How/Why does the broadcast miss all of these crashes?

Martin's crash today, Macadoo last week, Marvin in Supercross. How do they manage to miss these crashes?
|
Bot
6/5/2021 5:21pm
Martin's crash today, Macadoo last week, Marvin in Supercross. How do they manage to miss these crashes?
Theres a vid of Marvins but wasnt from the broadcast
6/5/2021 5:24pm
Bot wrote:
Theres a vid of Marvins but wasnt from the broadcast
Uh, that's my point.
6/5/2021 6:51pm
Most likely because the tracks are huge and the ROI for motocross doesn’t justify more cameras and crew
Sully
6/5/2021 7:52pm
Probably because the camera is following something else that isn't the guy going down. Look at Hampshire's crash; it was just outside the camera's view.

My only real bitch about the production today was the stupid decision to cut to a replay while Kenny and Ferrandis were still neck and neck.

The Shop

6/5/2021 8:29pm
Sully wrote:
Probably because the camera is following something else that isn't the guy going down. Look at Hampshire's crash; it was just outside the camera's view. My...
Probably because the camera is following something else that isn't the guy going down. Look at Hampshire's crash; it was just outside the camera's view.

My only real bitch about the production today was the stupid decision to cut to a replay while Kenny and Ferrandis were still neck and neck.
Yeah that’s true. And yeah I was pissed about that! Oh well. The racing was great today
50dippin
6/7/2021 8:50am
is it just me or has every major pass or change in running order happened during a commercial these last two rounds? Come back from commercial and the entire leaderboard has changed...
mxtech1
6/7/2021 9:37am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2021 9:38am
Tin foil hat time...

The camera crew is pretty good at covering ALL of the action and there are very few things that they miss, in my opinion. What we see on the broadcast is a different story. The producers are picking and choosing what clips and cameras are showing.

I've noticed a big shift in wreck coverage this last year, starting with SX. It seems that the broadcasts are now less willing to replay a wreck clip when/if the rider gets hurt. I would assume their are certain parties involved trying to minimize their liability if they don't air the crash on the broadcast.

Rider tips over or washes out in a corner, no big deal, they will show it. Hampshire goes cartwheeling through he air, but bounces right back up and rejoins the race. Air it. But if they suspect bodily injury to the rider, they aren't showing the wreck replay, all they will show is the rider post-wreck.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I off base with this?

Mr. Afterbar
6/7/2021 9:40am
50dippin wrote:
is it just me or has every major pass or change in running order happened during a commercial these last two rounds? Come back from commercial...
is it just me or has every major pass or change in running order happened during a commercial these last two rounds? Come back from commercial and the entire leaderboard has changed...
If you don't want to miss anything, a month of peacock is less than the cost of a meal.
snillum
Fantasy
329th
6/7/2021 10:59am
Another thing, imagine you are the camera man, the director told you the leaders are coming to your section so be pointing at bike 94, 9, and 2. Then 94, 9, and 2 go by, what riders do you watch next? Which one is going to crash so that you know you need to be filming that rider?

The top three just went through your section so you are trying to spot positions 4-7 but they are already at the mid point battling for position. Rider in 10 crashed right at the beginning on your section... Why didn't you have the camera on 10th instead of 4-7 coming through so that 50dippin could see him crash?
6/7/2021 11:01am
Yes, why can't 10 cameras show me all 40 riders at all times. I feel like there is an answer, but I just can't put my finger on it.
DC
6/7/2021 11:05am
mxtech1 wrote:
Tin foil hat time... The camera crew is pretty good at covering ALL of the action and there are very few things that they miss, in...
Tin foil hat time...

The camera crew is pretty good at covering ALL of the action and there are very few things that they miss, in my opinion. What we see on the broadcast is a different story. The producers are picking and choosing what clips and cameras are showing.

I've noticed a big shift in wreck coverage this last year, starting with SX. It seems that the broadcasts are now less willing to replay a wreck clip when/if the rider gets hurt. I would assume their are certain parties involved trying to minimize their liability if they don't air the crash on the broadcast.

Rider tips over or washes out in a corner, no big deal, they will show it. Hampshire goes cartwheeling through he air, but bounces right back up and rejoins the race. Air it. But if they suspect bodily injury to the rider, they aren't showing the wreck replay, all they will show is the rider post-wreck.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I off base with this?

Off base. They would have showed both J-Mart's crash and RJ's crash if they would have it, but both were back in the pack in the early going and the cameras missed it. Sometimes it's just really bad luck that they miss these things...

DC
Racer X
vetmxr
6/7/2021 4:23pm
Peacock missed Adams crash up front while showing a commercial on a network we pay money to not have commercials on???....
6/7/2021 6:13pm
vetmxr wrote:
Peacock missed Adams crash up front while showing a commercial on a network we pay money to not have commercials on???....
His crash at Pala? They definitely showed it.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
6/7/2021 6:19pm
Even worse why is so damn hard to watch American Motocross Internationally!! We are glad to pay and the so called "support" we need as a sport and so on... I know it's been discussed on other threads, but I was watching first 250 Moto on YT and was ready to watch 450 1 and they put it down....and damn Im pissed off
6/8/2021 6:20am
Pakoyz250f wrote:
Even worse why is so damn hard to watch American Motocross Internationally!! We are glad to pay and the so called "support" we need as a...
Even worse why is so damn hard to watch American Motocross Internationally!! We are glad to pay and the so called "support" we need as a sport and so on... I know it's been discussed on other threads, but I was watching first 250 Moto on YT and was ready to watch 450 1 and they put it down....and damn Im pissed off
Piratebay, they go up pretty quick, same guy has been doing it for years, he is a legend..

I move around different countries quite a lot and it’s been a real pain in the ass too, I’d be happy to pay to watch it, don’t understand why they don’t want my money because I’m not in the USA..
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
6/8/2021 11:36am
Piratebay, they go up pretty quick, same guy has been doing it for years, he is a legend.. I move around different countries quite a lot...
Piratebay, they go up pretty quick, same guy has been doing it for years, he is a legend..

I move around different countries quite a lot and it’s been a real pain in the ass too, I’d be happy to pay to watch it, don’t understand why they don’t want my money because I’m not in the USA..
Thanks!!

Don´t know anything about piratebay I'll look it up and do some research, is it safe? or any recommendations??
6/8/2021 1:56pm
More importantly, why in the fuck do you want to see riders crashing? You like seeing riders hurt?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/8/2021 3:39pm
Probably because the broadcast focuses on racing not crashing.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/8/2021 4:11pm
More importantly, why in the fuck do you want to see riders crashing? You like seeing riders hurt?
Good thing you never saw a "crash & burn " magazine back in the day. You would have been really upset.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
6/8/2021 9:54pm
this has been discussed on Pulpmx before.

really it comes down to there only being a handful of camera's recording the race and more often theyre looking at the leaders first. when that gets boring they then look for battles going back.
CPR
6/9/2021 2:52am
Easily fixed- let all the riders run GoPros, but have them linked to the broadcaster, so if something happens that they miss, then they always have a replay from the riders own cam or a nearby rider.

Post a reply to: How/Why does the broadcast miss all of these crashes?

The Latest