Houston Supercross - Motorhome parking

zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
Planning on taking a motorhome to the Houston supercross and staying in the parking lot over-night, but havent had much luck on finding out if this is actually possible, everything I have seen says it is up to the promoter. Has anyone done this before, and do you know if you have to pay more for over-night/over-sized parking?
|
Highsider
12/29/2017 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2017 1:36pm
We got there early and had room to park the RV in the "back row" adjacent to the main doors. We never stayed overnight.

One year we made plans to get to Rio Bravo after midnight and camp and ride the next day.

One year we drove back to 3-Palms and used to gate combination to get in late.

Very nice workers down at the Houston SX compared with Arlington and having an RV to park.
JAFO92
12/29/2017 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2017 3:57pm
Highsider wrote:
We got there early and had room to park the RV in the "back row" adjacent to the main doors. We never stayed overnight. One year...
We got there early and had room to park the RV in the "back row" adjacent to the main doors. We never stayed overnight.

One year we made plans to get to Rio Bravo after midnight and camp and ride the next day.

One year we drove back to 3-Palms and used to gate combination to get in late.

Very nice workers down at the Houston SX compared with Arlington and having an RV to park.
You guys still on the road with the RV? Coming down this year?
stackman17
12/29/2017 6:06pm
Couple years ago, I took motorhome to Waco arenacross then to Houston. I think it was at Reliant. Signs everywhere said no overnight parking. After race, I moved to far corner near a building and was not bothered.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/29/2017 6:08pm
On more than one occasion I've seen the truck drivers move to a lot on the north end of the stadium (close to the hotel) and hang out afterwards.

The Shop

Rockinar
12/29/2017 6:24pm
Im not sure about at NRG Stadium parking with a motorhome, but there's room for it at 3 Palms. Maybe try your luck at the stadium but make arrangements with 3 Palms as a backup plan?

The problem I see at the stadium is exiting the next day when everyone is gone and gates closed. I'm sure theres a place you could do it. I just dont know where it is.
JAFO92
12/29/2017 6:35pm
Speaking of RVs, wish Teefus was still here and he could regale us with stories of the Egomobile and his love of Texas State Troopers.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/30/2017 12:10am
Rockinar wrote:
Im not sure about at NRG Stadium parking with a motorhome, but there's room for it at 3 Palms. Maybe try your luck at the stadium...
Im not sure about at NRG Stadium parking with a motorhome, but there's room for it at 3 Palms. Maybe try your luck at the stadium but make arrangements with 3 Palms as a backup plan?

The problem I see at the stadium is exiting the next day when everyone is gone and gates closed. I'm sure theres a place you could do it. I just dont know where it is.
I've left late at night after the race and had to wrestle with a maze of roads to get out after the gates were locked. It ain't easy.

Post a reply to: Houston Supercross - Motorhome parking

The Latest