Houston Supercross Weekend Local Tracks

MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 7:31pm
Gonna be coming into town from Pensacola to stay with the in laws. Me and my wife are getting back into Moto and was thinking it would be fun to ride three palms or cycle ranch when we come to town. Does anyone know if any tracks will be doing anything special that weekend or have any recommendations on where we should go?
|
bigmaico
12/24/2017 11:31am
Roger DeCoster Should show up at Rio Bravo on the Sunday after the race.

He's good friends with the Owner Danny Ertaljac (spelling) and has done so in the past.
Rockinar
12/24/2017 11:46am
I have not seen any of the tracks annouce anything special.

wnorton729
Fantasy
1931st
12/24/2017 12:14pm
Try Rio! Close, awesome dirt, and scenic! Also Danny and the guys are great people.

The Shop

bigmaico
12/24/2017 1:51pm
MELTON139 wrote:
Would the riders be with him?
I don't know, but give me a few days & I'll ask Danny if Roger is coming & if he's bringing any of the riders with him.
Shawn142
12/24/2017 2:08pm
3 Palms is the usual hot spot after the Houston SX. 3 different tracks, good dirt, more fun than you can handle in a day.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
12/24/2017 2:28pm
3 palms, Rio, or drive 3 hours and go to cycle ranch. All great tracks.
mikie44
12/24/2017 8:26pm
If you come to Houston with your bike and attend SX or stay at an area hotel.. make sure to LOCK IT DOWN TIGHT!!!!!! You've been warned.
Wade221
12/24/2017 8:33pm
Too bad Cowboy Badlands wasn't still open
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/24/2017 8:34pm
There is a group of 12 of us coming from California to ride 3-Palms "Industry Day" on Friday. I'm not sure of the details, this is my 1st year doing the trip. But we are riding there Friday and then the sand track on Saturday, before heading to SX.
Rockinar
12/25/2017 3:51am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 3:54am
As a Houston I will also warn you. You bike is not safe in the back of a pickup truck or enclosed trailer in any hotel parking lot anywhere in the city or any outlying suburb.

Bike thiefs move fast and are not afraid of security. They will even steal it right out of the back of your pickup truck in broad daylight with a parking lot full of people watching. They flat out dont care.

If you have a bike in a hotel parking lot I would take extreme measure to make sure its there in the morning or make it so if Wheelie Boyz get it they wont be doiing any wheelies on it without spending a lot of their drug money. Chain the frame, remove wheels and forks, disable electronics.. Do whatever you have to do to make it suck for them.

Its seems like every year some privateers or out of town folks leave town with empty trailers.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/25/2017 7:31am
Rockinar wrote:
As a Houston I will also warn you. You bike is not safe in the back of a pickup truck or enclosed trailer in any hotel...
As a Houston I will also warn you. You bike is not safe in the back of a pickup truck or enclosed trailer in any hotel parking lot anywhere in the city or any outlying suburb.

Bike thiefs move fast and are not afraid of security. They will even steal it right out of the back of your pickup truck in broad daylight with a parking lot full of people watching. They flat out dont care.

If you have a bike in a hotel parking lot I would take extreme measure to make sure its there in the morning or make it so if Wheelie Boyz get it they wont be doiing any wheelies on it without spending a lot of their drug money. Chain the frame, remove wheels and forks, disable electronics.. Do whatever you have to do to make it suck for them.

Its seems like every year some privateers or out of town folks leave town with empty trailers.
Damn. I'm a little nervous after reading your post. I'm glad it's legal to carry a gun in Texas, I'll be sending mine in the trailer. There will be 2 guys driving, the rest of us are flying in on Thursday.
Shawn142
12/25/2017 8:12am
langhammx wrote:
There is a group of 12 of us coming from California to ride 3-Palms "Industry Day" on Friday. I'm not sure of the details, this is...
There is a group of 12 of us coming from California to ride 3-Palms "Industry Day" on Friday. I'm not sure of the details, this is my 1st year doing the trip. But we are riding there Friday and then the sand track on Saturday, before heading to SX.
I've been to that a few times, pretty low key and fun. They reserve the GP track generally. You won't be disappointed.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
12/26/2017 8:43am
Rockinar wrote:
As a Houston I will also warn you. You bike is not safe in the back of a pickup truck or enclosed trailer in any hotel...

Yeah, that goes for any city hosting a supercross these days. Especially Houston and Atlanta. Luckily we will be staying at my father in laws in League City when we come to Houston. If any one is staying in a hotel I would suggest putting the bike in the room with you if possible or post on here and try to find a local that would be willing to store your bike in their garage for a night.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
12/26/2017 8:44am
langhammx wrote:
There is a group of 12 of us coming from California to ride 3-Palms "Industry Day" on Friday. I'm not sure of the details, this is...
This industry day you speak of sounds awesome. Anyone know where we can find details of this?
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
12/26/2017 1:09pm
For anyone wondering I called 3 Palms and they said their industry ride day is Friday Jan. 12th, and the GP track and Woods track will be closed to the public, but the main track will be open to the public. If anyone hears anything about the other local tracks having anything special going on please share. As of right now looks like we will be driving from Pensacola to Houston Thursday night and riding 3 Palms Friday and Supercross Saturday! I can't freaking wait!
Hal_Simpson
12/26/2017 11:34pm
Rockinar wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Damn. I'm a little nervous after reading your post. I'm glad it's legal to carry a gun in Texas, I'll be sending mine in the trailer...
Damn. I'm a little nervous after reading your post. I'm glad it's legal to carry a gun in Texas, I'll be sending mine in the trailer. There will be 2 guys driving, the rest of us are flying in on Thursday.
I'm a local to 3P and live in Cypress, 25 min from the gate. I have a secure shop at the house to lock several bikes up with all of mine if any out of town guys need it. Email me at fast4semperfi@msn.com
bultokid
12/27/2017 9:53am
I've lived in Houston most my life and it's no where near as bad as it's made out....sure I've had stuff stolen but had same when lived in BFE in Germany. Just take precautions, make it as difficult as possible to steal. If you've got trailer with all kinds of mx stickers all over it, those are ones the meth heads/ghetto rats target. Also you can carry your piece in vehicle with you, long as its legal firearm, you're good to go.
exbmxmx
12/27/2017 10:20am
Freedom MX is also in the Houston area. The day track is more technical than Rio or 3-Palms and it has the best ruts in Houston.
http://www.freedommx.com/
Zoom
12/27/2017 10:25am
Also, on Friday Wild West Motoplex in Katy Texas (bout 25 miles west of downtown Houston) will be having a SX Open House. Free door prizes and autograph session with riders from Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
12/27/2017 10:29am
Zoom wrote:
Also, on Friday Wild West Motoplex in Katy Texas (bout 25 miles west of downtown Houston) will be having a SX Open House. Free door prizes...
Also, on Friday Wild West Motoplex in Katy Texas (bout 25 miles west of downtown Houston) will be having a SX Open House. Free door prizes and autograph session with riders from Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda.
Do you know what time that will start?
Rockinar
12/27/2017 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 12:16pm
MELTON139 wrote:
It's 5-7PM

You can ride 3 Palms during the day. Then jump on 99 toll road and it will drop you right at the door of Wild West Motoplex.

bigmaico
12/27/2017 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 1:00pm
Zoom wrote:
Also, on Friday Wild West Motoplex in Katy Texas (bout 25 miles west of downtown Houston) will be having a SX Open House. Free door prizes...
Hey Larry,

I'll bring my hearing aids this timeWink
bigmaico
12/27/2017 1:05pm
MELTON139 wrote:
Rockinar wrote:
It's 5-7PM You can ride 3 Palms during the day. Then jump on 99 toll road and it will drop you right at the door of...
It's 5-7PM

You can ride 3 Palms during the day. Then jump on 99 toll road and it will drop you right at the door of Wild West Motoplex.

Rockinar,

He's from Florida! 99 is a toll tag only toll road! No tool booths!

He'll have to check with Harris County Toll road Authority to see if he can get a temp tag or use one from Fla.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
12/27/2017 2:44pm
MELTON139 wrote:
Rockinar wrote:
It's 5-7PM You can ride 3 Palms during the day. Then jump on 99 toll road and it will drop you right at the door of...
It's 5-7PM

bigmaico wrote:
Rockinar, He's from Florida! 99 is a toll tag only toll road! No tool booths! He'll have to check with Harris County Toll road Authority to...
Rockinar,

He's from Florida! 99 is a toll tag only toll road! No tool booths!

He'll have to check with Harris County Toll road Authority to see if he can get a temp tag or use one from Fla.
I can use my in laws car.... not a big deal!
Braaaphole
12/27/2017 3:21pm
I live very close to 3 Palms. If you plan on riding there, you better throw on your sand paddle. I was out there Saturday and the sand is very deep right now.
Rio and Freedom are also both excellent tracks. Freedom is more technical than anything else in the area, it's where the local fast guys ride.

I'll also say lock up your bikes if you bring them. Houston sucks and the theft here is insane. I see someone almost weekly that's had their bike stolen. The shop at Rio was broken into just a couple of weeks ago and several bikes were stolen. The area around the stadium is really bad, you're surrounded by ghetto.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3634th
12/27/2017 7:30pm
Already got the paddle tire on there ? Lots of sand tracks in Florida. Would like to ride freedom mx also it looks fun

Post a reply to: Houston Supercross Weekend Local Tracks

The Latest