Houston Fan Experience

savageMX
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2021 8:07am
Can anyone who attended H1 give some feedback on the fan experience?

PIT Party: I saw one post that had a picture of the pits. There was some feedback on one of the podcasts that talked out it being super light. I am wondering what is happening in the pits. What I have heard so far is $10 admission (not Monster cans) and no autograph lines. I am not one for autographs but does that mean the trucks are "closed" so you can't see inside when walking around? I noticed a BMX jump set up at H1 which I have seen at some other rounds previously.

In Stadium: What about the experience in the stands? It looked like what I would expect for people watching practice. Reports were 10K fans. Energy level must have felt low but once the gate drops, I don't care too much about the people sitting next to me.

|
1/18/2021 3:43pm
savageMX wrote:
Can anyone who attended H1 give some feedback on the fan experience? PIT Party: I saw one post that had a picture of the pits. There...

PIT Party: I saw one post that had a picture of the pits. There was some feedback on one of the podcasts that talked out it being super light. I am wondering what is happening in the pits. What I have heard so far is $10 admission (not Monster cans) and no autograph lines. I am not one for autographs but does that mean the trucks are "closed" so you can't see inside when walking around? I noticed a BMX jump set up at H1 which I have seen at some other rounds previously.

In Stadium: What about the experience in the stands? It looked like what I would expect for people watching practice. Reports were 10K fans. Energy level must have felt low but once the gate drops, I don't care too much about the people sitting next to me.

By the time I decided to go the pit passes were sold out. The stadium had the seats blocked off that were unavailable. Everything was cashless. The vibe was different from other races. But I can say when Christian won that place was loud.

It wasn’t like any other supercross experience I’ve had, but I still had fun and plan to attend other races. A vital member let me meet up with him and his family for the pod. I would say that’s the only down side. It’s all pods and I typically go to races alone.
Kmiller125
1/18/2021 3:50pm
It was honestly trash, felt like an arena cross race lol. The opening ceremonies sucked, no audio all night, no timing and scoring so we didn’t even know pap times or what lap they were on. Just overall felt like they were unprepared and will do better tomorrow. Racing was awesome though
savageMX
1/18/2021 3:52pm
Kmiller125 wrote:
It was honestly trash, felt like an arena cross race lol. The opening ceremonies sucked, no audio all night, no timing and scoring so we didn’t...
It was honestly trash, felt like an arena cross race lol. The opening ceremonies sucked, no audio all night, no timing and scoring so we didn’t even know pap times or what lap they were on. Just overall felt like they were unprepared and will do better tomorrow. Racing was awesome though
Seemed like they had some issues. Even the broadcast audio was off. The sound of the race was louder than the announcers making it difficult to hear on TV. As you said, hopefully it will be better tomorrow for H2.
1/18/2021 3:59pm
Trying to recall anytime I’ve been able to hear an announcer at a Supercross. I cannot. From the early 90’s till present.

Do the bikes still go braaap? Does it still smell like race fuel?

Ok then. Let’s race! See you tomorrow if you’re going.

The Shop

mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
1/18/2021 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 4:07pm
Trying to recall anytime I’ve been able to hear an announcer at a Supercross. I cannot. From the early 90’s till present. Do the bikes still...
Trying to recall anytime I’ve been able to hear an announcer at a Supercross. I cannot. From the early 90’s till present.

Do the bikes still go braaap? Does it still smell like race fuel?

Ok then. Let’s race! See you tomorrow if you’re going.
Speaking of fuel, the smell was definitely different this year. Not sure what had changed, but I was unimpressed 😂
mag23
1/18/2021 4:22pm
The stadium was really cool... Coming from CA, we were just happy to see other people there. We had a great time, especially, given the circumstances. We're going Tuesday too!

We didn't get more than 2 steps inside, and you could smell the race fuel... Which was so damn good!

Good times... it can be better... but there can also be no races to go to, just as easily.
PBRvince
Fantasy
2055th
1/18/2021 4:49pm
Going to H3, can't wait!

Were you able to buy beer at least?
Dimblewambie
1/18/2021 5:32pm
By the time I decided to go the pit passes were sold out. The stadium had the seats blocked off that were unavailable. Everything was cashless...
By the time I decided to go the pit passes were sold out. The stadium had the seats blocked off that were unavailable. Everything was cashless. The vibe was different from other races. But I can say when Christian won that place was loud.

It wasn’t like any other supercross experience I’ve had, but I still had fun and plan to attend other races. A vital member let me meet up with him and his family for the pod. I would say that’s the only down side. It’s all pods and I typically go to races alone.
Darkside got you on the Pony pod?
Moto Mofo
1/18/2021 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 5:36pm
Fanfest tickets were extremely limited... if you want to do that, buy them now. there were a lot of people who got there early, and were pissed that they couldn’t get one and get in. Saw lots of cars leaving the parking lot, to come back later. As someone who doesn’t really like large crowds, I felt like it was the most enjoyable SX I’ve ever attended. No lines for concessions or the restroom, either.
SEE ARE125
1/18/2021 6:03pm
mxracer816 wrote:
Speaking of fuel, the smell was definitely different this year. Not sure what had changed, but I was unimpressed 😂
I’d say with less fan attendance the mix ratio of race gas, beer and hotdog farts was off a bit. Probably only 8:1 instead of 32:1.
garasaki
1/20/2021 11:34am
savageMX wrote:
Can anyone who attended H1 give some feedback on the fan experience? PIT Party: I saw one post that had a picture of the pits. There...

By the time I decided to go the pit passes were sold out. The stadium had the seats blocked off that were unavailable. Everything was cashless...

I'm looking to go solo to indy. Ticket prices are pretty darn high and singles are few or not available.

Were there people "scalping" tickets outside? Is that a viable option to fly solo?
1/20/2021 1:11pm
I didn’t see anyone scalping at NRG last night. Definitely go, I felt almost guilty being able to watch with so few people. It was fun AF - for whatever reason the teams would post guys in the stands right behind us to watch their riders.

Trey Canard was like two feet away for a sec. I was like “hey that’s fu#king Trey Canard son”. And my son said “who’s that?” And I said, “former Honda motocross pro. I watched him win here a few years back.” And he said: “Cool.” Which he rarely says to things I find interesting. Which is pretty damn sweet! Kid even asked if I’d buy him a YZ250F after the races.
savageMX
1/23/2021 11:33am
I didn’t see anyone scalping at NRG last night. Definitely go, I felt almost guilty being able to watch with so few people. It was fun...
I didn’t see anyone scalping at NRG last night. Definitely go, I felt almost guilty being able to watch with so few people. It was fun AF - for whatever reason the teams would post guys in the stands right behind us to watch their riders.

Trey Canard was like two feet away for a sec. I was like “hey that’s fu#king Trey Canard son”. And my son said “who’s that?” And I said, “former Honda motocross pro. I watched him win here a few years back.” And he said: “Cool.” Which he rarely says to things I find interesting. Which is pretty damn sweet! Kid even asked if I’d buy him a YZ250F after the races.
We're fans allowed inside for practice? Typically the stadium opens before the first practice session.
nine1seven
1/26/2021 7:33am
Took my kids to all three. I think it was awesome. I bought tickets at the window the first night. The second night it sold out hours early, which surprised me, but I heard the promoter heavily limited tickets out of corona concerns. For some reason, the ticket lady seemed really pleased to let us know we were S.O.L. We ended up getting into the pits anyway through “alternate” means and from there, directly into the stadium.

I’m not getting why anyone would be down on the FanFest deal. We spent a lot of time wandering around watching factory teams prepping their works of art and then ended up watching world class BMX. I couldn’t believe Ryan Nyquist was competing. I was not expecting that. You could just walk up to the barriers and BS with the guy before he ripped double backflips, etc. Unbelievable. We spent a few minutes talking to Jett Lawrence. That kid was impressive, as he was very outgoing and friendly. My boys rode bikes with Christian Craig’s son, Jagger for a bit. The third round had pit bike racing instead of BMX. Pretty good show watching Axel Hodges win that.

The actual supercross was great. You could sit anywhere that had open seats.

Corona V sucks, but it made for a unique supercross experience. One of the best I’ve had, and that’s saying something, as I’ve seen quite a few Nationals and Supercross rounds.

Bearuno
1/26/2021 8:07am
How is the price of the actual Race tickets in this Covid time?

I'd half expect them to be a fair bit higher than 'normal times, what with the attendance limitations in place.

I'd not have a problem with them being higher - it still, I assume, costs Feld a shedload to run the event, but them Not having a hope in hell of having a Shedload of bums on seats.

I'd love to go to a ''socially distanced"SX - I long ago stopped going to US SXs when I was over there, instead, going to friends to watch them on dirty great big TV screens, with good food, libations and company, instead of the Zoo that big events inevitably are. I'm not good with crowds nowadays...... I'm Old and getting ever crankyer. Whistling

But, with OS travel pretty much verboten, my getting out of OZ has been curtailed. Hopefully, vaccines will get things opened up sometime soon, so I can fulfill some contracts, make some foreign shekels , and get back to travelling. Woohoo

Post a reply to: Houston Fan Experience

The Latest