Houston 3 Supercross - Night Show Bench Racing

toroP
1/23/2021 8:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2021 8:37pm
You know, hindsight, if Ken had been patient and followed Dean over the wall, stayed tight in the next corner, I don’t think Webb would have had a shot.
tuttle425
1/23/2021 8:21pm
Deano was getting the blue flag with almost 2 laps to go.

The Shop

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
1/23/2021 8:22pm
This was a great week of Racing! The Dean deal definitely sucks but still Webb is a great racer he was there at the end. The points standings still close that is greaaaaaat!
toroP
1/23/2021 8:25pm
Pakoyz250f wrote:
This was a great week of Racing! The Dean deal definitely sucks but still Webb is a great racer he was there at the end. The...
This was a great week of Racing! The Dean deal definitely sucks but still Webb is a great racer he was there at the end. The points standings still close that is greaaaaaat!
8 riders within 10 points!
RalphS
1/23/2021 8:28pm
So while we await the what's wrong with Tomac thread, is there something we don't know or is he just not comfy enough? The latter seems to me.
1/23/2021 8:29pm
Drtbykr wrote:
Sometime Roczen is going to have to show Webb he doesn’t own him.

Nicest way you can put it.
Roczen will definitely think twice in the future about trashing another rider's GF.

Headache...ho...remember that?

I fugging love it every single time Webb punks him.
Hcallz5
1/23/2021 8:31pm
Shit happens, Dean was riding for a top ten and didn't know they were behind him. Sometimes you're the fuckee sometimes the fuckor.
Lineman25
1/23/2021 8:33pm
RalphS wrote:
So while we await the what's wrong with Tomac thread, is there something we don't know or is he just not comfy enough? The latter seems...
So while we await the what's wrong with Tomac thread, is there something we don't know or is he just not comfy enough? The latter seems to me.
Tomac is just cruising around these days it seems.
AJ565
1/23/2021 8:37pm
So the AMA rule on the blue flag is to hold your line. Add to that he’d been getting blue flags for 2 laps and nobody had passed him at what point should he just keep riding his race since obviously they weren’t that close to him. I’ve watched the pass in question and it looks more like Dean was riding his own race and not blocking on purpose. It looked to me like poor line choices from Ken at the end possibly because he was fading and his focus wasn’t there. To have a 4 second lead and lose that trying to pass a lapped rider because he was following is just as much on Ken as Deano. He straight slowed down to follow Dean into that rut before the wall jump instead of cutting under and moving him out of the way or going to the outside and keeping up momentum and making CW2 follow Dean.
Crossup
1/23/2021 8:57pm
Crossup wrote:
Hate on Deano all you want but Ken missed covering the inside line in the last turn and that's where Webb got him. Ken went to...
Hate on Deano all you want but Ken missed covering the inside line in the last turn and that's where Webb got him. Ken went to the outside.
levimx22 wrote:
because deano was there! at the speed he was going he couldnt do anything other than take the outside.
Bullshit dummy. Rewatch the last corner.
Philly215
1/23/2021 9:00pm
EbarDP48 wrote:
Webb stuck it to Ken once again. And before you blame Dean Wilson, ken had a 3 second li lead with three laps to go... should...
Webb stuck it to Ken once again. And before you blame Dean Wilson, ken had a 3 second li lead with three laps to go... should gave never come to a lapper.
Photo from 2 years ago in Arlington when Webb too it from Roxzen at the last turn
That’s false. Webb gained less than a second the last 2 laps. Roczen had over a 1 second lead on the last lap. There was a 2 second lead almost the entire race and Roczen pretty much maintained that until Wilson.
1/23/2021 9:11pm
EbarDP48 wrote:
Webb stuck it to Ken once again. And before you blame Dean Wilson, ken had a 3 second li lead with three laps to go... should...
Webb stuck it to Ken once again. And before you blame Dean Wilson, ken had a 3 second li lead with three laps to go... should gave never come to a lapper.
Photo from 2 years ago in Arlington when Webb too it from Roxzen at the last turn
Philly215 wrote:
That’s false. Webb gained less than a second the last 2 laps. Roczen had over a 1 second lead on the last lap. There was a...
That’s false. Webb gained less than a second the last 2 laps. Roczen had over a 1 second lead on the last lap. There was a 2 second lead almost the entire race and Roczen pretty much maintained that until Wilson.
There was a 0.9 second lead when they crossed the line to start the last lap. Kens lead was up to 4 seconds late in the race.....Wilson is not the only reason he lost it.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
1/23/2021 9:13pm
toroP wrote:
You know, hindsight, if Ken had been patient and followed Dean over the wall, stayed tight in the next corner, I don’t think Webb would have...
You know, hindsight, if Ken had been patient and followed Dean over the wall, stayed tight in the next corner, I don’t think Webb would have had a shot.
Careful, that kind of logic will get you called a retard and a ball sucker in this place.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/23/2021 9:20pm
AJ565 wrote:
So the AMA rule on the blue flag is to hold your line. Add to that he’d been getting blue flags for 2 laps and nobody...
So the AMA rule on the blue flag is to hold your line. Add to that he’d been getting blue flags for 2 laps and nobody had passed him at what point should he just keep riding his race since obviously they weren’t that close to him. I’ve watched the pass in question and it looks more like Dean was riding his own race and not blocking on purpose. It looked to me like poor line choices from Ken at the end possibly because he was fading and his focus wasn’t there. To have a 4 second lead and lose that trying to pass a lapped rider because he was following is just as much on Ken as Deano. He straight slowed down to follow Dean into that rut before the wall jump instead of cutting under and moving him out of the way or going to the outside and keeping up momentum and making CW2 follow Dean.
The only line Wilson was holding was the main racing line. Lappers are supposed to hold their line (meaning stay in a predictable line and not zig zag all over the track) and give way to the faster riders. Hold your line doesn't mean run the main race line and block traffic from behind.

Dean admitted he fucked it up. No point trying to justify what he did as being acceptable. There's no excuse, he fucked up. I can't say whether it was intentional or not, but there is no question Wilson fucked up - he said so.

Ken needs to get pissed on the track and make it happen against Webb.
str8line
1/23/2021 9:23pm
Careful, that kind of logic will get you called a retard and a ball sucker in this place.

The butthurt is strong with this one.
tuttle425
1/23/2021 9:33pm
EbarDP48 wrote:
Philly215 wrote:
That’s false. Webb gained less than a second the last 2 laps. Roczen had over a 1 second lead on the last lap. There was a...
There was a 0.9 second lead when they crossed the line to start the last lap. Kens lead was up to 4 seconds late in the...
There was a 0.9 second lead when they crossed the line to start the last lap. Kens lead was up to 4 seconds late in the race.....Wilson is not the only reason he lost it.
Wilson was holding up Ken for 3/4 of the lap before that.
sarcasm4ewe
1/23/2021 9:38pm
toroP wrote:
You know, hindsight, if Ken had been patient and followed Dean over the wall, stayed tight in the next corner, I don’t think Webb would have...
Must be amazing to know how to win an SX race after it’s done.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/23/2021 10:24pm
daemon616 wrote:
Great ride by Webb!
Until he washed out in the sand, I thought Barcia was going to come from the back and win the main. He was on rails, crazy fast. He and Ken were the most impressive in terms of laying it down. Webb is just gritty and is always there to take advantage of the situation if it presents itself. Can't do anything but tip the hat to him.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
1/23/2021 11:43pm
For all you “ktm team orders” guys
If this was so wouldn’t it have made more sense for Webb to pull off or slow to allow Barcia to maintain points lead? Since there is no way of knowing before the race who will start where and it wasn’t signaled on the pit boards.

Yes your theory is stupid
jlarge23
1/25/2021 8:02pm
Is it just me, or did it look like Webb was a little softer around the middle when they put the camera on him at the end of the race, I know all the style is the tight jersey, but just thinking he looked a bit softer than 2019 version?
zehn
1/25/2021 8:04pm
jlarge23 wrote:
Is it just me, or did it look like Webb was a little softer around the middle when they put the camera on him at the...
Is it just me, or did it look like Webb was a little softer around the middle when they put the camera on him at the end of the race, I know all the style is the tight jersey, but just thinking he looked a bit softer than 2019 version?
outstandable analysis

Post a reply to: Houston 3 Supercross - Night Show Bench Racing

The Latest