit more from Darian on this very website very soon...
ayearinmx
3/26/2018 5:19am
DoubleA wrote:
Thomas hasn't confirmed what he's doing next year... He can still ride MX2.

And I'm sure you'll be able to hear a bit more from Darian on this very website very soon...
ehr400
3/26/2018 7:11am
Thats kinda what I thought, I figured Tom will stay in Europe, he seems to like it over there.

Look forward to hearing more on him, he seems to be way under the radar here.
3/26/2018 7:21am
ehr400 wrote:
I would just like him to be on a more reliable bike to be honest. Seems like Dixons bikes have had reliability issues since he has...

Max Anstie actually had the most problems back when they were still on Yamaha. I believe that's also one of the reasons they switched to kawi: they couldn't get the yammie to run the way they wanted. I think steve is just always pushing the limits of what's possible.
bennytree
3/26/2018 9:04am
Fun to Watch the Americans over there. He is def up to Par with Covington at this point.
DRT
3/26/2018 9:08am
I suppose when you have have been neary the longest team running in GP's and have taken the most amount of riders to their first wins apart from factory KTM, it would notice that we have problems sometimes. But if you want to take it to factory KTM with their budget and staff then you need to push the envelope, with the season so busy its hard to get everything correct with just a few staff. I certainly do not like to break bikes but we have had some hard riders on the bikes, if you remember we came over to USA did 4 rounds with Zach and came away joint 2nd in the points with a bike that was supposedly junk (5 Valve, Ohlins etc). We work hard and make a huge amout of stuff in house, including lately the throttle bodies, wiring loom and currently sit with the lightest bike in the class. I do not go racing to sit steady in 5th -8th position, F1 have the biggest budgets and most staff but every week you see breakdowns, why? because winning is made in the last few % that you have to find, either from machine or rider, but you need both. But I have large shoulders to take critisism and advice, also I have an open pocket to accept large cheques Smile ) plus i enjoy the banter on here.
HenryA
3/26/2018 12:49pm
The kid is really fast. Would love to see him pass Jonass straight up, better luck next time!
jeffro503
3/26/2018 12:57pm
So weird seeing a local kid mixing it up in GP's. Seemed just like a couple years ago I was watching him tear up the 50cc , 65cc and 85cc classes. Man , time flies.
3/26/2018 1:10pm
funny someone posted this. i was watching the race recap and holy shit yes he is ripping.

man al those guys over there i swear seem to rip way faster then a lot of the americans. i’m jus sayin. those dudes are on fuckin rails
3/26/2018 1:10pm
DRT - fully committed to speed and pushing the envelope in the 250 class, they go to the line in total belief that they can win and nothing else will do. SD is without doubt a pioneer in stretching the budget and the HP output from his bikes ! It’s gotta be the most talked about euro team on this forum - bring it on Steve
themrtoad
3/26/2018 2:10pm
DRT - what are the biggest pros with the 3speed? Love what your team are doing and I hope you guys have a great 2018. Hopefully Tommy can stay heathy and Darian get some podiums or even wins. Agueda should suit him too I guess
bsharkey
3/26/2018 2:23pm
jeffro503 wrote:
So weird seeing a local kid mixing it up in GP's. Seemed just like a couple years ago I was watching him tear up the 50cc...
So weird seeing a local kid mixing it up in GP's. Seemed just like a couple years ago I was watching him tear up the 50cc , 65cc and 85cc classes. Man , time flies.
Lol yup. He lived about 15 miles from us. I remember when everyone used to say look there's a kid on a 65 doing that huge jump and I heard that a lot
karsmakers
3/26/2018 3:22pm
Every race I watch the KTM's seem to come to the first turn leading. They clearly have the best bikes with the Husky's a distant second. Honda, Kawa, Suzuki? KTM seem to dominate both classes.
3/26/2018 3:49pm
I dig that DRT pushes the envelope with their bikes and really gets creative like the factory teams use to. More power to DIXON. And cheques for those big pockets to allow more crazy shit
TymeMoto
3/26/2018 3:51pm
If Covington DOES comeback to the US do you think he ends up riding for Mitch on Pro Circuit Kawi? I know before he went to Europe he had a ride lined up at PC coming out of amateurs.

Could be a great opportunity if Savatgy and Davalos move up to 450s
visser62
3/26/2018 3:52pm
I'll be rooting for him. We don't get a lot of PNW guys at his level, and I'm very happy to see him riding so well.
MXMattii
3/26/2018 3:56pm
Titane wrote:
He was very good at BUD Racing! That team giving some of those "undrafted" top talents a chance is so great! Some EMX125 teams should do the same too because there are some good 85cc and Supermini kids who seem a bit to small to make the full jump to the 250 class in the US.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
3/26/2018 3:57pm
Im not a local, like some of the posters above, but saw him rip at am nationals on the small bikes. You could tell he had “it” level speed. Was really fun to watch him come around.
MXMattii
3/26/2018 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2018 4:12pm
kzizok wrote:
Im not a local, like some of the posters above, but saw him rip at am nationals on the small bikes. You could tell he had...
Im not a local, like some of the posters above, but saw him rip at am nationals on the small bikes. You could tell he had “it” level speed. Was really fun to watch him come around.
Kid has also the work hard and do everything to get better mentality. First he lived in France to be at Bud Racing, and trust me in France, not many people speak English, so he must have felt alone sometimes. But he did it and became second in the EMX250 championship. Last year he lived in Great-Britain but because he thinks he can make more progress living in Belgium, he's now living in Belgium. Again a country where the native langue isn't English.

But it all doesn't seems to care him much, he does it all to become a better motocross rider! If you've that attitude, you can't fail I guess! Really hope he can win a GP this year and find a nice new team for next season, or Dixon more money so he can work on reliability.

He still has one or even two seasons MX2 left with the age limit at 23. Because this is his DOB 14 June 1996. Dunno if you can still enter a season if you are already 23.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
3/26/2018 4:48pm
DRT wrote:
I suppose when you have have been neary the longest team running in GP's and have taken the most amount of riders to their first wins...
I suppose when you have have been neary the longest team running in GP's and have taken the most amount of riders to their first wins apart from factory KTM, it would notice that we have problems sometimes. But if you want to take it to factory KTM with their budget and staff then you need to push the envelope, with the season so busy its hard to get everything correct with just a few staff. I certainly do not like to break bikes but we have had some hard riders on the bikes, if you remember we came over to USA did 4 rounds with Zach and came away joint 2nd in the points with a bike that was supposedly junk (5 Valve, Ohlins etc). We work hard and make a huge amout of stuff in house, including lately the throttle bodies, wiring loom and currently sit with the lightest bike in the class. I do not go racing to sit steady in 5th -8th position, F1 have the biggest budgets and most staff but every week you see breakdowns, why? because winning is made in the last few % that you have to find, either from machine or rider, but you need both. But I have large shoulders to take critisism and advice, also I have an open pocket to accept large cheques Smile ) plus i enjoy the banter on here.
Hey Steve, I’m still waiting on my “wiring loom” that I paid for in the MXdN VIP package to hook my rental motor home up to the generators at the track.....

Oh that’s right.... we were told 5 times over the course of 3 days the the electricians were on the way... and they never showed, and we never got power.
3/26/2018 7:21pm
I'm still waiting for my 2009 or 10 MXoN shirt with the TV package from the fat bastard Longutto
B DUB 333
3/26/2018 9:33pm
crusty_xx wrote:
He was really good all weekend. In moto 1 the fastest rider for about half the race. Bad start. Second moto not sure what happened he...
He was really good all weekend. In moto 1 the fastest rider for about half the race. Bad start.
Second moto not sure what happened he made like 2 seconds a lap up on Jonass and was on his back wheel and then suddenly dropped his pace and Jonass gapped him again.
He will get a win soon
It's a well known fact luongo or however you spell his name, has told the American riders that they chance they're career by winning. Covington could've mopped up last year but backed off to secure his future in the states. The AMA has struck a deal to send guys over but it's a feeder system for the AMA, not for AMA riders to make the gp series look weak

Post a reply to: How about Darian Sanayei?

The Latest