Houston Vital folks...Recovering?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2017 2:21 PM

Joe and all the rest of you.....just wondering how you, your families, homes, businesses and to keep this moto, your scoots are weathering this storm? I hope things are as good as possible. Photos and news reports are not looking good.

|

8/27/2017 2:26 PM

Hey Bultaco. I sent you a pm earlier ...

|

8/27/2017 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2017 2:28 PM

Hope you s/e Texas guys are hanging in there! It looks pretty bad.

|

8/27/2017 2:29 PM

I'm in Spring @ I-45/Loyetta-all creeks cresting, etc. Spring Creek/Cypress Creek over the banks & rising. 3P main track under water, and Rio is as well. Down Town is a complete mess.. Thankfully my hm is dry, but there's tons of people who aren't as fortunate.

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

8/27/2017 2:36 PM

Had a tree take out a utility pole yesterday so the generator got drug out and fired up for about 9 hours. Just a lot of rain off and on, flash flood and tornado warnings and some flooded roads but nothing serious here 90 miles east of Houston. The rain is still headed our way though. Probably going to get worse.

|

8/27/2017 3:04 PM

I'm on lake conroe up north of Houston. Same weather as Newman spoke of. Roads are getting lots of water and stuff. Just went and looked at the lake. It looks like the ocean and is coming over the bulk head. Peoples docks floating and breaking off n shit. Pretty scary but it's nothing up here like down town. It's a horrible disaster down there. Pray for them peeps. People trapped in their attics and stuff.

On a moto note threepalms is prob an aquarium right about now. blink

|

8/27/2017 3:13 PM

I'm 30 miles east of Houston in the Baytown / Mont Belvieu area. House is high and dry but many in the area were not as fortunate. We launched a 21' bay boat earlier this morning and assisted in rescuing families in nearby neighborhoods.

Photo

|

8/27/2017 3:18 PM

DR3 wrote:

I'm 30 miles east of Houston in the Baytown / Mont Belvieu area. House is high and dry but many in the area were not as fortunate. We launched a 21' bay boat earlier this morning and assisted in rescuing families in nearby neighborhoods.

Photo

That's crazy man. Good on you!

|

8/27/2017 3:27 PM

DR3 wrote:

Photo

Flip109 wrote:

That's crazy man. Good on you!

X2.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/27/2017 4:14 PM

Watching the news, I see dozens of civilians in small boats rescuing other residents. That's awesome.

|

8/27/2017 4:27 PM

Stay safe over there and good you for helping neighbors out. America is a great country....

|

8/27/2017 6:20 PM

Had over 23" at Freedom Mx. Drainage is working, SLOWLY

|

8/27/2017 6:23 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/27/2017 7:06 PM

rpoint116 wrote:

I do not see any PM notifications or messages. Hmmmm.

|

8/27/2017 7:26 PM

rpoint116 wrote:

Bultaco wrote:

I do not see any PM notifications or messages. Hmmmm.

I saw in an earlier thread you raced back in the day in Kansas. What years and where? Don't mean to hijack this thread.

|

8/27/2017 7:30 PM

I have a stupid question.

is the flooding caused by over flowing rivers or is it just a case of so much rain and no where for it to go ?

|

8/27/2017 7:43 PM

Both, the problem this time is a Cat4 Hurricane basically came on shore and stopped. The onshore flow of wind and rain won't let the bayou's to drain. We are over 30" of rain now. Several more inches to come.

|

8/27/2017 8:15 PM

Just terrible, our thoughts are with you.

|

8/27/2017 8:18 PM

500guy wrote:

is the flooding caused by over flowing rivers or is it just a case of so much rain and no where for it to go ?

Yes.

|

8/27/2017 8:38 PM

Caused by both. We've had 25" of rain in our area over the last 24 hours and other parts of town have seen more. This area of the country is flat, so the run off takes a while.

|

8/27/2017 8:40 PM

500guy wrote:

Both.....Austin inst to bad

|

8/27/2017 8:55 PM

I'm on I-10 west side, it's sketchy....opening the dam @ 2AM said some homes will have 2'+ water in them starting tomorrow for the next TWO+ months.....by far worst we've ever had here in my lifetime (53yrs) Texans really are a beautiful group of people, we always come together in these times and help our fellow man out

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

8/27/2017 10:25 PM

I am North of Downtown and have over 25 inches of rain, can't get in or out of my neighborhood. But I am lucky, no flooding and we are safe. It's still raining extremely hard as I write this and feel so or for those that have been hit so hard by this wetter event. Harvey is nasty. It's going to be a while before any riding is going to happen.

|

8/27/2017 11:33 PM

Home and bikes all dry, but the neighborhood has the worst flooding I've seen in the 15 years we've lived here - halfway between Galveston and Houston. My son and I were getting some good exercise riding bicycles in 2+ feet of water when we spotted this father and son out for a leisurely float. Photo

|

8/28/2017 2:01 AM

rpoint116 wrote:

Thanks for asking. I raced there from '73 to '80. Mostly Motocross, but also some scrambles. I was from Pratt. Usually raced at Pratt, Wilroads Garden at Dodge, Partridge outside of Hutch, Sprockets, Jeeps and International at Wichita, Luray, Pittsburg, Baldwin, and a track north of Newton that I can't remember the name of. In '80 i moved to Tulsa and raced mostly Blackjack Enduros and scrambles.
You? Do you have a Kansas Moto background?

|

8/28/2017 2:04 AM

Glad to hear you all are getting through this in mostly one piece. The fact there are a lot of posts tells me that power, Telco, cell systems are still up and running. Hang in there.

|

8/28/2017 2:22 AM

Im in Katy. Never lost power, no flooding but my roof starting to leak. Not sure why all these storms always stall out right over Houston. Seems like every year the past couple years this happens.

|

8/28/2017 3:18 AM

I'm up in Kingwood (North East corner of Houston) Still high & dry.

I can get around a bit, as it not to bad up here. But can't get too far as some of the major streets are flooded.

I'm stuck here with my mother in law, can't get her back to her place. She's not to bad , but it's still awkward at times.

The problem here is that the City of Houston Can't or won't cement or clean the dang Buoys!

Don't know if it's that they cross 2 counties or the flipping Environmentalist from keep them from doing it, But Human life is more important to me that some stupid Plant, Frog or Fish.

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

8/28/2017 5:23 AM

Sunday afternoon, end of the driveway.

Photo

Monday 7 am. Rain hammered all night and water up about 8 inches. Slight break in the rain but more in another hour.

Photo

Neighbor's house.

Photo

|

8/28/2017 5:36 AM

Insane. Stay safe man!

|