Horizon Award contenders

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2018 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 5:39 AM

Who are the top guys in the running for the Nicky Hayden Horizon Award at Loretta's this year? I would have to assume Derek Drake and Jo Shimoda are in there... who else?

Also, who are the guys we should be watching for to make some serious noise in the next few years. Obviously all the Bakersfield kids - but there have to be some others that have the factories watching closely.

Is anyone expected to race Unadilla the following weekend?

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

7/27/2018 5:29 AM

Carter hailpain will be up there too

|

7/27/2018 6:54 AM

Mitchell Falk
Lance Kobusch
Seth Hammaker
Not sure if a dude that is almost 30 can win it, but my brother should do fairly well in the pro class.

|

7/27/2018 7:41 AM

Carter Halpain, stamp it.

|

7/27/2018 7:51 AM

Shimoda is B.

I would say Hammaker, Drake, Faulk, Halpain

|

7/27/2018 9:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 9:17 AM

peelout wrote:

Shimoda is B.

Gotta agree with these picks. If I were to put them in order, I would say; Falk, Drake, Hammaker, Halpain.
bruce
As for Shimoda, I think there is a kid from Utah that will beat him in one (if not both) of his classes.

|

7/27/2018 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 9:39 AM

peelout wrote:

Shimoda is B.

mxbum wrote:

Gotta agree with these picks. If I were to put them in order, I would say; Falk, Drake, Hammaker, Halpain.
bruce
As for Shimoda, I think there is a kid from Utah that will beat him in one (if not both) of his classes.

i like your predictions as well sir, i will be there to watch that UT kid wrap up what has been a great year

|

7/27/2018 11:32 AM

peelout wrote:

Shimoda is B.

mxbum wrote:

bruce

peelout wrote:

i like your predictions as well sir, i will be there to watch that UT kid wrap up what has been a great year

I'm hoping your order is right Peely!

|

7/27/2018 11:49 AM

Dylan Greer

|

7/27/2018 1:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 1:52 PM

I'm saying Hammaker or Kobusch. Should see really good rides by Drake, Falk, Stack and honestly Renner may be one of the best in the class!

|

-Kyle Pesci
@killercustomz www.KCMX.net
#cheerprivateer

7/27/2018 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 2:00 PM

Renner, and the fastest lap of the week will come from Carter Halpain.

|

7/27/2018 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 1:59 PM

|

7/27/2018 2:20 PM

TMessi111 wrote:

I'm going with Brown fastest lap wink

|

7/27/2018 2:33 PM

TMessi111 wrote:

peelout wrote:

At 46 yrs old, he won't even be top 10. Oops, forgot that the "kid from Utah" is also a Brown.
bruce

ps I will be at the ranch either Wednesday or Thursday,

|

7/27/2018 3:13 PM

Renner and Halpain

|

7/27/2018 6:01 PM

TMessi111 wrote:

peelout wrote:

Bro it was a tough decision. Hope he kills it and proves me wrong.

|

7/27/2018 6:54 PM

peelout wrote:

You may actually be correct. Racer-X had some good words to say about Pierce:

https://racerxonline.com/2018/07/27/the-list-lorettas-spotters-guide
Notes: Pierce Brown has become the talk of the amateur ranks. The Utah native may only be in the B class, but several people think he could be the fastest amateur rider in the nation.

|

7/27/2018 9:07 PM

The pro class looks to be a bit of a mess this year in terms of obvious favorites. The weather can throw a big wrench in things. I think it'll come down to the TLD boys of Falk and Drake.

|

7/27/2018 9:08 PM

Btw I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, I just don't see someone dominating like Cooper did last year. It's possible we see 4-5 different moto winners in pro.

|

7/28/2018 3:46 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

The pro class looks to be a bit of a mess this year in terms of obvious favorites. The weather can throw a big wrench in things. I think it'll come down to the TLD boys of Falk and Drake.

It wasn’t that long ago that Falk was on par with Forkner, Sexton and Cantrell, or at least he gave them a run for their $ at freestone and other nationals. Seems like he hasn’t found his old self since his crash at monster cup or maybe it was a different crash or injury that has him chasing his old speed. Kid is really fast when he’s on though with good style.

|

7/28/2018 4:04 AM

Why is that Deegan kid still riding the 65 9-11 and 85 9-11 classes? Isn't he 12 years old already?

|

7/28/2018 7:51 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Btw I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, I just don't see someone dominating like Cooper did last year. It's possible we see 4-5 different moto winners in pro.

I'm going to turn into NYmotocross with this. Buy stock in Carter Halpain

|

7/28/2018 8:21 AM

Jalek will be fastest on track, Halpain will win Horizon (BUT Renner will win Open Pro).. Boom! there you go.

|

7/28/2018 8:28 AM

peelout wrote:

Shimoda is B.

mxbum wrote:

bruce

peelout wrote:

Shimoda hasnt been the same since his injury. Peirce has been on it. Wondering if he will come up to the nw again this year

|

7/28/2018 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2018 9:38 AM

Even though Kobusch hasn't had much time in the pro class, I still think he will turn some heads and get some good finishes. Last year, unfortunately, he was sick and he still managed to get a couple top 10 finishes in the classes that he raced. Not to mention the kid is hilarious and a great person off the track.

|

7/28/2018 10:11 AM

dutch_rider wrote:

Why is that Deegan kid still riding the 65 9-11 and 85 9-11 classes? Isn't he 12 years old already?

For youth classes it is your age on January 1st

|

7/28/2018 3:47 PM

If freestone is any indication - drake and seth H are good picks.

Carter should be fast - and a little of a dark horse is zane merrit - as reigning 450 B champ - he is often overlooked but has been fast with good starts this year.

|

7/30/2018 9:16 AM

TMessi111 wrote:

peelout wrote:

mxbum wrote:

You may actually be correct. Racer-X had some good words to say about Pierce:

https://racerxonline.com/2018/07/27/the-list-lorettas-spotters-guide
Notes: Pierce Brown has become the talk of the amateur ranks. The Utah native may only be in the B class, but several people think he could be the fastest amateur rider in the nation.

thanks for the link, i had missed it

we'll be hanging out with Pierce and his fam Thurs-Sun at the ranch, stop by and say hello. i'm usually sporting a Detroit Lions hat, but may be rocking some TLD/KTM stuff as well.

|

7/30/2018 6:01 PM

Any info on Pierce Knight’s lap time? If he legit ran that then he’s a very fast kid I have never heard of.

|