How How do I get Dungey's autograph?

Detroit Dick
Edited Date/Time 5/11/2015 10:35am
My 5-year old son and I will be heading to the Glen Helen National and he's DYING to meet Dungey and get an auto graph. I have no idea how to get this done. Can anyone clue me in? It would mean the world to my boy and any advice would be most appreciated.
|
h&m_cycle
5/10/2015 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2015 12:56pm
My 5-year old son and I will be heading to the Glen Helen National and he's DYING to meet Dungey and get an auto graph. I...
My 5-year old son and I will be heading to the Glen Helen National and he's DYING to meet Dungey and get an auto graph. I have no idea how to get this done. Can anyone clue me in? It would mean the world to my boy and any advice would be most appreciated.
They sign autographs before ALL the Races. It will be after timed qualifying practice, your kid is going to get his wish.
Make sure you got a camera...
erikcrvjl
5/10/2015 12:53pm
Wait in line in the pits. Each team will have a sign or something similar to tell you when the rider's autograph session is.
5/10/2015 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2015 12:57pm
From what I have heard you need to get in the pits and be in line early or you'll miss your chance.
DA498
5/10/2015 1:02pm
Get in the pits and get in line early, Hes got a huge line!

The Shop

Honda11
5/10/2015 1:04pm
Not sure about MX, but at the SX races, unless you go as soon as the pits open, you won't get it. People stand in lines for hours waiting. I got it last year by going to one of the dealer signings the night before one of the ATL races. I still had to wait in line for an hour or so, but got 30+ autographs from most of the top guys.

I'm not sure if they do dealer signings the night before MX, but that would be you're best bet if you can find one.

Otherwise try eBay lol
BobbyM
5/10/2015 1:18pm
My 5-year old son and I will be heading to the Glen Helen National and he's DYING to meet Dungey and get an auto graph. I...
Make yer way over to the KTM Dungey pits and look for dungey's mom Michelle. She is super cool and politely ask her if it is possible to have Ryan sign something for your son.. Or better yet meet Ryan. Do not do this If the races are starting soon.. The earlier the better.
The Rock
5/10/2015 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2015 1:35pm
After the Las Vegas SX my Slovenian guests and I patiently waited outside his motorhome. We were rewarded with an autograph and this photo

Kevin_Reed
5/10/2015 1:37pm
I waited in line last year at RedBud about 30 minutes and got his autograph and had him write it to my daughters name and video taped it. It hangs in her room and she still can't believe it.
Madc32
5/10/2015 1:54pm
I waited for 2 1/2 hours in the hot sun a couple of years back to meet Dungey and get his autograph. But Dungey is such a classy dude it was totally worth it. What you see is what you get with him. His folks deserve a lot of credit.
homerdaman
5/10/2015 2:02pm
He will probably also be at Chaparral on Thursday night before signing autographs. Might be easier that way.
Old-Man
5/10/2015 2:21pm
My Daughter gets his autograph every year by waiting after the race is over, usually by his motorhome after he cleans up.

At Lakewood of course Wink

bd
5/10/2015 2:34pm
Also find out what shop he is signing at..... many of them might be at a shop like Chaparral Motorsports the day before.
FIREfish148
5/10/2015 2:49pm
bd wrote:
Also find out what shop he is signing at..... many of them might be at a shop like Chaparral Motorsports the day before.
This
ruskymx
5/10/2015 7:01pm
This was the crowd at the KTM rig at MetLife. Basically, as soon as the pits open, you need to get in line ASAP and wait for about 1.5 hours or a little more to get an autograph. I don't know if KTM does the autograph tickets. I think Yosh Suzuki did with JS7. Get in line, and if you get a ticket, you get an autograph. No ticket....no autographs. I remember in the mid-late 90's, riders were much more accessible for signatures and to chat with them (or at least it seems that way).

The tips from the others about catching them at a shop or at the end of the day would be the most time efficient ways I would think. Like keyboardwarrior says, leverage your child to the max! They can say no to you, but no way in hell will they say no to a child.

captmoto
5/10/2015 7:05pm
If you can make it to the local tracks he's probably around. You might have to ditch work and school. The local tracks have lots of pros out testing for the nationals. Be polite and hang around the truck will probably get you a quick meet and greet.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
5/10/2015 7:36pm
homerdaman wrote:
He will probably also be at Chaparral on Thursday night before signing autographs. Might be easier that way.
This.

Do your homework and find out if the teams are doing a meet and greet somewhere before the race. Then go there. Early.

If you think the lines are long at these pre-race events, wait till you see them on raceday.

Pre-event special appearances are the way to go.

H
Idaho747
5/10/2015 9:58pm
My 5 year old nephew is crazy about dungey. A couple of years ago at salt lake sx we were all standing by the fences watching practice and dungey wadded up pretty bad. him and his mechanic were walking his bike back to the pits and he stopped right by us. Took his goggle and gloves off and handed them to my nephew. Probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen a pro athlete do for a fan.
Detroit Dick
5/11/2015 4:08am
THANK YOU for all the advice. Will check out in-store possibilities or show up early! See you at Glen Helen!
IWreckALot
5/11/2015 5:20am
THANK YOU for all the advice. Will check out in-store possibilities or show up early! See you at Glen Helen!
At the Arlington SX, Dungey had one of, if not the longest line.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
5/11/2015 7:58am
A few years ago at the St. Louis round, Honda had the whole ticket for an autograph thing going on, (this was during the RC era) and I ended up with one somehow. As I was standing in line, I heard this little girl crying her eyes out. She was told by the Honda rep she couldn't have a poster, or an autograph without a ticket. No matter what the Dad said, the rep wouldn't give. I became mad as hell, so I got out of line, and approached the little girl and her Daddy. She was probably 7 or so, and was crushed. I wiped her tears away handed her my ticket and told her not to be upset anymore because now she was going to get her wish. I then turned to the Honda rep and quietly told HER to take each and every poster they had on site, and stick them up her ass. She should be ashamed of herself for treating a child that way. I'm not telling you this story because I want a pat on the back, but to let you know that there are assholes out there who will deny anybody, even a crying child. I understood the gal at Honda had a job to do, but I don't think breaking a child's heart was in her job description. I don't think a rider would turn a child down, but the riders support staff just might. That little ordeal gave me a totally new outlook on The Honda camp...
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/11/2015 8:15am
It's pretty easy to get Dungey's autograph.

I stole a cop car and pretended to be a police officer. Then I simply set up a speed trap and waited for nearly 3 weeks until I was able to catch Dungey speeding on his way to the track.

I would show you a picture of the signed ticket, but the real cops took it from me when they arrested me...
Old-Man
5/11/2015 10:35am
Check out This site All the links on the left

Has up to 6'X8' floor mats, custom design if ya want.. Smile

Post a reply to: How How do I get Dungey's autograph?

The Latest