How I won the X Games!

ridge
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:28pm

Thanks to Huck for putting that together and shipping it across the country for me in a matter of days!

Broc Glover at Dunlop hooked every single Adaptive rider up with a new set of tires at the X Games! Most of these guys have never even gotton a free set of grips! You have no idea how much that meant to all of us. If you're not sure on which brand to get then keep that in mind!

I have never ridden with a better shock than the Fox Shox Podium RC3 . You can ask Crowe (on Vital) how good this shock is! He rode my bike in Michigan and I don't think he would have come off the track if it wasn't for a flat tire! The amount of tuning in the clickers allowed both me and Mike Schultz to race at Baja (outdoor SANDYYY track) and the X Games without needing a re-valve. That is impressive!
http://www.foxracingshox.com/moto/shocks/PODIUM_RC3

Some of you know who Brian Roth is (Roth Racing.) He valves my forks and modifies my motors. I would gladly drag race any one of you for some money! Yeah, it's that fast! Did you see how squirrely I was out of the gate? I still got the holeshot though. He doesn't have a website and he doesn't do your maintenance, just go fast stuff.

What else can be said about Alpinestars, Pro Taper, Works Connection, and Scott Goggles? Everyone knows those companies provide you with top notch products. I'm not saying they're the only ones but you can't go wrong with them.

Did you guys see how big that finish line jump was? I came up short on it twice and I honestly thought my wheels were going to fold. No bullshit! The WARP 9 wheels not only look good but they are cheaper than almost anything else out there. These are way more affordable than you think! http://www.warp9racing.com/

MSR gear won't make you look like a clown in front of millions when you decide to cut off your finger because you think you can be me! I suggest the red and white stuff I was wearing at X. It's so comfortable I felt like I was naked, yet at the same time, not worried about how cool I looked. Charles (the rider rep) is one of the most stand-up guys I've dealt with. He does what he says he's going to do and that seems to be getting rare.

Swap at TransWorld has done a lot for me! Because of him, I was able to lie to all of my sponsors about being on the cover of next months magazine...and get more stuff! LOL . Actually, he hooked me up with MSR gear and that really changed my attitude coming into this years races. I was going to race in jeans and a t-shirt because I was pissed that nobody was going to give me gear. It wasn't gonna be pretty.

Donnie at Country Cycle went so far out of his way to help me out, I will never be able to thank him enough. Guys, if you're going to buy a bike, or if you just need parts...this is a good guy and he's been around forever. 800-890-1570. They are a Kawsaki and Suzuki dealer. http://www.countrycycle.com/default.asp

Thanks for reading!

Chris
|
rocrac
8/4/2009 12:22pm
Congrats to you and those who helped you. Way to go Huck.
huck
8/4/2009 12:26pm
Awesome! I'm "proud of you" Chris.

I just noticed the font on your name messed up when I saved this to photobucket.

We were watching that and my son said... "HEY, we know that guy"...Tongue
BobbyM
8/4/2009 12:27pm
ridge wrote:
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/EMIEVEL/2009%20X%20Games/ChrisRidgwayflyerhi.jpg[/IMG] Thanks to Huck for putting that together and shipping it across the country for me in a matter of days! Broc Glover at Dunlop hooked...

Thanks to Huck for putting that together and shipping it across the country for me in a matter of days!

Broc Glover at Dunlop hooked every single Adaptive rider up with a new set of tires at the X Games! Most of these guys have never even gotton a free set of grips! You have no idea how much that meant to all of us. If you're not sure on which brand to get then keep that in mind!

I have never ridden with a better shock than the Fox Shox Podium RC3 . You can ask Crowe (on Vital) how good this shock is! He rode my bike in Michigan and I don't think he would have come off the track if it wasn't for a flat tire! The amount of tuning in the clickers allowed both me and Mike Schultz to race at Baja (outdoor SANDYYY track) and the X Games without needing a re-valve. That is impressive!
http://www.foxracingshox.com/moto/shocks/PODIUM_RC3

Some of you know who Brian Roth is (Roth Racing.) He valves my forks and modifies my motors. I would gladly drag race any one of you for some money! Yeah, it's that fast! Did you see how squirrely I was out of the gate? I still got the holeshot though. He doesn't have a website and he doesn't do your maintenance, just go fast stuff.

What else can be said about Alpinestars, Pro Taper, Works Connection, and Scott Goggles? Everyone knows those companies provide you with top notch products. I'm not saying they're the only ones but you can't go wrong with them.

Did you guys see how big that finish line jump was? I came up short on it twice and I honestly thought my wheels were going to fold. No bullshit! The WARP 9 wheels not only look good but they are cheaper than almost anything else out there. These are way more affordable than you think! http://www.warp9racing.com/

MSR gear won't make you look like a clown in front of millions when you decide to cut off your finger because you think you can be me! I suggest the red and white stuff I was wearing at X. It's so comfortable I felt like I was naked, yet at the same time, not worried about how cool I looked. Charles (the rider rep) is one of the most stand-up guys I've dealt with. He does what he says he's going to do and that seems to be getting rare.

Swap at TransWorld has done a lot for me! Because of him, I was able to lie to all of my sponsors about being on the cover of next months magazine...and get more stuff! LOL . Actually, he hooked me up with MSR gear and that really changed my attitude coming into this years races. I was going to race in jeans and a t-shirt because I was pissed that nobody was going to give me gear. It wasn't gonna be pretty.

Donnie at Country Cycle went so far out of his way to help me out, I will never be able to thank him enough. Guys, if you're going to buy a bike, or if you just need parts...this is a good guy and he's been around forever. 800-890-1570. They are a Kawsaki and Suzuki dealer. http://www.countrycycle.com/default.asp

Thanks for reading!

Chris
that is fuggin awesome chris...you deserve it man. i know roth from way back in norcal..fucker could ride and was cool as hell for a punk ass kid. Smile

keep it on two...or is it one for you? hehehe
noob
8/4/2009 12:34pm
Best press release I've ever read.

Congrats!

The Shop

DCL36
8/4/2009 12:38pm
Hey Good job Chris, congratulations on the gold !!! That finish line jump looked really fun, as long as you didnt come up short. Blink
jbomx363
8/4/2009 12:40pm
Nice write up there ridge. Bet those sponsors sure do appreciate what you do for them too.
breck
8/4/2009 12:44pm
Cough Cough Hickman Racing Cough.
EmDub425
8/4/2009 12:45pm
That is the best representation of sponsors i have ever heard. If there are any kids out there looking for sponsors. this is how you repay them. Promote their product.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
279th
8/4/2009 12:50pm
breck wrote:
That's some hefty help from the Iowa boys! Geat to see Jesse Guilda (Iowa) out there too!
kwhite199
8/4/2009 12:52pm
Congratulations on the Gold. You rode a great race. Also nice to see that you are getting so much support from your sponsors. You keep treating them like that and I am sure you will be getting a lot more support in the future.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/4/2009 1:05pm
Doing a write up like that (on Vital) ought to be a Monday morning requirement of every pro contract.

Not only did you say thank you, you said why, for each sponsor. That WILL sell a lot of product for them.

Congrats to you (and your sponsors).
YZKEN250
8/4/2009 1:07pm
Lets have a look at that Gold medal Chris.
agency399
8/4/2009 1:14pm
Chris,

I was on the edge of my seat watching your race.

Big props to you and everyone else who lined up, great style by the way!
ridge
8/4/2009 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:19am
breck wrote:
Oh, you're right! Most of you have heard of Atomic 22, TI-Lube, and Pivot Works. Jim Hickman had his hands in part of all of those companies! He's a genius and I'm not being funny. (Attn: Ballsout...a genius is someone you've never met, bro.)

Hickman has been helping me for years, since 1992 to be exact. Not only does he have the best ideas (Pivot Works), but he has the equipment to make those ideas a reality. His machinery is worth more than my house and, you wouldn't know it by looking at him, he knows how to make them work! He's one of the trickiest mechanics a guy could ever hope for. I don't mean he cheats, but he's always ahead of the curve on new ways to make a bike go faster or work better.

Hickman Racing is the place for you mid-westerners to take your junk to when you want it to run or run faster! Eventhough I might forget about him on my autograph sheets, he's always number one in my heart! I did give him some love on my swingarm and I'm sure he can go get a new car or something now because of it. lol. http://hickmanracing.com/

Disclaimer: Huck and I put this together while I was driving across country and trying to find links to all these sponsors. I was literally driving (pulling a 35' trailer), talking on the phone, surfing the web, and downing Monsters all at the same time!
500guy
8/4/2009 1:27pm
I have to say thank you to you Chris.

I was at a restaurant eating dinner and saw you win it, I felt like a big shot when I told everyone, Hey I know that guy.

Congratulations
ridge
8/4/2009 1:28pm
Hmmm, this might have been Josh Grant's favorite prize if he would have won it! Heal up soon Josh!
crowe176
8/4/2009 1:31pm
500guy wrote:
I have to say thank you to you Chris. I was at a restaurant eating dinner and saw you win it, I felt like a big...

I was at a restaurant eating dinner and saw you win it, I felt like a big shot when I told everyone, Hey I know that guy.

Congratulations
LOL, I was at the bar (Tip a Few, Huck) telling guys I rode Chris's bike.. I'm kind of a big deal now.

Awesome Chris.. It was sweet watching you ride.
Honda_Fan
8/4/2009 1:42pm
Awesome job Chris

I liked the way you came off on TV.
huck
8/4/2009 1:43pm
500guy wrote:
I have to say thank you to you Chris. I was at a restaurant eating dinner and saw you win it, I felt like a big...

Congratulations
crowe176 wrote:
LOL, I was at the bar (Tip a Few, Huck) telling guys I rode Chris's bike.. I'm kind of a big deal now. Awesome Chris.. It...
LOL, I was at the bar (Tip a Few, Huck) telling guys I rode Chris's bike.. I'm kind of a big deal now.

Did you have "pink" ski pants on?
Highsider
8/4/2009 1:43pm
breck wrote:
Six degrees of separation: Roth-Hickman-Ridgway ...I did not know Roth built motors. Cool.
crowe176
8/4/2009 1:46pm
500guy wrote:

Congratulations
crowe176 wrote:
LOL, I was at the bar (Tip a Few, Huck) telling guys I rode Chris's bike.. I'm kind of a big deal now. Awesome Chris.. It...

huck wrote:
Did you have "pink" ski pants on?
HA, chicks dig it.
G-man
8/4/2009 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:19am
That is so freaken cool Chris! I couldn't believe the AIRTIME you were getting.

You are an INSPIRATION to everyone.W00t

That was cool of Huck too and everyone who helped you out.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
8/4/2009 2:10pm
Proud of Chris and Huck. Way to go guys.
yzvet426
8/4/2009 2:23pm
G-man wrote:
That is so freaken cool Chris! I couldn't believe the AIRTIME you were getting. You are an INSPIRATION to everyone.That was cool of Huck too and...
That is so freaken cool Chris! I couldn't believe the AIRTIME you were getting.

You are an INSPIRATION to everyone.W00t

That was cool of Huck too and everyone who helped you out.
i COULDN'T SAY IT ANY BETTER.
BobbyM
8/4/2009 2:32pm
chris gave em all the support they could handle by BEATING EVERYBODY TO THE FINISH LINE IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF EYEBALLS ....CAN YOU DIG IIIIT?
41NDT
8/4/2009 2:36pm
Doing a write up like that (on Vital) ought to be a Monday morning requirement of every pro contract. Not only did you say thank you...
Doing a write up like that (on Vital) ought to be a Monday morning requirement of every pro contract.

Not only did you say thank you, you said why, for each sponsor. That WILL sell a lot of product for them.

Congrats to you (and your sponsors).
Is that you LarryB
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/4/2009 2:42pm
Chris takes a lot of pride in not only his presentation, but trying to get everyone else in the class to up theirs as well. I think I heard "professionalism" more than once around his van. Wink

Post a reply to: How I won the X Games!

The Latest