How Fast Tracks Can Disappear

foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
Edited Date/Time 9/11/2019 11:43am
Back in 2003 my parents took it upon themselves to open up a Motocross facility for me to train and practice on. I was 7-years old and still racing a 50cc.

Over the years the track continued to grow. We put in a full watering system and 40 rider start gate. We held multiple weekend events that were run like typical race days, but without the stress of points, money, trophies, and etc.

Located 25 minutes from the family home my father and myself spent countless hours up in this field. The amount of laps I put on transitioning me from a 50cc rider to a Canadian Pro never would of been possible without having a track to ride.

This spring we decided that it was time to step away. It was difficult to let go of something that seemed to always be there.

Yesterday, I took my first drive up to see the track since last October. Its been almost a year since these two comparison pictures were taken. Note that he still mowed the grass halfway through the season😂.

Remember to always support your local tracks. Until you’ve done it you have no idea the costs and liabilities that come with it.

Enjoy some of these photos. I’ll have to dig out the old computes and photo albums sometime to look back at the 50cc-85cc days.

Cheers!

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/11/2019 10:55am
Mother Nature works quickly, and Father Time always wins. Smile

Looks like you had a great place to grow up.
dedi684
9/11/2019 11:35am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2019 11:36am
I know the feeling. I had my own personal track i built and did everything myself on it for 15 years. Life changed we had plans and sold it. I dont ride much any more and sometimes i wonder wtf was i thinking i had my own track.

Edit. Kind of neat i purchased my land and started riding on it in 2003 as well.

The Shop

9/11/2019 11:41am
Thanks for sharing. You were a lucky kid! Looks like it was an awesome place to grow up around.
kNewc
9/11/2019 11:43am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2019 11:44am
A guy that lived "down the road" from my parents had some guys come out and build a professional grade moto track in their large field in front of their house. It was the prettiest track I've ever seen, wound around their property and was just gorgeous. Owned by a doctor who had joint custody of their children, they rode the track once according to the neighbors. You can't even tell it's there now. Completely overgrown and everywhere they tilled and had track lines was reclaimed by nature. So sad. You're track looks great for being left alone that long.

Post a reply to: How Fast Tracks Can Disappear

The Latest