Hondas dual exhaust

tempura
8/28/2017 7:54pm
Save a grand and buy a remap and cam. Seriously, the cost Vs performance of these aftermarket exhaust systems isn't really worth it.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/28/2017 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 8:00pm
PRM31 wrote:
To be clear, making the bike look badass and having cool shit on it is a perfectly valid reason, and probably the only valid reason for...
To be clear, making the bike look badass and having cool shit on it is a perfectly valid reason, and probably the only valid reason for 99% of riders!
This.

Cool shit is, well, cool! By all means, have at it, but dont tell me you have to have most of this stuff for performance improvement (unless you are 1%'er).
Jedielder
9/4/2019 1:44pm
resetjet wrote:
Its a reason not to buy a honda. It seems they are just afraid to admit they are wrong.
Does anyone have an OFFICIAL Honda corporation link explaining why they went to dual mufflers? I can't find one. I have read a lot of forums, like this, where consumers speculate... power difference, noise is lower, balance, etc. I want to see some hard data from Honda that it really was worth the change. If Honda was correct, why didn't all of the other top manufacturers also go with dual mufflers? Overall, doesn't also add weight to the bike? This is a single piston motorcycle... it shouldn't need a "dual type" exhaust, imho.

I agree that if you want to modify your bike, having to buy a trick exhaust for a dual muffler system is probably more expensive. Thanks in advance.
Racer111
9/4/2019 1:51pm
PRM31 wrote:
And the percentage of people who will actually go faster with a new pipe on a modern 450 is???
I'm aware it won't make me faster at all, and maybe not even the bike. I take pride in making my bike look badass and having...
I'm aware it won't make me faster at all, and maybe not even the bike.

I take pride in making my bike look badass and having cool shit on it. I'm going for the factory Honda look..

Factory Honda’s have a plain silver Renthal rear sprocket and gold did Chain. I’m building my 2020 as we speak. Just ordered the blue radiator hoses and fork decals.

The Shop

MBR
9/4/2019 10:15pm
Jedielder wrote:
Does anyone have an OFFICIAL Honda corporation link explaining why they went to dual mufflers? I can't find one. I have read a lot of forums...
Does anyone have an OFFICIAL Honda corporation link explaining why they went to dual mufflers? I can't find one. I have read a lot of forums, like this, where consumers speculate... power difference, noise is lower, balance, etc. I want to see some hard data from Honda that it really was worth the change. If Honda was correct, why didn't all of the other top manufacturers also go with dual mufflers? Overall, doesn't also add weight to the bike? This is a single piston motorcycle... it shouldn't need a "dual type" exhaust, imho.

I agree that if you want to modify your bike, having to buy a trick exhaust for a dual muffler system is probably more expensive. Thanks in advance.
I have had chance to talk several engineers and large project leaders of CRF line over the years and their reasoning behind duals are:
- Duals make better power on Honda.
- the sound levels are so low that it using single makes it super long.
- The duals are nicely protected by number plates and a make better center of balance.

I actually tested eight different exhaust on 2018 CRF450R. The single had nasty sound and affected negatively on bike's handling, but most importantly duals made better power. I placed it 7th out of 8 pipes tested.
Lastander
9/5/2019 12:35am
MBR wrote:
I have had chance to talk several engineers and large project leaders of CRF line over the years and their reasoning behind duals are: - Duals...
I have had chance to talk several engineers and large project leaders of CRF line over the years and their reasoning behind duals are:
- Duals make better power on Honda.
- the sound levels are so low that it using single makes it super long.
- The duals are nicely protected by number plates and a make better center of balance.

I actually tested eight different exhaust on 2018 CRF450R. The single had nasty sound and affected negatively on bike's handling, but most importantly duals made better power. I placed it 7th out of 8 pipes tested.
The issue for me is my Yoshi has been since new at 117 dB, the limit is 114.
How the hell can it be that loud with duals when my friends kx450 -19 with a HGS was at 112
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
9/5/2019 12:58am
slothy wrote:
found it... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/28/211888/s1200_2017_08_28_11.24.23.jpg[/img]
found it...

kiwifan wrote:
I dont think its ugly, it looks like most other single silencers on other bikes...but perhaps easy to damage in a crash
That shit is like eyeballing the hottest chick you've ever seen, then noticing the dime sized wart on hernose with hairs growing out of it.....

Post a reply to: Hondas dual exhaust

The Latest