How James wins the Nat's Title and Makes $ on his OWN!

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:56am
Read it before you say, "B.S."...the answer's towards the bottom...

Perception, people, it's about "Perception"...as in Perceive...get it?

1 a : to attain awareness or understanding of
b : to regard as being such

How do the Fans (That IS how and why he gets the Benjis!)...How do THEY perceive James' attitude towards THEM and THE SPORT when he's on the Tube with Bitches and Benzos flyin' in the the -G- and trippin' like a Rock Star; yet,...and get this...this really IS precious...

He can't AFFORD to GO RACIN'...?

That doesn't translate too well. I see things as practical as possible and I'm an Ol'School Bubba fan; BUT! He -COULD- put a deal together for the Nat's IF HE REALLY WANTED TO!

L & M don't want to (Btw, they are profitable...thank you!).
Yamaha don't wanna right the check (Don't think McCarty can at the moment).
A Trans-Team deal doesn't look likely 'cause of Sponsor Conflicts and James' love of the Benjis (Think of Trey's Factory Conn & Team Honda swap).
James' and Co. don't see thngs the way MANY of you do...the Hero Status to be acheived by Putting THEIR OWN DEAL TOGETHER...
Yes, beyond L&M/San Man...he COULD get the Technical Support and Hardware: The rest is Sponsor Money and his need for the good stuff...like Private Air-Travel...you know...all that..."I'm jus' a regular guy" stuff.

Then there's this: What has he produced for his fans, this year, besides (Yawn) his T.V. gig?
There's the questions regarding...is HE still The Man?
There's the Sponsors that have shelled out the Benjis...
Red Bull
San Man
Nike
Yamaha
Answer
Dunlop
Bell
Oakley
ProTaper
One Industries
Alpinestars (Yes, they're still on-board!)

Those of you "in the Biz"...don't YOU wonder WTF they're thinkin'?
"Gee, we shelled out all this cash for the JS7 show and we got -1- race? Jeeeezus!"
Don't even bother with the ol' "Well, that's racin'!"
Not to the guy with the check-book!

A lil' Good Faith towards the Fans, the Sport, HIMSELF!, his Sponsors...His Intellectual Property (JS7 Ent.)...would go a Looooooooong way right now.

For his crew: Putting a deal together to go race the Nat's would take -3- weeks: Tops!

-3- WEEKS.

Hire a Mgr or a Co-ordinator.
A rig.
Grab Josh as a Team-mate.
Add a coupl'a "Lites" riders and throw Mookie in there after Lorretta's!
Get the Mechanics and Crew of choice.
Lease a Building (Or, hell, run it OUT OF THE HOUSE(The back-shop) in Florida!)

Tell D.C. you're comin' and to get you some potential sponsors to talk to (Davey knows EVERYONE!)

Call Red Bull.
Call Nike.
Tell Yamaha.
Call Answer.
Call Oakley.
Call Bell.
Get KYB on the phone.
Tell Dunlop.
All the way down the list of the current Sponsor Pkg...
(Btw, I don't see San Man as a likely sponsor...I'd like to BE WRONG)

Then...

Call potential "New Sponsors".

Arrange the finances, travel...plan it.

Start testing.

Win title.

This is where someone TRIES to convince me that IT CAN'T BE DONE, CAN'T BE PROFITABLE and/or I'm an Idiot.

Btw, once they do this: Why do they need L&M?

No worries. Bounce this off of Bill Keefe and tell me what he says...

Or ask Big James and he'll say,"Baby steps, man. Baby steps."

Don't forget: James has some serious "Pull".

I'm jus' knowin'...
|
TeamGreen
4/10/2010 8:26am
No, of-course not.

I did add a week, tho.

You don't think he/they could do their own thing?
4/10/2010 8:27am
Looks good and really easy on paper. Reality might be a little bit different.
jmar
4/10/2010 8:30am
TeamGreen wrote:
No, of-course not.

I did add a week, tho.

You don't think he/they could do their own thing?
And why should he do it. To make you and a very small (market wise) number of people happy?

The people that handle Stewart's business affairs are just a little smarter than the average moto fan.
TeamGreen
4/10/2010 8:31am
I've been involved in gettin' the rig built (and bought!), finding a building, gettin' a title sponsors...gettin' the hardware (Which IS NOT easy THIS YEAR!)...

But...

When you're talkin' about JS7...?

It's a matter of gettin' OFF YOUR ASS, pickin' up the phone, gettin' to it and...

Countin' the money.

I'm jus' believin'...

The Shop

ns503
4/10/2010 8:33am
You could also factor in that his market value will be (or should be) much increased after doing the Nats, when it comes time to shop for a new contract. Sponsors should be seeing a much better potential ROI then, than what they are seeing now, at least based on races he enters, let alone wins. Pretty poor ROI in that department lately.

He wouldn't be just going racing for the summer, he would be investing in his future value.

Or maybe it was factored, I didn't digest all that...
TeamGreen
4/10/2010 8:33am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:01pm
Did you read it?

Once the "Title" $ flow thru JS7 Ent....

It's OVER.

Big James and James ain't no fools.
sdrider16
4/10/2010 8:35am
I agree with what you said.

But I think in James head he is done. 'He got his", and now is over it. Will do SX to get paid, but that is it.
After what Reed did last year, I will always have respect for him. James, not so much!
jmar
4/10/2010 8:37am
ns503 wrote:
You could also factor in that his market value will be (or should be) much increased after doing the Nats, when it comes time to shop...
You could also factor in that his market value will be (or should be) much increased after doing the Nats, when it comes time to shop for a new contract. Sponsors should be seeing a much better potential ROI then, than what they are seeing now, at least based on races he enters, let alone wins. Pretty poor ROI in that department lately.

He wouldn't be just going racing for the summer, he would be investing in his future value.

You could also factor in that his market value will be (or should be) much increased after doing the Nats, when it comes time to shop for a new contract.

Honestly,

Do you think that his handlers haven't already done that?

The demographics on the outdoor nationals are not very impressive at all.
4/10/2010 8:38am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2010 8:38am
TeamGreen wrote:
I've been involved in gettin' the rig built (and bought!), finding a building, gettin' a title sponsors...gettin' the hardware (Which IS NOT easy THIS YEAR!)... But...
I've been involved in gettin' the rig built (and bought!), finding a building, gettin' a title sponsors...gettin' the hardware (Which IS NOT easy THIS YEAR!)...

But...

When you're talkin' about JS7...?

It's a matter of gettin' OFF YOUR ASS, pickin' up the phone, gettin' to it and...

Countin' the money.

I'm jus' believin'...
Says you, so it must be true. Simple. It is so easy he must just not want to race. Since you have done all this, I have always wanted to know, what is the ticket for a guy like JS to race all the Nationals? All costs..manager, mechanics, rig, building, fuel, food, everything?

I'm jus' wonderin'...
4/10/2010 8:40am
ns503 wrote:
You could also factor in that his market value will be (or should be) much increased after doing the Nats, when it comes time to shop...

SX and X Games give tons more exposure than Nationals.
ns503
4/10/2010 8:42am
ns503 wrote:

Even if you crash out of both, early?
4/10/2010 8:42am
sdrider16 wrote:
I agree with what you said. But I think in James head he is done. 'He got his", and now is over it. Will do SX...
I agree with what you said.

But I think in James head he is done. 'He got his", and now is over it. Will do SX to get paid, but that is it.
After what Reed did last year, I will always have respect for him. James, not so much!
If he is done why is he racing ANY Nat's or talking about the MXdN? What if James comes back next year and rides the Nats?
4/10/2010 8:43am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2010 8:44am
ns503 wrote:

ns503 wrote:
Even if you crash out of both, early?
Yep. The hype for the X Games is off the charts.
TeamGreen
4/10/2010 8:54am
It could be as lil' as a $1M or as much as $4M...jus' for the Nat's.

It depends on things like "Lease" v. "Buy".

Jus' James or a "Team"?

Add a few "Lites" guys and make some of the Sponsors happy with "Full-Program" exposure...?

If it was something that I'd like to see under the best of circumstances?

The Red Bull Racing JS7 Team.

James + another FAST 450.

-2- Lites RIders.

Really, I'm being pretty realisitic and proll'y too positive. It could be done.

Yes, it would be a lot of work.

I WOULD be worth it, tho.
4/10/2010 8:58am
TeamGreen wrote:
It could be as lil' as a $1M or as much as $4M...jus' for the Nat's. It depends on things like "Lease" v. "Buy". Jus' James...

Jus' James or a "Team"?

Add a few "Lites" guys and make some of the Sponsors happy with "Full-Program" exposure...?

-2- Lites RIders.

So lets say lease and only James.
Racer111
4/10/2010 9:01am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2010 9:02am
TeamGreen wrote:
It could be as lil' as a $1M or as much as $4M...jus' for the Nat's. It depends on things like "Lease" v. "Buy". Jus' James...

Jus' James or a "Team"?

-2- Lites RIders.

Let me give you a little insight. If it only cost James 800,000.00 to do the Nationals, he would lose most of that money. Riders make their money off of wins and bonuses for Championships. Reed raced the Nationals for a 1 Million bonous for winning the Championship paid by SUZUKI!! If Yamaha doesn't or isn't going to support James, where does his bonus money come from? The only INCOME he would have doing his own deal would be "Purse" money from race wins which is SQUAT!
CR250Rider
4/10/2010 9:03am
Lets hope James changes his mind and does race the Nats.
Speedy Reedy was pretty successful last year, right?

TeamGreen
4/10/2010 9:11am
TeamGreen wrote:

Jus' James or a "Team"?

-2- Lites RIders.

Cost of Program: Not including "paying James" since he's the "Owner", now...

Less than $1M for JSE Ent.

Bikes: Yamaha

All the rest of the Hardware: Sponsors...

Then there's Red Bull, Nike, Answer, Oakley, Bell....etc.

They'd have to plan and cover their own "Operating Costs".

Do you think he could get WELL over $1M together to go racing?

If it is Jus' James...why not run it out of their existing operation in FLA?

So...on top of his current Entourage we'd have to add...
Mgr.
2 Mechanics (Race-program: He already has his guy at home...)
Driver
-2- Hospitallity People
-1- Office Admin.

Already has someone drivin' the motorhome.
Has Baker.
Has all the rest.

Btw, this could be a March - late Sept. program...so that's a short sched (Pay-Roll-wise).

This would be a PLUSH Program by MX Racing stds.

So...IF we set Costs at $1M...ANYTHING Beyond THAT is all for JS7 Ent.
burnside
4/10/2010 9:13am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:01pm
Please Bubba, If you want to ride the nationals, as you have told us 2 years in a row... PLEASE don't sign another SX only contract for L&M.

Also, with everyone dissing the coverage of the Nationals as if its a worth less school boy race - does anyone know the TV ratings of the Nationals show vs the SX? I don't live in America, so don't know much about the profile of the channels. But I'd love to know the figures. Can anyone set the record straight? The Nationals TV show was awesome last year, didn't it play out live at times too?

TeamGreen
4/10/2010 9:15am
TeamGreen wrote:

Jus' James or a "Team"?

-2- Lites RIders.

Racer111 wrote:
Let me give you a little insight. If it only cost James 800,000.00 to do the Nationals, he would lose most of that money. Riders make...
Let me give you a little insight. If it only cost James 800,000.00 to do the Nationals, he would lose most of that money. Riders make their money off of wins and bonuses for Championships. Reed raced the Nationals for a 1 Million bonous for winning the Championship paid by SUZUKI!! If Yamaha doesn't or isn't going to support James, where does his bonus money come from? The only INCOME he would have doing his own deal would be "Purse" money from race wins which is SQUAT!
There's Red Bull...

Answer...

Nike...

Oakley...

Go read the list at the top of the page: He can find additional sponsors...

Btw, Reedy DID get some Rockstar money...
Some Thor money...
Some Suzuki money...
Some Makita money...
Etc.

This I know.

Also,

James WOULD spend more.

James WOULD make more.
4/10/2010 9:18am
TeamGreen wrote:

Jus' James or a "Team"?

-2- Lites RIders.

TeamGreen wrote:
[i][b]Cost of Program[/b][/i]: Not including "paying James" since he's the "Owner", now... Less than $1M for JSE Ent. Bikes: Yamaha All the rest of the Hardware...

Mgr.
Driver
-2- Hospitallity People
-1- Office Admin.

Has Baker.
Has all the rest.

Btw, this could be a March - late Sept. program...so that's a short sched (Pay-Roll-wise).

Cool. I was hoping to see the numbers broken down. Like how much does the guy driving the motorhome make? Mgr? Baker? Hospitality ppl? Mechanics? Fuel?
4/10/2010 9:19am
burnside wrote:
[b]Please Bubba, If you want to ride the nationals, as you have told us 2 years in a row... PLEASE don't sign another SX only contract...
Please Bubba, If you want to ride the nationals, as you have told us 2 years in a row... PLEASE don't sign another SX only contract for L&M.

Also, with everyone dissing the coverage of the Nationals as if its a worth less school boy race - does anyone know the TV ratings of the Nationals show vs the SX? I don't live in America, so don't know much about the profile of the channels. But I'd love to know the figures. Can anyone set the record straight? The Nationals TV show was awesome last year, didn't it play out live at times too?

TV is one thing to look at but also look at how many races and attendance.
4/10/2010 9:22am
TeamGreen wrote:

Jus' James or a "Team"?

-2- Lites RIders.

Racer111 wrote:
Let me give you a little insight. If it only cost James 800,000.00 to do the Nationals, he would lose most of that money. Riders make...
That is kind of why I wanted to see the breakdown.
Racer111
4/10/2010 9:25am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2010 9:28am
TeamGreen wrote:
There's Red Bull... Answer... Nike... Oakley... Go read the list at the top of the page: He can find additional sponsors... Btw, Reedy DID get some...
There's Red Bull...

Answer...

Nike...

Oakley...

Go read the list at the top of the page: He can find additional sponsors...

Btw, Reedy DID get some Rockstar money...
Some Thor money...
Some Suzuki money...
Some Makita money...
Etc.

This I know.

Also,

James WOULD spend more.

James WOULD make more.
UH NO! They have already paid him under his CURRENT contract. They would not pay him more. You guys have your heads so far up your fourth point of contact it isn't even funny. They only renegotiate contracts at the end of a contract, not in the middle of. And no, his current contracts most likely prevent him from getting other support. Look who all he has on board now. Who is left that WOULD NOT conflict with his CURRENT sponsors? Just quit before you look even more ridiculous than you already do.
BobbyM
4/10/2010 9:27am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2010 9:39am
TeamGreen wrote:
Read it before you say, "B.S."...the answer's towards the bottom... Perception, people, it's about "Perception"...as in Perceive...get it? 1 a : to attain awareness or understanding...
Read it before you say, "B.S."...the answer's towards the bottom...

Perception, people, it's about "Perception"...as in Perceive...get it?

1 a : to attain awareness or understanding of
b : to regard as being such

How do the Fans (That IS how and why he gets the Benjis!)...How do THEY perceive James' attitude towards THEM and THE SPORT when he's on the Tube with Bitches and Benzos flyin' in the the -G- and trippin' like a Rock Star; yet,...and get this...this really IS precious...

He can't AFFORD to GO RACIN'...?

That doesn't translate too well. I see things as practical as possible and I'm an Ol'School Bubba fan; BUT! He -COULD- put a deal together for the Nat's IF HE REALLY WANTED TO!

L & M don't want to (Btw, they are profitable...thank you!).
Yamaha don't wanna right the check (Don't think McCarty can at the moment).
A Trans-Team deal doesn't look likely 'cause of Sponsor Conflicts and James' love of the Benjis (Think of Trey's Factory Conn & Team Honda swap).
James' and Co. don't see thngs the way MANY of you do...the Hero Status to be acheived by Putting THEIR OWN DEAL TOGETHER...
Yes, beyond L&M/San Man...he COULD get the Technical Support and Hardware: The rest is Sponsor Money and his need for the good stuff...like Private Air-Travel...you know...all that..."I'm jus' a regular guy" stuff.

Then there's this: What has he produced for his fans, this year, besides (Yawn) his T.V. gig?
There's the questions regarding...is HE still The Man?
There's the Sponsors that have shelled out the Benjis...
Red Bull
San Man
Nike
Yamaha
Answer
Dunlop
Bell
Oakley
ProTaper
One Industries
Alpinestars (Yes, they're still on-board!)

Those of you "in the Biz"...don't YOU wonder WTF they're thinkin'?
"Gee, we shelled out all this cash for the JS7 show and we got -1- race? Jeeeezus!"
Don't even bother with the ol' "Well, that's racin'!"
Not to the guy with the check-book!

A lil' Good Faith towards the Fans, the Sport, HIMSELF!, his Sponsors...His Intellectual Property (JS7 Ent.)...would go a Looooooooong way right now.

For his crew: Putting a deal together to go race the Nat's would take -3- weeks: Tops!

-3- WEEKS.

A rig.
Grab Josh as a Team-mate.
Add a coupl'a "Lites" riders and throw Mookie in there after Lorretta's!
Get the Mechanics and Crew of choice.
Lease a Building (Or, hell, run it OUT OF THE HOUSE(The back-shop) in Florida!)

Tell D.C. you're comin' and to get you some potential sponsors to talk to (Davey knows EVERYONE!)

Call Red Bull.
Call Nike.
Tell Yamaha.
Call Answer.
Call Oakley.
Call Bell.
Get KYB on the phone.
Tell Dunlop.
All the way down the list of the current Sponsor Pkg...
(Btw, I don't see San Man as a likely sponsor...I'd like to BE WRONG)

Then...

Call potential "New Sponsors".

Arrange the finances, travel...plan it.

Start testing.

Win title.

This is where someone TRIES to convince me that IT CAN'T BE DONE, CAN'T BE PROFITABLE and/or I'm an Idiot.

No worries. Bounce this off of Bill Keefe and tell me what he says...

Or ask Big James and he'll say,"Baby steps, man. Baby steps."

Don't forget: James has some serious "Pull".

I'm jus' knowin'...
one reason why james races or doesn't race...and that is james. if he wants to race and is a racer he races...simple as that. after you get millions of dollars the only excuse not to race is yerself. call it content, comfortable, don't need the money, right or wrong...it is up to him
TeamGreen
4/10/2010 9:34am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:01pm
TeamGreen wrote:
[i][b]Cost of Program[/b][/i]: Not including "paying James" since he's the "Owner", now... Less than $1M for JSE Ent. Bikes: Yamaha All the rest of the Hardware...

Mgr.
Driver
-2- Hospitallity People
-1- Office Admin.

Has Baker.
Has all the rest.

Cool. I was hoping to see the numbers broken down. Like how much does the guy driving the motorhome make? Mgr? Baker? Hospitality ppl? Mechanics? Fuel?
Look, you've got a good point & you've proll'y guessed that I'm making assumptions...you're absolutely right.

Let's call it all of March thru the end of Sept. ...7 months. Plenty of start-up time and time to set-up for MXdN.

I can tell ya that you can lease a rig , all day, for $10K/month-short term. A nice rig.

You can get a helluva a driver for $8K/month-short-term (This is a GOOD driver's gig!)

Mechanics ain't paid NEARLY enough and I'm not gonna insult my friends.

Mgr.? 7 months? Let's say $50-60K.

The rest add's up, too. Travel, Fuel...yada, yada, yada.

Some expenses are already incurred and covered; however, they could be charged off "better" against these new expenses.

I don't think this is the ONLY answer; but, it's Waaaaay the hell 'possible'.

Maybe I jus' believe in James/Big James/The Stewarts too much. I'm cool with that. I'm proud of them.

Think about it...

They've accomplished a HELLUVA LOT!
Racer111
4/10/2010 9:46am
TeamGreen wrote:
Look, you've got a good point & you've proll'y guessed that I'm making assumptions...you're absolutely right. Let's call it all of March thru the end of...
Look, you've got a good point & you've proll'y guessed that I'm making assumptions...you're absolutely right.

Let's call it all of March thru the end of Sept. ...7 months. Plenty of start-up time and time to set-up for MXdN.

I can tell ya that you can lease a rig , all day, for $10K/month-short term. A nice rig.

You can get a helluva a driver for $8K/month-short-term (This is a GOOD driver's gig!)

Mechanics ain't paid NEARLY enough and I'm not gonna insult my friends.

Mgr.? 7 months? Let's say $50-60K.

The rest add's up, too. Travel, Fuel...yada, yada, yada.

Some expenses are already incurred and covered; however, they could be charged off "better" against these new expenses.

I don't think this is the ONLY answer; but, it's Waaaaay the hell 'possible'.

Maybe I jus' believe in James/Big James/The Stewarts too much. I'm cool with that. I'm proud of them.

Think about it...

They've accomplished a HELLUVA LOT!
No again! Just so you know, you can not lease a rig for 10,000 a month. It cost MORE than 10,000 grand just to replace the tires on the Tractor, not inclucing another 8,000 for the trailor. Fuel is average of 3.00 a gallon for Diesel. Then you have to add Insurance for the Semi, which is another 1,000.00 a month. My family is in the "Trucking" buisness. You have no idea how expensive it is. Don't forget all the PERMITS you also have to have for the Semi to travel State to State either.

Like I said, all of his Sponsors have paid him this year according to contract terms. He can't go get additional sponsors that would not conflict with current sponsors. You are really living in Fantasy Land. It is a lot harder than you think to do.

Reed did it last year, but with FACTORY SUZUKI, not his own team. Look how successful MC was, but his team went under doing SX that pays 20 times better than the Nationals does. Put down the peace pipe son!!
TeamGreen
4/10/2010 9:46am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:01pm
Uh, Bobby, you're right...

But, I see a reason for James and Co. to be more involved and happier with their program...thus...be more enthusiastic about it.

Racer111...his current contract is for SX, X-Games & USSX.

Anything beyond that has it's own "scope"...it's own "Sponsorship" potential...and he can get "More" if it brings in the demographics and the Sponsors like the proposal...

Post a reply to: How James wins the Nat's Title and Makes $ on his OWN!

The Latest