Horrible fans at The Wick

6/30/2018 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2018 9:02pm
I really don't understand why this is a thread every week. It sucks that some idiots want to boo Marv but I'm a firm believer that you make your own bed. It's pretty obvious that Marvin has done something or something's that a decent chunk of fans didn't appreciate. I don't agree with booing him but as far I'm concerned he has no one to blame but himself.

That being said I hope the booing stops soon, it's pretty childish IMO and Marv deserves a round of applause for taming that crazy rough track in that heat.

The Shop

6/30/2018 9:10pm
I really don't understand why this is a thread every week. It sucks that some idiots want to boo Marv but I'm a firm believer that...
I really don't understand why this is a thread every week. It sucks that some idiots want to boo Marv but I'm a firm believer that you make your own bed. It's pretty obvious that Marvin has done something or something's that a decent chunk of fans didn't appreciate. I don't agree with booing him but as far I'm concerned he has no one to blame but himself.

That being said I hope the booing stops soon, it's pretty childish IMO and Marv deserves a round of applause for taming that crazy rough track in that heat.
I thought only women held grudges for that long. Lol.

Being serious though, booing him for something he did months ago is super lame. I kinda get it if you want to boo someone if he did something stupid at that particulair race, but after months? I thought most fans would’ve gotten over it by now.
Nuffsaid
6/30/2018 9:18pm
The Chamberlain Trophy resides in his country and looks to put down roots there
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
6/30/2018 9:49pm
I believe most people are good, but there will always be dipshits out there that ruin it for everyone. In fact, it's my observation that there are a few dipshits posting in this thread.

Marv rode great today. Consistency wins. Tomac was hauling ass. Great racing. Moto 1 in the 450's was the best racing all season thus far.
jemcee
6/30/2018 10:11pm
newmann wrote:
You guys should ask Trampas how he was treated...
Oh well if it happened 40 years ago by all means continue
jemcee
6/30/2018 10:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2018 10:14pm
Great example of why you be honest in your interviews instead of dodging the truth. “I took Eli out on accident, my bad” would have prevented...
Great example of why you be honest in your interviews instead of dodging the truth. “I took Eli out on accident, my bad” would have prevented all this.
hahaha oh I see, they're booing him cause he's dishonest? hahaha
jeffro503
6/30/2018 10:27pm
newmann wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Well....to be fair , Trampas didn't just get boo'd , he got bottle's , rocks , dirt clod's and everything else you could imagine thrown at him. Both during the race and heading to the box. There have been dudes on here that said even this past few years in MXoN's that every country there hate's the shit out of the american's.

Here though?........besides a few idiot's , any real moto fan love's the shit out of Marv , Kenny , Dylan , and whoever else aint from here , because they help make our series better. In the MXoN's....you have Brit's cheering on an Italian , Dutch cheering on Spainard's , Russian's cheering on the French...........as long as an American doesn't win , they are all ok with it. I don't mean to come off like a cry baby little bitch , but it's the truth. Me personally.........I cheer for the AMA guys during the MXoN's , no matter what country they are from. AND......honestly , I want some of the GP dude's to do well too , as I have a lot of my favorite rider's over there.

Sometime's I hate that fucking race because of the divide it create's!
jemcee
6/30/2018 10:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 4:02am
newmann wrote:
jemcee wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well....to be fair , Trampas didn't just get boo'd , he got bottle's , rocks , dirt clod's and everything else you could imagine thrown at...
Well....to be fair , Trampas didn't just get boo'd , he got bottle's , rocks , dirt clod's and everything else you could imagine thrown at him. Both during the race and heading to the box. There have been dudes on here that said even this past few years in MXoN's that every country there hate's the shit out of the american's.

Here though?........besides a few idiot's , any real moto fan love's the shit out of Marv , Kenny , Dylan , and whoever else aint from here , because they help make our series better. In the MXoN's....you have Brit's cheering on an Italian , Dutch cheering on Spainard's , Russian's cheering on the French...........as long as an American doesn't win , they are all ok with it. I don't mean to come off like a cry baby little bitch , but it's the truth. Me personally.........I cheer for the AMA guys during the MXoN's , no matter what country they are from. AND......honestly , I want some of the GP dude's to do well too , as I have a lot of my favorite rider's over there.

Yeah but how someone else almost completely unrelated was treated 40 (Edit:30) years ago shouldn't matter a pinch of shit about how to treat someone now.. Like lets fucken evolve
The old saying two wrongs don't make a right
Also I don't think people are booing solely cause he's french but they are definitely booing him cause he took out captain America while being French haha.. Not that it's up to him but I'd gain a tonne of respect for Tomac if he called out the tools like Canard did with Pourcel (it might not be needed as people have said it's not really that prevalent)

I will say everyone cheering against America had more to do with you guys being so dominant and wanting the underdog to win no matter who it is, than any particular hatred toward the country and riders (also the keyboard warriors talking down the GP's so much helped but again two wrongs and all that)
I think you'll find now that the US hasn't been as dominant that that stuff doesn't happen as much (Except for the tools)
Also I'd think seeing the US riders some what happy to get on the podium would create some good vibes it always struck me as rude to not accept losing to another country.. Know I'm sayin?
robkinuk
7/1/2018 1:34am
I didn't know tying on points and inheriting the lead because the top two crashed together was stomping but to each their own.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Don't take Picasso's bait.
YamahaJT1 wrote:
ATK, your comment took some time to settle in. Picasso...That made my day! What a smarmy prick. The "fella" has an ugly soul combined with an...
ATK, your comment took some time to settle in. Picasso...That made my day! What a smarmy prick. The "fella" has an ugly soul combined with an anti-American bent.
You guys crack me up. So defending fair play and calling out the red neck loud mouths is construed as being anti American?
You guys are as bad as those drunken pricks trackside!
Question
7/1/2018 1:50am
newmann wrote:
jemcee wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well....to be fair , Trampas didn't just get boo'd , he got bottle's , rocks , dirt clod's and everything else you could imagine thrown at...

I didn't know about Parker. I was reading the french press like the bible but I don't remember hearing this. That is crazy bad, and even worse during the race. Anyone remember in which country it was, or the circumstances (rival(s) on home track, or a previous take out on a rival, or was it just based on nationalism) ?
HenryA
7/1/2018 3:46am
Idk if it has been mentioned already but there was actually two idiots that was caught on camera doing thumbs down and booing in front of the podium after the second heat when Marvin waved to the crowd.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/1/2018 4:00am
It was only a couple months ago that we were at Foxborough, and the fans in this region saw a race that didn't end well between Eli and Marvin. That was their last impression. Apparently, they haven't forgotten.

Do I think it was necessary? Not really. I've said it before, but sometimes I think MX/SX fans have an oversized sense of Moto Justice.

Am I okay with the idea of rivalries in the sport? Yeah...as long as the guys on the track aren't doing anything to jeopardize each other's careers. Someone has to wear the white hat, and someone has to wear the black hat. It's what keeps us watching.
7/1/2018 4:29am
If you guys think that was bad...wait until next weekend. If redbud is anything like years past the crowd will go nuts for Tomac.
Motofinne
7/1/2018 5:08am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 5:10am
If you guys think that was bad...wait until next weekend. If redbud is anything like years past the crowd will go nuts for Tomac.
That is not the problem in my mind. People can cheer for Tomac or any other rider as hard as they want, that is actually a good thing. But the booing of Marvin is pathetic and these people are showing their level of stupidity in the day light.
1stSSPZ
7/1/2018 6:52am
It has been my experience that the farther North you go, the less class most people have.
MXD
7/1/2018 6:56am
Have any of you ever been to an NHL game? And don't tell me that hockey is a "team" sport. When a goalie is having a bad night, he hears it from the home fans just as loud as the visiting fans. Have you ever heard the term "Bronx cheer"? You should have visited Fenway Park when A-Rod used to come to town or the Boston Garden back in the Patrick Roy days. Rivalries and emotion are what makes competitive sports so great. There is a limit but booing isn't it.
ob
7/1/2018 7:06am
I think it’s fucking lame
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
7/1/2018 8:10am
Naanak wrote:
I see it like mostly every other sport. If your on one team or riders side that’s who you cheer for and that’s it. Look at...
I see it like mostly every other sport. If your on one team or riders side that’s who you cheer for and that’s it. Look at football or the World Cup it’s no different then what you see with Tomac and musquin. If your a diehard fan of one rider and the other guy is clearly his rival your not going to support him. It’s not the classiest thing but it’s human.
Prntscrn wrote:
I disagree, we don't have that same mentality in our sport. If Musquin was American he wouldn't be boed even if people thought he rides dirty...
I disagree, we don't have that same mentality in our sport. If Musquin was American he wouldn't be boed even if people thought he rides dirty. Boing someone because he's not american is not cool, luckily it's just a small portion of fans

It's okey to cheer for American riders if that is what you want to do. But making someone feel so unwelcomed because he's got a different nationality is lame af
This. /\

If he were American he wouldn’t be boo’d which is a ridiculous reason to draw the line.
YamahaJT1
7/1/2018 8:35am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Don't take Picasso's bait.
YamahaJT1 wrote:
ATK, your comment took some time to settle in. Picasso...That made my day! What a smarmy prick. The "fella" has an ugly soul combined with an...
ATK, your comment took some time to settle in. Picasso...That made my day! What a smarmy prick. The "fella" has an ugly soul combined with an anti-American bent.
robkinuk wrote:
You guys crack me up. So defending fair play and calling out the red neck loud mouths is construed as being anti American? You guys are...
You guys crack me up. So defending fair play and calling out the red neck loud mouths is construed as being anti American?
You guys are as bad as those drunken pricks trackside!
"robkinuk wrote:

Maybe their USA USA mentality was offended when the only French riders there, stomped their boys in their own backyard in both 450 & 250 classes today?
They had better get used to it come the MXDN @ Red Bud in October."

You make an ugly nationalistic remark, get justly reprimanded, then assume the role of "Victim Princess"?. Loser. Pick up your game.

gleanerman
7/1/2018 8:50am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 8:52am
newmann wrote:
I hope they treated Parker like shit, bad guy, a liar and a cheat.
7/1/2018 9:35am
If you cant boo people, then you better not cheer either. Marvin might get offended if he doesn't get as many cheers as Tomac, so lets all agree to just mildly clap for each rider equally.....and btw, where are the transgender bathrooms at the Wick? I heard team KTM was offended that mx looks racist with no transgender bathrooms
YamahaJT1
7/1/2018 10:09am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 10:13am
jemcee wrote:
Yeah but how someone else almost completely unrelated was treated 40 (Edit:30) years ago shouldn't matter a pinch of shit about how to treat someone now...
Yeah but how someone else almost completely unrelated was treated 40 (Edit:30) years ago shouldn't matter a pinch of shit about how to treat someone now.. Like lets fucken evolve
The old saying two wrongs don't make a right
Also I don't think people are booing solely cause he's french but they are definitely booing him cause he took out captain America while being French haha.. Not that it's up to him but I'd gain a tonne of respect for Tomac if he called out the tools like Canard did with Pourcel (it might not be needed as people have said it's not really that prevalent)

I will say everyone cheering against America had more to do with you guys being so dominant and wanting the underdog to win no matter who it is, than any particular hatred toward the country and riders (also the keyboard warriors talking down the GP's so much helped but again two wrongs and all that)
I think you'll find now that the US hasn't been as dominant that that stuff doesn't happen as much (Except for the tools)
Also I'd think seeing the US riders some what happy to get on the podium would create some good vibes it always struck me as rude to not accept losing to another country.. Know I'm sayin?
Evolution? Any national psyche used to take thousands of years to change and forget about the past, and never fully did unless the paper rotted.

Given the now permanent record of the "Internets", huge Oracle DB's and inexpensive permanent data storage, social change is even less likely. Fucking DNA tests offered on TV, but... That dilution to national pride is weak sauce.

Dude, there are still lingering pride effects in the U.S.A. from permanently kicking the UK's ass in the 1750-1812 period and them needing help in WW I & II. It is how we are raised, at least where I come from.

We have narrow-minded parents. They pass it on. I passed it on. U.S.A.!!!! Listen to the U.S.A. National Anthem. It is "MF'er, ya tried, but we got this".

Wow... Sorry to be so political. 30-40 years is not sufficient for social change. TP was well respected in Italy, but treated like shit overall in Europe. I lived in Italy for nearly a decade.

Trampas Parker, AMA HOF member READ: http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=391

NorCal 50+
7/1/2018 10:20am
Funny thing is- America never would have stood a chance in the Revolutionary War if it wasn't for France. That's why there are statues of French dudes all over DC. We are basically sister nations.
DC was designed by a Frenchman (L'Enfant) who was also likely gay, as was another guy that worked on the design (Benjamin Banneker) who was also likely gay. So despite the bigotry in America. DC was designed by a gay Frenchman and a gay black guy. Grinning
YamahaJT1
7/1/2018 10:55am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 11:04am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Funny thing is- America never would have stood a chance in the Revolutionary War if it wasn't for France. That's why there are statues of French...
Funny thing is- America never would have stood a chance in the Revolutionary War if it wasn't for France. That's why there are statues of French dudes all over DC. We are basically sister nations.
DC was designed by a Frenchman (L'Enfant) who was also likely gay, as was another guy that worked on the design (Benjamin Banneker) who was also likely gay. So despite the bigotry in America. DC was designed by a gay Frenchman and a gay black guy. Grinning
And good ol' Benjamin Franklin was wooing French Hotties for cash and troops to whack the british. The OG gigolo.

And French Fry Marquis de Lafayette helped save our ass during the revolution.

History is so twisted, somewhat incomplete... And Neat-O!

So funny that the overall teaching in the 50's-60's-70's was the U.S.A. "did it all"...

However, look at the Culpeper Minutemen during the revolution... Rough and Ready,

I'll discuss to death later... This is NON-MOTO.
7/1/2018 11:14am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 11:14am
Unfortunately idiots exist wherever you go and in every walk of life. I seem to remember Jimmy Decotis getting some grief in Portugal one year (as I remember someone had a sign saying something a long the lines of "Go Home"), and there have been times where team USA was booed on the podium at the MXDN - rocks also reportedly thrown in 2008? So yes, crumby horrible people exist everywhere.
YamahaJT1
7/1/2018 11:15am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 11:44am

Now y'all know why Rednecks exist...

The Culpeper Minutemen were organized on July 17, 1775 in the district created by the Third Virginia Convention consisting of the counties of Orange, Fauquier and Culpeper. Recruitment began in September 1775 with four companies of 50 men from Fauquier and Culpeper counties each and two companies of 50 men from Orange county.[1] The District Committee of Safety determined that the militia was to meet under a large oak tree in "Clayton's old field" on the Catalpa estate near today's Yowell Meadow Park in Culpeper, Virginia.[2]

The Culpeper minutemen fought for the patriot side in the first year of the American Revolution, and are remembered for their company flag: a white banner depicting a rattlesnake, featuring the phrases "Liberty or Death" and "Don't Tread on Me". At the time, Culpeper was considered frontier territory. In October 1775, the minutemen were sent to Hampton in response to British ships attempting to land. The riflemen were able to effectively shoot the men manning the ships cannons, and the fleet eventually sailed away.

The Culpeper militia next participated in the Battle of Great Bridge in December 1775. The battle was a complete American victory. There were accounts of the battle that suggested the British were unnerved by the reputation of the frontiersmen.

Yep, Valley Forge up to the "Bladensburg Run" and the torching of D.C. in 1812. All ended in "We have met the enemy, and they are ours". I blame Graham Noyce for all of this nonsense.

Post a reply to: Horrible fans at The Wick

The Latest