How about Bonds!?!?

TWicks
2/8/2010 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:30pm
First SX back in 7 years and he pulls off a 15th in the 450 main!

Good ride Bondo!
|
ebers
Fantasy
170th
2/8/2010 7:43pm
Yea I thought the same thing!

I was wondering though, I saw an interview of him commenting that his source of income is dependent on his results, so just curious if he was full privateer status at the sx and what prompted him to do it?

Congrats to Bondsregardless!!
bondsmx
2/8/2010 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:39pm
i am on full privateer status. I had a roof over my head at the sx thanks to the Wonder Warthog guys. As for my decision to race, it really wasn't even my own, my dad starting telling me i should get back out there and try it since i got myself into really good shape this year and finally got myself down to a weight that would be acceptable on a sx track.
He bugged me for over two months until i said i'd give it a try. Which happened to be on jan 1st. My dad went out and bought me a 2009 kx, we sent the suspension off and it took over 3 weeks to get back to us. So, i rode tuesday and part of wens (the week of the race) before we got the bike ready for the weekend. It was tough, i haven't raced/rode sx in over 7 years, then got a day and a half of practice, then raced a stock bike. i was pretty happy with the end result considering the circumstances.

Thanks to everyone who has told me good job, im on the forums everyday looking through here, so i read it all. Thanks again guys. Hopefully with a few more days at the practice track, i can do better this weekend.

p.s. Hey guyb, you get any photos of me this weekend, i would like to see any if you got them.

The Shop

stumpjumper
2/8/2010 8:55pm
Are you racing any outdoors in between the worcs?Riding at Rhynos,Seems like you could get results,Good to see you're healthy and congrats.
roby029
Fantasy
2063rd
2/8/2010 9:01pm
that sounds like a good idea put bonds on shorts bike this weekend..
bondsmx
2/8/2010 9:03pm
i do hope to get to as many outdoors as possible, kinda depends on what kinda support i can get. I would love to do all of them, or atleast the 11 of them that dont conflict with WORCS races
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
2/8/2010 9:04pm
Right on BBonds! Was pumped to see you in the main and damn surprised to see you on an SX track.
bondsmx
2/8/2010 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:39pm
Right on BBonds! Was pumped to see you in the main and damn surprised to see you on an SX track.
i was suprised to be there believe me.

hey, you think i could get some sponsorship from rainbow studios? lol

here comes bonds on his Maxxis/wonder warthog/ mx vs atv reflex kawasaki.

sounds good right??
soren346
2/8/2010 9:19pm
Tons of talent, tons of potential, would love to see him back full time. Yup, honda should put him on Short's bike
Factoryphoto
2/8/2010 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:39pm
Good stuff Bobby still stuff you in Reflex Smile
crf250pilot
2/8/2010 9:29pm
Wow, congrats Mr. bonds!! thats amazing for sure. You got my vote for Short's bike too and someone needs to talk to nike and let this guy run Stewart's magic 6.0 boots, just watch for traffic when they take you into super scrub mode.
Factoryphoto
2/8/2010 9:32pm
Yep BB already looks good on Hondas

Rockwell
2/8/2010 9:56pm
great job!
bryno74
2/8/2010 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2010 4:21pm
Delete
bondsmx
2/8/2010 10:22pm
thanks bryno, got anymore? i promise i wont use them for anything other then personal use.

e-mail me if you got anything, bondsmx@gmail.com

thanks again
BobbyM
2/8/2010 10:28pm
bondsmx wrote:
i am on full privateer status. I had a roof over my head at the sx thanks to the Wonder Warthog guys. As for my decision...
i am on full privateer status. I had a roof over my head at the sx thanks to the Wonder Warthog guys. As for my decision to race, it really wasn't even my own, my dad starting telling me i should get back out there and try it since i got myself into really good shape this year and finally got myself down to a weight that would be acceptable on a sx track.
He bugged me for over two months until i said i'd give it a try. Which happened to be on jan 1st. My dad went out and bought me a 2009 kx, we sent the suspension off and it took over 3 weeks to get back to us. So, i rode tuesday and part of wens (the week of the race) before we got the bike ready for the weekend. It was tough, i haven't raced/rode sx in over 7 years, then got a day and a half of practice, then raced a stock bike. i was pretty happy with the end result considering the circumstances.

Thanks to everyone who has told me good job, im on the forums everyday looking through here, so i read it all. Thanks again guys. Hopefully with a few more days at the practice track, i can do better this weekend.

p.s. Hey guyb, you get any photos of me this weekend, i would like to see any if you got them.
well fucking alright!! scott the boss hog told me about it before the race...getting you under the hog awning, he was stoked. good job bonds!
BobbyM
2/8/2010 10:30pm
bondsmx wrote:
i am on full privateer status. I had a roof over my head at the sx thanks to the Wonder Warthog guys. As for my decision...

were you tempted to...you know take out langstons wheel? Smile
bondsmx
2/8/2010 10:33pm
thanks bobby. I was not tempted to do anything like that, i was way to far off the pace to be thinking about anything of that nature. lol
oldx
2/8/2010 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2010 11:01pm
Good ride, see you at a WORCS race near me. WORCS Week at Straddleline this year.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
2/9/2010 5:16pm
bondsmx wrote:
i was suprised to be there believe me. hey, you think i could get some sponsorship from rainbow studios? lol here comes bonds on his Maxxis/wonder...
i was suprised to be there believe me.

hey, you think i could get some sponsorship from rainbow studios? lol

here comes bonds on his Maxxis/wonder warthog/ mx vs atv reflex kawasaki.

sounds good right??
Sounds good to me too. If I was the guy with the check book I'd have your bike wrapped in Reflex for sure.
P
2/9/2010 5:44pm
bondsmx wrote:

Big ups man, big ups. Keep putting it down and try to make it to the Atlanta SX or Budds Creek!!

P
MX45
2/9/2010 6:15pm
Hey Bobby. You looked good out there. That would be awesome for you to do some nationals.
bmoto816
2/9/2010 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:41pm
Bobby is the man, he was looking really good at Rd 1 of the WORCS series till he had a few problems.

Here are a few from last year

bmoto816
2/9/2010 7:27pm
ooopps!
Bobby is the man! Congrats to you for a great start of the year and your new baby

Post a reply to: How about Bonds!?!?

The Latest