Horizon Award. Who decides ?

tzmike
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2021 6:54am
Kitchen raced pro races. DQ from.the award.
Agreed ?
Romano from Bayside NY is a B RIDER and as it's stands now, was not the recipient of the DESERVED AWARD.
IS THIS DAVEY AT MXSPORTS OR THE AMA ?
|
tzmike
8/9/2021 5:25pm
Last I checked anyway
APLMAN99
8/9/2021 5:30pm
tzmike wrote:
Kitchen raced pro races. DQ from.the award. Agreed ? Romano from Bayside NY is a B RIDER and as it's stands now, was not the recipient...
Agreed ?
Romano from Bayside NY is a B RIDER and as it's stands now, was not the recipient of the DESERVED AWARD.
Are you asking for agreement that Kitchen WAS NOT eligible for the award, or that he SHOULD’NT BE eligible for the award.

Do you have the rule in question for reference or are you just making up a rule after the fact?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/9/2021 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2021 5:31pm
Who won the award ? Kitchen is eligible if that's what you are asking.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
8/9/2021 5:54pm
I thought kitchen won the Horizon and Romano won the top amateur

The Shop

DonM
8/9/2021 6:01pm
tzmike wrote:
Kitchen raced pro races. DQ from.the award. Agreed ? Romano from Bayside NY is a B RIDER and as it's stands now, was not the recipient...
Agreed ?
The horizon award is for the best rider that is headed to the pros…
TeamGreen
8/9/2021 6:35pm
It’s decided by an anonymous group of Moto-overlords in a special room called “The Star Chamber”.
Johnny Ringo
8/9/2021 6:39pm
TeamGreen wrote:
It’s decided by an anonymous group of Moto-overlords in a special room called “The Star Chamber”.
lizard people
TeamGreen
8/9/2021 6:42pm
TeamGreen wrote:
lizard people
Shhhhh
The government is listening!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/9/2021 7:20pm
agn5008 wrote:
I thought kitchen won the Horizon and Romano won the top amateur
Horizon Award: Levi Kitchen

Youth Rider of the Year: Nick Romano

Amateur Rider of the Year: Drew Adams
8/9/2021 7:26pm
tzmike wrote:
Agreed ?
Well being that NR wasn’t racing the class the horizon award is made for, your post is a little confusing. They should of made an exception for the award this one year? the award goes to the top guy out of the PRO CLASSES at LL.
APLMAN99
8/9/2021 8:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
lizard people
We are NOT ‘lizard people’, despite having just a little bit of looks similar to both lizards and people ……
Sully
8/9/2021 9:54pm
tzmike wrote:
Agreed ?
Assuming that every rider was eligible for the Horizon Award, why do you think Romano deserves it over any of the other riders who won titles at Loretta's? Is it just because he's from New York (otherwise, why would you have brought it up)?
tzmike
8/10/2021 3:58am
If Horizon is for best pro prospect, wouldn't the fact he IS A PRO licensed rider prior to LL negate that award ?
Mr. Afterbar
8/10/2021 5:07am
tzmike wrote:
If Horizon is for best pro prospect, wouldn't the fact he IS A PRO licensed rider prior to LL negate that award ?
Apparently not.
tzmike
8/10/2021 5:22am
Fernandis and Kenny/Eli should have raced then. Laughing
APLMAN99
8/10/2021 5:28am
tzmike wrote:
Okay, I get it now.

You don’t know or care about the criteria for selecting the award, but you’re pissed off that your local kid didn’t win it so you’re lashing out.

Makes sense now.
motomad724
Fantasy
1036th
8/10/2021 6:12am
tzmike wrote:
Fernandis and Kenny/Eli should have raced then. Laughing
What would Kenny/Eli ride? A Honda/Kawi? #headspins Huh
Kawboy14!
8/10/2021 6:41am
tzmike wrote:
Agreed ?
DonM wrote:
The horizon award is for the best rider that is headed to the pros…
I thought it was given to the guy with the brightest horizon? 😀
DC
8/10/2021 10:33am
tzmike wrote:
Agreed ?
The AMA decides, though I am always asked for input, as are others. Levi Kitchen falls into an unofficial "Pro-Am" status since the rule change that allows A riders to test the Pro Motocross waters, and still be allowed to eligible to compete at Loretta Lynn's that year.

This year Kitchen and others did what Romano will have the opportunity to do next year, and maybe Ferry and Deegan and Casey Cochran, etc., will do the following year...

I agreed with the AMA's choices across the board, though I think Evan Ferry deserved Youth Rider of the Year as much as Adams did, but that award tends to go to minicycle racers, rather than 125cc Schoolboy riders.

DC
Racer X
Camp332
8/10/2021 10:39am
Truth is, myself and a couple guidos on the Jersey Shore voted on who gets the Horizon award whilst sippin white claws bro. We call the final decision into Davey once we've agreed.
8/10/2021 10:40am
DC wrote:
The AMA decides, though I am always asked for input, as are others. Levi Kitchen falls into an unofficial "Pro-Am" status since the rule change that...
The AMA decides, though I am always asked for input, as are others. Levi Kitchen falls into an unofficial "Pro-Am" status since the rule change that allows A riders to test the Pro Motocross waters, and still be allowed to eligible to compete at Loretta Lynn's that year.

This year Kitchen and others did what Romano will have the opportunity to do next year, and maybe Ferry and Deegan and Casey Cochran, etc., will do the following year...

I agreed with the AMA's choices across the board, though I think Evan Ferry deserved Youth Rider of the Year as much as Adams did, but that award tends to go to minicycle racers, rather than 125cc Schoolboy riders.

DC
Racer X
Alright mods close the thread.

DC
8/10/2021 11:44am
Camp332 wrote:
Truth is, myself and a couple guidos on the Jersey Shore voted on who gets the Horizon award whilst sippin white claws bro. We call the...
Truth is, myself and a couple guidos on the Jersey Shore voted on who gets the Horizon award whilst sippin white claws bro. We call the final decision into Davey once we've agreed.
And you guys got it right once again, Camp. Now pass me one-a-doze white claws...

DC
Racer X
aeffertz
8/10/2021 11:57am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Okay, I get it now. You don’t know or care about the criteria for selecting the award, but you’re pissed off that your local kid didn’t...
Okay, I get it now.

You don’t know or care about the criteria for selecting the award, but you’re pissed off that your local kid didn’t win it so you’re lashing out.

Makes sense now.
Funny how that behavior is coming from a middle aged man, innit? Grinning
Moto520
8/10/2021 11:58am
I think Brandon Bolino from the "C" classes should get it! He is a true "C" rider and just worked hard to win. Give it to someone that isn't these child prodigy......school skipping.....parent dropping everything......all or nothing....type racers. It's more impressive to me to see someone win this shit that doesn't have the privilege of riding all the time.

Not directed at the super talented Kitchen.....i'm sure he works his freaking ass off and it will show with a pro ride.

Maybe have a different award that is prestigious that the everyman rider can get.
Kyle978
8/10/2021 12:11pm
I don't care what the whiney cunts say, I think it's fucking sweet a rider can dip his toes in the pros and come back to finish his business at LL's.
8/10/2021 12:14pm
Don't disagree on Ferry as a great candidate. The thing that tends to make it a minibike award is that Schoolboy 1 is a youth class and 125 B/C is an amateur class so riders like Ferry, and Vohland last year, get credit for one youth and one amateur class and a minibike rider who wins 2 youth classes generally gets the nod.

That being said, for next year our plan is to include 125 B/C in youth and include Schoolboy 2 in amateur for the purposes of determining the awards. It just makes sense since the SB1 kids always ride 125 B/C and the Schoolboy 2 kids always ride another B class.

Post a reply to: Horizon Award. Who decides ?

The Latest